• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Arrest made over CoroCoro leak: Man linked to Sept. 1 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew you get arrested over something like this O_O

Well then agein proves how inportent pokemon is in japan

Oh, wow. I didn't know people could get arrested for leaking CoroCoro O: Has this happened before? .___.

lol too funny. It happened with the Napster guy. Arrested and sued and so were many of the illegal followers.

o_O The guy probably thought he was bringing a service to the people.

How odd. Oh well. He's an Internet SuperHero to me for doing that.

I just hope it doesn't totally screw up any possible future leaks...

How dare he leak scans via his mobile phone? This man is obviously Satan incarnate. I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you.

So, the guy that leaked the real scans that no one believed because they contained Chaoboo?
Ha. But seriously, I think Japan's copyright policy is a bit extreme, worse than that of the US. But, eh. I can't do anything about it.

So, the guy that leaked the real scans that no one believed because they contained Chaoboo?
Ha. But seriously, I think Japan's copyright policy is a bit extreme, worse than that of the US. But, eh. I can't do anything about it.

To be fair, since there are ALOT more fans for this sort of thing (anime, manga and video games) in Japan, it has to be taken very seriously. Otherwise everyone would do it and ultimately it would hurt the industry.

To be fair, since there are ALOT more fans for this sort of thing (anime, manga and video games) in Japan, it has to be taken very seriously. Otherwise everyone would do it and ultimately it would hurt the industry.

I assume that you're assuming people knowing whats in the magazine before they buy it will discourage them to buy it, which still applies after the magazine is released (as scans will be posted post-release). The only way they could prevent people from "hurting the industry" is to stop people sharing any content of the magazine with anyone else in any form, so that people HAVE to buy it themselves, which is obviously madness.

But still, despite the ethics of the law he knew it was in place when he leaked those scans. I feel sad that he got arrested but it is his own fault.

picture.php

First thing that came to mind upon seeing the headline. D:

That made me laugh. Anyways, it isn't surprising that it happened, it was bound to happen eventually.

it was really just a matter of time. poor guy. :-/

lol too funny. It happened with the Napster guy. Arrested and sued and so were many of the illegal followers.

How is my post 'lol too funny'-worthy? Perhaps I'm misreading your intent as text is a rather poor medium for conveying tone at times, but that came off as somewhat snobby. I asked a legitimate question, as I obviously knew of no other times this had happened. It's not like I scour the news looking for stories of people getting arrested for leaking video game images.

So, tell me about this 'Napster guy'. I know nothing of it.

Since we're hearing about it now, he must have recently lost in court, and going to jail now.

What crime is this that he has commited? (and how many years is he serving?)

What crime is this that he has commited? (and how many years is he serving?)
No years.

They're giving him the death penalty.

Anyway, I'm confused, which images is it talking about? Those weird ones we got of the Starter Evolutions that we never found the source of, or those leaked ones with the middle forms that everyone assumed was fake (ironic, ne?). I know it says Corocoro in the title, but I don't remember that one popping up around the 1st and including six pictures, which sounds like the starter leak to me.

No years.

They're giving him the death penalty.

Anyway, I'm confused, which images is it talking about? Those weird ones we got of the Starter Evolutions that we never found the source of, or those leaked ones with the middle forms that everyone assumed was fake (ironic, ne?). I know it says Corocoro in the title, but I don't remember that one popping up around the 1st and including six pictures, which sounds like the starter leak to me.
Anime News Network confirmed that they were images from October's issue of CoroCoro. However, looking at Serebii's archive, 1st September was the date when Jalorda, Enbuoh and Daikenki were leaked too. That makes six images.

Death penalty? I think that's ridiculous for leaking POKEMON images of all things.

The guy worked at the "company" (I assume CoroCoro), and he clearly broke the rules of the company, in order to release pictures of characters we'd all find out about in less then a month.

Nothing really to feel sorry about...guy's an idiot who broke the rules established by the company he worked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom