• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wonder Trade Thread: Dat Wascly Wabbit!

I've been breeding a bunch of Binacles and sending them off. I kinda wish there was some sort of algorithm in play for it, so that rare Pokemon get other rare Pokemon or you get a Pokemon with a similar level as the one you sent..

I can see that being useful, but I also sent off a L30-something Quagsire and got a L1 Squirtle, so I was pretty happy.

I've been breeding a bunch of Binacles and sending them off. I kinda wish there was some sort of algorithm in play for it, so that rare Pokemon get other rare Pokemon or you get a Pokemon with a similar level as the one you sent..

I can see that being useful, but I also sent off a L30-something Quagsire and got a L1 Squirtle, so I was pretty happy.

I know trades like that happen occasionally but so far all I've gotten are a bunch of generic early route garbage. I wouldn't mind getting something fairly rare when I put something like Binacle up (since they're fairly rare and only available through rock smash).

Do you get the same level of Pokemon that you traded? Cos that's what I noticed happening in mine.

I know trades like that happen occasionally but so far all I've gotten are a bunch of generic early route garbage. I wouldn't mind getting something fairly rare when I put something like Binacle up (since they're fairly rare and only available through rock smash).

Yeah, I get where you're coming from - my guess is that they're just thinking in that case you'd breed it and put it on the regular trade station for something specific. It'll be interesting to see how that pans out as more people complete the game and start doing dream world / porting over from previous gens.

@cityvillain - Level is completely unrelated. Everything at this point appears to be completely random.

Omg, I got wonder traded a Pumpkaboo! Jolly, highly curious female. Then it evolved!

I like raising and naming Pokemon of my own though, so I think I'll breed it.

I have a mystery for you guys to solve, and it's Wonder Trade related.

I just received a Skiddo off the Wonder Trade. It's Level 1 and hatched from an egg. Here's the weird part. It's in a Luxury Ball.

I thought all hatched Pokémon only came in Poké Balls. Is there some way that I don't know about that you can change the kind of Ball it's in or is this actually a hacked Skiddo?

I have a mystery for you guys to solve, and it's Wonder Trade related.

I just received a Skiddo off the Wonder Trade. It's Level 1 and hatched from an egg. Here's the weird part. It's in a Luxury Ball.

I thought all hatched Pokémon only came in Poké Balls. Is there some way that I don't know about that you can change the kind of Ball it's in or is this actually a hacked Skiddo?
When a Pokemon hatches, its now in the same Poke Ball as it's parent. Thats why it's in a Luxury Ball. I dont think they can hack the game yet.

I tried Wonder Trade yesterday, got mostly common Pokemon but was given a Trapinch in one trade. I feel like you have to try it for a while to get something good. I plan to put up Vivillon later on so people can have one of my game's pattern.

I plan to put up Vivillon later on so people can have one of my game's pattern.

That was my thinking exactly, caught a fresh one and sent it out, got back a Japanese Azuril nicknamed CANCERBALLS.

Seriously.

Kept sending them back in and eventually found a guy on my wavelength and got myself a Japanese Scatterbug that evolved with its lovely purple Vivilion. Great feature, takes a bit of work though...

I just got a Tyrunt, which is great because I chose the Sail Fossil. It was nicknamed Notshiny, so I bred a baby and then sent the original back out.

Ledyba lvl 8 got Graveler lvl 44

As I have thrown to Wonder trade some Graveler from Victory Road, it is possible it was mine.

Were you the bugger who sent the Graveler holding an Everstone? lol
So it was not me, I wouldn't do this, I just remember getting a Ledyba yesterday but there is lot of Ledyba there.

But now I realized that that Graveler I sent probably evolved at its new trainer, I didn't think about that then but now I feel almost as good as trading my baby Bulbasaur.

I had just caught an Emolga and decided to put it up on wonder trade. I was paired with some guy who gave me his Mienfoo, and hey okay, that's a fair trade, so I was pretty content with it. But shortly after he then requests for another trade, and I'm thinking to myself, okay maybe he just wants to do a trade back, that's fine. But instead he offers this LEVEL 53 CONKLEDURR. And I'm only at Geosenge Town with my team around their early to mid 20's, I have literally nothing to offer for that. So I quietly cancelled the trade, and I'm constantly being bugged by him to do more trading which I refuse each time. Nice guy he seems, but...

But that's more of a general PSS tale than specifically of wonder trading. First time I wonder traded, I traded a female Espurr and got... a Bidoof in return. Seems about right.

I now realize that before resetting my save file and starting over a second time I should've Wonder Traded off all my team members (even the event Torchic). Oh well ... that's in the past now....

When a Pokemon hatches, its now in the same Poke Ball as its parent.
That would definitely be news in the breeding department (though I'd still prefer an actual option to select any Ball you have when you're given the egg).

I'm loving wonder trade! Means that you can just collect some great Pokes!

I've received a Luvdisk, Larvitar, Haunter (evolved into Gengar) and a JP Pikachu! And in doing so I've sent over Vivillion with my game pattern and also some hidden ability Pokes. I think it's a great feature!!

It's a great big slot machine, and I'm loving it.
I think it's a wonderful idea, and even if I get bad pokemon they tend to be foreign anyway so it doesn't matter.

Just traded over a Haunter and got back a Lv 1 Male Japanese Torchic with Speed Boost.

Wait...but the event Torchic was male, and in previous gens only the female could pass on abilities, right? So...males can pass it on now, I guess?

I just caught two Lv. 9 Budew and sent them over wonder trade and here is what I got:

Lucario Lv. 48
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Hasty
Moveset: Aura Sphere, Strength, Me First, Bone Rush.

Torchic (JPN) Lv. 1
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Jolly
Moveset: Scratch, Growl, Night Slash

Could this Torchic be hacked? Anyway... I am not a fan of collecting Pokémon, but I can't help but love this feature. It is quite exciting!

If it is hacked, I'd be all ears as to how. If not, then it means abilities are no longer only down to the female.

There's only one way to find out. Come, event Blaziken and Ditto! To the Day-care!
EDIT: Yep, the baby came out a Speed Boost Torchic. Males pass on hidden abilities now. However it does NOT share the ball of its parent; it is in a Poke Ball, not a Cherish or Ultra Ball like either of its parents. Ergo, that Luxury Ball Torchic mentioned earlier is a real mystery to me.

Last edited:
Yeah, hidden abilities can be passed down by males now. Which I'm very glad about. Speaking of hidden abilities, I got a Solar Power Charmander over Wonder Trade! Also a female Froakie which I can use to breed with. If you can wade through the crap on WT enough it can pay off nicely.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom