• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

My YES! moments: (I've got plenty)

-When I caught Reshiram with a Heal Ball. (I had confused it)
-When my under leveled Togepi in SS beat the crap out of two of Morty's Pokemon with Extrasensory.
-When I caught Entei with an Ultra Ball on my first try during my first encounter in SS.
-Beating Cynthia on my first try in the BW post-game.
-Finding a shiny Weedle in my Leaf Green version. (The first Shiny Pokemon that I actually caught if you don't count the Red Gyarados. I've found a shiny Sentret and Zigzagoon once but I accidentally made them faint before catching them)

My first critical capture ever being Reshiram in Black. I had no idea what a critical capture was at that point, and I thought that it was something that just happened to make sure I caught it for the story's progression. When I found out later it wasn't, and it was pure luck I was floored. xD

Catching Xerneas and Mewtwo with close to no trouble in X.

Going to catch a Tauros in Route 12, and the very first Pokemon I run into was a shiny Tauros (and this was in the grass, not the flowers, so Tauros was even rarer to catch there!).

I like having my team be all female... In X the first Eevee I ran into being female was definitely a "YES!" moment. And then a couple of days ago I restarted FireRed with no intention of saving, and the realized that the Squirtle I got was female. The first female starter I've ever had!

Wandering around Route 10 and the first Pokemon I encounter is a male Eevee. I grumble and run. I keep running around a bit and I run into a second Pokemon. What is it? A Golett! Massive yells of "YES!!" and fist pumps.

That Golett took out four members of my team and broke 4 Balls before I caught him. When he stayed in the Dusk Ball I threw, there was another yell of "YES!".

Titan's now a Golurk and almost at level 76. He wrecks stuff like you wouldn't believe.

Everytime I caught a Shiny Pokemon lol.

The most recent was a Shiny Dodou in the Friend Safari, at first I didn't notice it, but once I noticed I was like OMG OMG OMG. It sounds a bit disgusting, but I had a tissue halfway in my mouth when I was trying to catch it. :lol:

Breeding Fennekins for Magician Hidden Ability.

I did get one eventually, only that it was shiny.

Catching Regigigas easily. He's supposed to be one of the most difficult legendaries to catch yet I caught him after throwing an ultra ball, two dusk balls, and putting him to sleep. I can't believe I wasted all my money on Dusk Balls to catch him.

C-C-CMON AND SLAM
AND WELCOME TO THE JAM
CMON AND SLAM
IF
YOU WANNA JAM

I got a shiny Charmander using the Masuda method after hatching 109 eggs aND I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT IT.

I found four shinies, all of them caught on the same date, 11/5/13.
After finding each one, my exact reaction was...
[video=youtube;ITZN1hLzcwM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITZN1hLzcwM[/video]

Got a Shiny Eevee on route 10 in Pokemon Y! :D
I had been trying to get it for almost a week with MM, RE and Radar.
And finally after yet again trying to chain on a not-very-friendly Radar spot, I got it on my fifth chain! :D
YES! I say!

Getting a female Mold Breaker Hawlucha from the GTS. Thank you, japanese player whose name I can't read ! :D

EDIT : This just in ! A Shiny Magmar (3rd Shiny in Y) was caught while searching for Drought Female Ninetales in someone's Friend Safari. Caught in a Premier Ball with these IVs :

Magmar - #126 (Bold)
HP: 27 - 29
Att: 0 - 3
Def: 26 - 29
SpA: 31
SpD: 20 - 23
Speed: 31

The glory of my Black 2's Eviolite Magmar is coming back in X & Y ^-^

Last edited:
Just now I caught a shiny Geodude in a horde while EV training Umbreon. All the odds were in my favour. I could've killed it as I used Surf on all five of them but luckily the Shiny had Sturdy. Then there are only three Geodude remaining. Lucky me, the other two didn't use Magnitude and I managed to catch it in a Dusk Ball. Considering how many stories I've read of people who had a shiny Geodude explode on them, I think this is a fairly big "YES" moment.

Most of my "YES!" moments happen when I'm trying to catch a Pokemon thats not exactly being easy to catch. The feeling of seeing that Pokeball "click" after throwing about 20 pokeballs before it is a good feeling.

Beating Red in Heart Gold in ONE try. i was amazed. i never thought it was possible. then i did a victory dance.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom