• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

The first time I successfully used the Masuda Method on Black. It was a Tepig, it was gold, and then I evolved it and saw what Emboar looked like.

Yes.

I just caught Kyurem in Black 2 with an Ultra Ball...

...only because I held down the B button...

I just caught Kyurem in Black 2 with an Ultra Ball...

...only because I held down the B button...

Proven to have no effect whatsoever

I am NOT going to explain or rant about this, you just had incredible luck or Kyurem was incredibly crippled.

-When I encountered a Shiny Female Goldeen in Tohjo Falls in crystal.
-when i encountered a shiny ryhorn(female) in leafgreen and named it ruby.
-when i caught mewtwo by reducing its HP to the orange line, then sent out my bulky slowbro. Then I threw my first pokeball(an Ultra ball actually)
and CAUGHT IT WITHOUT MUCH EFFORT!!!!!
-I wasted about 80 or so different balls on the birdies though.
-After days of searching and trying, I found a chansey. it got away. Then on the second ecounter, I was like screw this and about to quit the safari
when chansey appears! I was down to 3 safari balls and the 2 ball caught it! I later breeded it, released the mom and now i have a blissey(in
leafgreen)
-Again, in safari zone, after lots of tries, finally got a dratini(but female) and sp.defense boosting, defense lowering nature. I was overwhelmed! I named it Precious. Precious of course took time to evolve and then helped me sweep through the elite four and champion (YAY)

Last edited:
After I wasted my master ball on a zapdos in blue, I managed to catch Mewtwo with a regular pokeball after hundreds of tries with great/ultra ball.

Let's see...
-Sweeping Winona with my Azumarill.
-Catching Groudon in a regular Pokeball in Soulsilver.
-Getting my first Pokemon to Level 100 in Black 2.
-Finally catching Kangaskhan in Firered.

I spot a level 1 blue Pawniard named Robot on GTS last night and the trainer wants a female Castform for it. So I grab a Castform and trade. Now when I get the Pawniard, I'm not expecting much; I'm figuring it has a horrible Nature which would be why the trainer would toss the poor thing off. I check it and raise an eyebrow. This critter is Adamant with Defiant. My curiosity is piqued so I get it checked in Nimbasa.

He's Outstanding and perfect in every freaking stat. Either the breeder got insanely lucky or it was RNGed. In either case, the little guy's mine now. Think I'll prep him for X along with a low level shiny Golett.

You might want to check if it's not hacked though. You never know ! But nice catch though :p

Was trying to breed a Koffing with Psybeam for PWT. Finally got a male Misdreavus after 4 eggs, and I had a female Koffing from Dream World. Didn't get an egg, so I decided to check GTS. Saw another female Koffing on GTS that asked for another female Koffing (that trainer probably wants to use Masuda method, I guess, since this is a Japanese trainer...) Offered my Koffing, and the trade was successful. Yay!

According to the judge, she had "decent" stats. Well so did the one I traded away.

What's awesome about this trade?
The Koffing I received has Pokérus. Oh yes.

Beating the crap out of Cynthia (Yep, I am legend. I ain't afraid of no...swivel-eyed loon) and realising my Kingdra had 'outstanding' stats!

I haven't had a big yes moment in some time, but I totally crushed Elesa with my Krokorok in White 2. And everyone says she's hard. lol, just get a decent natured Krokorok with Moxie and not even her Emolga will stand a chance. Yes! Bwahaha. :3

Once I forgot to revive some of my Pokemon and heal the others with Potions before fighting Cynthia, and after losing almost all of my Pokemon due to neglecting their injuries, I barely managed beat her with my last Pokemon alive.
The best part about it was that...
...I beat Cynthia with a level 33 Dragonair holding an Exp. Share.

This is not a particular moment but I have been trying to get about 60 dittos of the same nature (for perfect iv's), ran into TONS of them last night for the amount I played. I love it when that all works out. Sometimes it makes me want to cry though.

Beating Cynthia in Platinum. I almost forgot how hard she was, especially with the level jump between the 8th Gym and the Elite 4. I was in my low to mid 50's the entire time and I barely made it. Thank goodness for Max Potions and Revives.

I encountered a Shiny Roselia on my Pokemon pearl On route 221 Then later got a Shiny Floatzel on the same route :) But I lost that cartridge. :(

Wow, surprised to see this thread still going!
Another Yes moment of mine was Beating the elite 4 in black. For once I felt they actually made them something of a challenge!

Finding out that my old Mewtwo from LeafGreen and my level 4 female Ralts from Pearl both had "relatively superior" potential. The first time I encountered Mewtwo on LG I just threw a Master Ball at him, not really caring what I'd get. He's Quiet and "Quick to flee". My Ralts is Quiet and "Scatters things often". Both will be heading to X and Y, if I have any say in this.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom