• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who had the more annoying catchphrase; Iris or Dawn?

Which was more annoying?

• No need to worry!

Votes: 42 15.7%
  • You're such a kid!

Votes: 155 58.1%
  • Both were equally annoying

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 34 12.7%
  • I can think of an even more annoying catchphrase

Votes: 46 17.2%

• Total voters
I preferred Dawns, but that was probably because you could fit Dawn's into more contexts. Unlike Iris', which is just an insult no matter when she says it.

I didn't really disliked Dawn as a character, but I never really had anything against her catchphrase.
But I love Iris' catchphrase in Japanese, 'cause it's so cute!
''Kodomo ne!'' ^^
Though I dislike it in the dub, but that I still LOVE Iris!

Iris' "what a kid" is an earworm at best, and her repetitive use of it is a little annoying, but I still love her character.

To be honest, "Ash your such a kid" doesn't bother me that much however, "No Need to worry" is what got me annoyed. Although Iris says it in every episode; it's not as bad as Dawn's Catch phrase.

Dawns.

*Puts on silly voice*

No need to worry!
No need to worry!
No need to worry!

Dawn, if you say that one more time, there will be PLENTLY of time to worry.

Iris's "Your Such A Kid!" is cute XD

I think Iris' "you're such a kid" is cute, actually. I don't find it annoying at all. I like watching Ash get riled up over it :p

"No need to worry" ticked me off in the worst way. The way she said it...ugh. I wanted to punch the TV screen every freaking time.

Any character with a catchphrase gets annoying, even though I don't like Iris dub alter-ego I still prefer 'Such a Kid' over cheery cheery 'no need to worry' There's something about hopelessly optimistic types that annoy me.

Well after hearing it for 3 years it HAS GOTTEN ANNOYING! I'm glad Dawn's journey is all over. Iris sounds much cuter in the english dub

Iris. I take notice of her's more easily than I ever did Dawn's.

It's threads like this that make me realise this show needs more 'Smarter than the aaaaverage Beartic!'s, 'Eh, what's up Oak?'s and 'Abra-Kadabra-Doo!'s. Or any other painfully bad pokemon-spins on popular catchphrases.

As for which of these is more annoying? I don't know, really. I'm not sure I found either of them to be particulary grating in their native tongue, though the fact that 'Daijoubu' wasn't limited to Hikari could get annoying at times. Iris 'Kodomo ne' thing is only really bothersome when it's not used in a teasing manner, which thankfully it is most of the time.

As far as english goes though, 'no need to worry' was extremely grating, if only because I hated how the VA delivered the line.

Haha, I've started saying "You're such a kid!" myself. XD I think neither is annoying, I quite like them both.

Neither. Trip won that award as early as Best Wishes episode 1.

Trip: Basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic apply directly to the forehead basic basic basic basic...
Ash: I'm going back to Japan. =_='

Neither. Trip won that award as early as Best Wishes episode 1.

Trip: Basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic basic apply directly to the forehead basic basic basic basic...
Ash: I'm going back to Japan. =_='

This.

You, sir, have made my life. :loopy:

I don't find either of them annoying.

Dawn's "no need to worry" because then it turned into Ash saying, "that's when I worry the most". it was first started by Dawn's mother, I think

How the passage of time changes things.

I remember back in 2006/2007 when DP first started, everyone was saying how they liked Hikari saying, "Daibouju" or whatever the hell its spelled, and, "no need to worry."

I guess I'm the only one here who remembers how hyped Dawn/Piplup were back when DP first started. Back then it seemed like everyone approved of anything Dawn did.

Back
Top Bottom