• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

Re: Which Pokemon will be in your team?

There are so many Hoenn Pokémon that I adore, it is going to be so difficult to choose just six! I'll definitely be using Treecko, Taillow and perhaps Roselia since Roserade was introduced in Gen IV. As for the remaning three, well I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see.

swampert hariyama froslass swellow(might replace him with altaria)torkoal and i guess ludicolo

i know 2 water types but ludicolo will get surf and swampert will get waterfall even chuggaaconroy had 2 water types in his emerald team why not

Last edited:

Ruby
Mudkip -> Marshtomp -> Swampert <-> Mega Swampert (if present)
Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gardevoir <-> Mega Gardevoir
Mawile <-> Mega Mawile
Electrike -> Manectric <-> Mega Manectric
Absol <-> Mega Absol
Tropius

Reserves: Zangoose, Banette, Megagross

Sapphire
Treecko -> Grovyle -> Sceptile <-> Mega Sceptile (If present)
Sableye
Aron -> Lairon -> Aggron
Meditie -> Medicham <-> Mega Medicham
Bagon -> Shelgon -> Salamence
Carvanha -> Sharpedo

Reserves: Seviper, Dusclops, Milotic

And by the way, I didn't choose these because they are Mega's. It just happens that most of my favourite Hoenn Pokémon got Mega's haha!

Aggron's got a mega evo too.

Swampert, Metagross, Salamance, Gardivour, Breloom, Armaldo

Or i might just transfer my pokemon emerald team to play it again.

Blazeken, Ludicolo, Gardivour, Slamance, Metagross, Armaldo

other than blazken emerald fire type pokemon sucked.

Last edited:

I'll be darned if there won't be an Absol in my team (and possibly a Lanturn too).

Absol won me my champion match in Emerald, and nothing beats frying Tentacool left and right with wanton abandon.

Last edited:

Tbh, I miss my original Hoenn team to bits, but even I acknowledge it was on the weak side.

I'll probably mix it up to this:

Sceptile
Flygon
Gyarados
Aggron
Gallade
Houndoom

That is, of course, assuming that the last two will be available, which I see as unlikely at this point. Fingers crossed anyway! Gyarados is a sure-in though, because I've played Pokemon for years yet somehow I've never used one during the storyline itself. If the last two aren't available, I guess I'll settle for Gardevoir and Ninetales. May or not start switching out starters before the League, in which case Sceptile [single tear runs down cheek] will lose its place to Breloom, which is a major cutie.

- Sceptile
- Sharpedo
- Medicham
- Dusknoir, failing that, Evolite Dusclops
- Altaria
- Open slot. Maybe something crazy like Light Ball Pikachu.

By no means final, of course.

Well, because I like to assemble my own teamthrough breeding whenever I can, here's my list:

Sceptile
Blaziken
Swampert
Salamence
Metagross
Dusknoir

All from eggs, maybe bred for IV's, and they're gonna be with me as soon as possible.

For now, I want my team to be

Swampert
Mightyena
Shiftry
Camerupt
Armaldo
Zangoose

At the moment I think my teams will be

Sapphire (main play through):
Sceptile
Swellow
Gallade
Camerupt
Crawdent
Manectric

Ruby
Swampert
Blaziken
Tropius
Salamence
Metagross
Dusknoir

Last edited:

Alpha Sapphire (Main Playthrough) :

Sceptile
Ludicolo
Gardevoir
Breloom
Armaldo
Flygon

Omega Ruby:

Swampert
Aggron
Exploud
Dusknoir
Wailord
Salamence

Sceptile definitely. Aggron probably, especially if Aggronite is available in-game. Otherwise it'll probably depend a lot on what changes are made to the game, what Pokémon are available, whether there are new Mega Evolutions, and other such considerations.

These Pokémon are confirmed for my team:

swampert_zps38fc2c1a.gif
milotic_zps3a04d580.gif
azumarill_zpsbe186e5f.gif

I'm contemplating using an all mixed water-type team, just to make things interesting, consisting of these Pokémon (not entirely decided yet):

gyarados-mega_zps2ca04a0f.gif
kingdra_zpsca0dc705.gif
crawdaunt_zps45f91684.gif

Dunsparce, be he is cool (and if he is not Ingame, I will trade him in)

If it resembles anything like my prior teams, then something like this:

Swampert/Sceptile
Salamence/Fly Slave
Exploud/HM Slave
Ninjask/Milotic
Aggron/Armaldo
Box Legend

I'm definitely going to be using Flygon and Zangoose, but to be perfectly honest, I have no clue what else I'm going to use.

I'm contemplating using an all mixed water-type team, just to make things interesting, consisting of these Pokémon (not entirely decided yet):

gyarados-mega_zps2ca04a0f.gif
kingdra_zpsca0dc705.gif
crawdaunt_zps45f91684.gif
Gardevoir, use Moonblast! :p

Well, I did say it would make things interesting. ;-)

I dislike having more than one Pokemon of the same type on my team, but there's so many good Water-types in Hoenn it almost seems like a disservice to limit yourself to just one, right? I could use Swampert, Gyarados, and Ludicolo if I wanted to, and they all offer very different coverage and few overlapping weaknesses.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom