• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Destiny Bond. Hate that move. I remember an online battle some time ago. I thought I was cheating on a battle because I was using my Lvl 100 shiny Giratina (don't ask how I got it.). the opponent had a Houndoom. When I used Aura Sphere, he switched Houndoom out for a Wobbuffet. When Aura Sphere hit, it dealt minor damage. I thought that I was going to finish Wobbuffet with one Attack so I used Shadow Force. Giratina vanished instantly. Wobbuffet used Destiny Bond. That was when I thought "Oh, [bleep]." I was hoping Shadow Force would miss but I remembered that It has 100% Accuracy. so it was hopeless. Shadow Force hit with a critical hit. Wobbuffet fainted. Destiny Bond activated and Giratina also fainted. I got so mad tha he defeated my strongest Pokemon that easily. Luckily, I had the other two of the legendary Sinnoh Dragon Trio in my team so I just alternated from Dialga's Roar of Time and Palkia's Spacial Rend.

Last edited:
Yet again I sent three Pokemon into what was supposed to be a 6 v 6 battle because I was too accustomed to Battle Spot. Even more annoying because luck was on my side enough to take down five before my third and final Pokemon fell.

Trying to catch Mewtwo:
(At this point its in the red and asleep)
I throw a dusk ball.... One shake...
The same thing happens the next two turns, then it wakes up and uses recover!!!!!
I have my Venusaur sleep-powder it, but it misses twice, and now its out of PP because of pressure....
Then Mewtwo kills Venusaur with psychic, and my DS run out of battery.
MEWTWO IS EVIL.

Trying to catch Mewtwo:
The same thing happens the next two turns, then it wakes up and uses recover!!!!!
I have my Venusaur sleep-powder it, but it misses twice, and now its out of PP because of pressure....
MEWTWO IS EVIL.

If you have a Lvl 60+ Dark/Ghost type Pokemon, Catching Mewtwo will be a lot easier. I used a Lvl 64 Spiritomb to get it. Mewtwo's Psychic doesn't effect the Dark Typing and Aura Sphere doesn't effect the Ghost Typing. Also Try to get a set amount of X Accuracy to help. I had my Spiritomb learn Hypnosis. and it never missed because i gave it two X Accuracies. Also if You have a Pokemon that knows Heal Block, it can help against Recover.

Pumped to start going in the Battle Maison.

Lead with my Shuckle.

Decide to be an ass by setting up a load of Double Teams.

Buuut then I remembered that Contrary reduces his evasiveness so I sat there for about 10 minutes contemplating my intelligence.

The moment I see Lilligant, I know I'm in for a bad time. Ugh, the one in the Small Court in Black nearly destroyed my team... and that was just an NPC! Even my Lampent was powerless against that hideous thing. (I didn't dare send out my Golurk or I know I would have been out a DS fat. Silvy smash!)
Oh, Smasher RapenAspen. I can remember her OHKO'ing my whole team, except my Volcarona (2HKO, and only because has double resistance). That day I learned about Own Tempo.

Given her typing, if upcoming Inverse Battles weren't limited to Kalos Pokédex, I guess she would be a complete monster in that mode.

"FUUUU" is my reaction to pretty much everything a f***ing Roaming Legendary does. Their tendency to fly off to the end of the earth from where you are, using Roar to scare off my team (I was up til 2 last night chasing around a Raikou because of this), and NOT STAYING IN THE GODDARN BALL. The only thing they can do that DOESN'T tick me off is get when they get captured, but that usually never happens.

Trying to catch Mewtwo:
MEWTWO IS EVIL.

I got Mewtwo in my second dusk ball. (meaning second ball)

Trying to breed for a female Anticipation Eevee. Lost count as to how many eggs hatched (almost two dozen?), and all I get from them were males.

7:1 male to female ratio, oh how I loathe thee...

Edit: I finally got a female, and it has Anticipation. However, she has imperfect HP (it has 22 IV there). The rest are 31s. Since I plan on evolving her into an Espeon, I wonder if it can work...

Last edited:
Trying to breed for a female Anticipation Eevee. Lost count as to how many eggs hatched (almost two dozen?), and all I get from them were males.

7:1 male to female ratio, oh how I loathe thee...
I feel your pain, my male Eevee and female Eevee that i was using to breed for a Timid female Eeevee Anticipation nearly reached level 50, i must have gotten like 20 perfect males before i got the perfect female.

I have a new one. Trying to Catch a Dratini in Pokemon Red's Safari Zone. It took me 3 trips to get one, because every time, the little fucker would run after two or three balls. I didn't really need it, but it's a Pseudo Legendary Evolved, so...

I finally make it to the 50th battle in Super Triples and I get to fight Dana. I planned my strategy a long time ago, so I thought I had this in the bag. Apparently not.

I have my Mienshao and Lopunny Fake Out both of her Pokes so I can Iron Head her Regice with my Mega Mawile. What I didn't expect was Regice being faster than my Mawile AND using T-Wave on my Mienshao.
I thought it wasn't so bad until Registeel used Rock Polish and then proceeded to flinch me to death with Iron Head. Somehow, I managed to get down to 2 Pokes, but only my Delphox was left. I was so mad, I just soft-resetted.
Now I have to go through this hell again.

Trying to catch Mewtwo:
MEWTWO IS EVIL.

I don't intend to brag, but I caught him using only 2 Pokeballs. RNG loved me.

Zygarde however decided to not be helpful and calmly enter the balls. Numerous obscenities were shrieked at a 3DS that day.

I finally make it to the 50th battle in Super Triples and I get to fight Dana. I planned my strategy a long time ago, so I thought I had this in the bag. Apparently not.

I have my Mienshao and Lopunny Fake Out both of her Pokes so I can Iron Head her Regice with my Mega Mawile. What I didn't expect was Regice being faster than my Mawile AND using T-Wave on my Mienshao.
I thought it wasn't so bad until Registeel used Rock Polish and then proceeded to flinch me to death with Iron Head. Somehow, I managed to get down to 2 Pokes, but only my Delphox was left. I was so mad, I just soft-resetted.

Don't worry, I unintentionally got to her today in Super Triples and just barely lost when I could have won had I made some better plays and was frankly paying direct attention rather than doing three things at once. Though, after an entire 3 hours or so of getting to her, it was a huge downer to lose to her in the end even though I wasn't really trying to.

So I shall go through the hell again, too!~

Hah, here's one from about 10 years ago! I'll never forget the horror o_O
Way back on Pokemon Gold, I encountered a shiny rattata. Holy crap, right?! As I battle it, weaken it to almost fainting, I'm feeling pretty lucky! I then attempt to throw a pokeball to find out that...

...MY PC BOX WAS FULL! Back then, you had to change the box manually or you couldn't capture anymore Pokemon.

I think I almost started crying as I knocked it out, lol! However, many years later on Pokemon Heart Gold, I encountered a shiny rattata, near the beginning of the game and successfully caught him.

Don't worry, I unintentionally got to her today in Super Triples and just barely lost when I could have won had I made some better plays and was frankly paying direct attention rather than doing three things at once. Though, after an entire 3 hours or so of getting to her, it was a huge downer to lose to her in the end even though I wasn't really trying to.

So I shall go through the hell again, too!~

Best of luck to you!

I'm already catching back up, even though I just lost a 22-streak. Oh well. 40 more battles to go until I get my revenge. And this time, I remember to bring Wide Guard.

I just got through a pretty long battle.

The opponent and I were down to our last pokemon each in Doubles. Mine was Mega Aggron, and theirs was a Skarmory.

The Skarmory's moveset was Toxic, Brave Bird, Roost, and Double Team. It was also burned.

They obviously couldn't use Toxic and Brave Bird did little to no damage on Mega Aggron. So they kept spamming Double Team and Roost while I tried to hit it with Iron Head... useless, though. It was hilarious, but very irritating at the same time.

After 20 mintues, the opponent disconnected. I don't blame them, though.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom