• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

"The Storm Disappears" from DP136.

The song when Looker reveals his identity to Team Galactic. Also from DP136.

"Prayer"

"Tears After the Cloudy Weather"

The song that constantly repeats in DP149 when Piplup and Pikachu fall in love.

The short song in DP125, when the kids exit the tunnel and Shelter Town can be seen from a distance.

The very first song in DP133.

The song when Lyra and Khoury officially join the group in DP143.

And many others.

There's one that was introduced early in the anime. I have no idea of the title, but the RSE games have it for battling certain Legendary Pokemon like Groudon.

I also like that one mentioned above, played at the end of Ash's Silver Conference battle with Gary, with Charizard vs. Blastoise.

How would I go about finding their names, anyway?

I have know idea if it was dub added or if it even has a name but I love the sad music that used to be played in some scenes from the earlier seasons. One example I can think off Is the 'Ghost of Maidens Peak' episode, it was played quite a bit in that one. It's a lovely piano piece. I don't know why but it makes me feel like crying.

during another one gabites the dust, when the battle frontier music plays. It counts.

Pretty much most of the original japanese BGM :p Whaaaaat?! I'm biased and nostalgic and most of it is based on game music!!

As far as the newer pieces are concerned, I love that bit of music from movie 6 "Diane's feelings", and another piece whose name I don't know which plays in DP 73 when Musashi is about to release Dokucale (before Kaze to Isshoni starts).

I have know idea if it was dub added or if it even has a name but I love the sad music that used to be played in some scenes from the earlier seasons. One example I can think off Is the 'Ghost of Maidens Peak' episode, it was played quite a bit in that one. It's a lovely piano piece. I don't know why but it makes me feel like crying.

That's Prayer, which is from the original Japanese. I love that song too, it's one of my very favorite pieces and I kinda get choked up when I hear it too.

Music is one of things which keeps me interested in Pokemon. I basically like all tracks included in the anime sound collection but me favorites have to be well-known "Meeting and parting", "Tears..." and "I got the victory badge".

As far as dub is concerned I really like one of themes used during Twinleaf episodes... I think recently it was played in "Strategy begins at home" when Ash was observing Heracross with that young boy who liked bug pokemon. Too bad it's unnamed and wasn't released on any CD.

Hmm my favourites have to be:

Oden because it sounds different
Johto Bike Music
Setting off, Tears after cloudy weather, Kanto Trainer Battle, Prayer, A meeting and a parting and Bills Lighthouse.

Also an peice of music on origianl Kanto music (Japanese) is is called "Reunion" or something, I think part of its played on an oricana

And finally last two Lugias theme (I can almost play it on my Irish flute) and the peice of music used in Movie 10 Oricana of time?

Let's see...
-The Sinnoh BG music
-The Hoenn BG music

There's so many of them that I can't explain them all.

That's Prayer, which is from the original Japanese. I love that song too, it's one of my very favorite pieces and I kinda get choked up when I hear it too.

You're right. I've just realized I have it!

What, no love for "Satoshi's New Theme"? XD

There are way too many pieces from the Japanese version that I like for me to even start to list, but currently one of my favorites is "Satoshi, Yukinari Yuujou no theme" from the Celebi movie. It's just amazing.

On the dub side, here are some TPCi pieces that I like:

The piece when Ash and James are battling in DP54, right before the Chiisaki Mono/Make a Wish Instrumental.

The bongo piece in DP56 when Ash is being chased by Spiritomb and the slight remix in DP121.

The short piano piece when Dawn is tearing up DP62. It hasn’t been used again, unfortunately… It’s very good, and if I didn’t know any better I would have thought it was from the Japanese version.

The piece when it cuts back to Ash and Angie racing on the water in DP91. I also really like the extended version in DP119. The piano gives it that sort of sad feeling that I love.

The ending theme to DP117, and TPCi’s standard episode ending theme.

The piece that plays when Ash tells Grotle to use Rock Climb in DP141.

The full version of Brock’s Love Theme heard at the beginning of DP145.

Probably my favorite piece from TPCi is the song that plays in DP80 when Tyler is trying to catch Yanma at the end of the episode. I really, really, like it.

If TPCi is going to continue to mix their music with the original, I hope they use these pieces more often! I certainly wouldn’t mind hearing them again.

Koaji-Kun said:
especially the theme when ash monferno battles the paul electabuzz.

and when staravia evolves to staraptor against paul hounchkrow

i don't know what is the name of that song :(

The first song you mentioned is "As Long As I Can Hold My Breath" from the 9th movie OST. That's probably my favorite piece in the whole movie.

As for the second song you mentioned, you might be refering to an unreleased fan-named piece called "The Shining Light". I really like that song, too.

XXKojiMusaXX said:
...And not sure what these two BGM's are called, but the one from DP156 where the Rocket-Dan battle Fukamaru, Satoshi, and Hikari.

And hmmmmm, the one that was last in DP065 when the Rocket-Dan are spying on the Twerps vs. Kabarudon....

That first piece is "Flygon Toujou!" from the 6th movie OST. Pretty awesome, huh?

As for the second one you mentioned... I'm not sure. I'll check it out.

ii kanji said:
As far as the newer pieces are concerned, I love that bit of music from movie 6 "Diane's feelings", and another piece whose name I don't know which plays in DP 73 when Musashi is about to release Dokucale (before Kaze to Isshoni starts).

That's "Shustugeki!" from the 5th movie OST.
Epic.

Shinx3000 said:
...and the peice of music used in Movie 10 Oricana of time?

You might be thinking of "Oracion". There's also a piano version of Oracion with the... grass whistle-thing on the OST called "Alicia". I think it's great too, and I'm glad that it (the piano version) was kept in the dub in DP95.

I like the Jouto battle music that turns into an OK! instrumental at the end. I also like the Jouto Rocket-Dan theme.

Other pieces I like is the piece that plays during Kasumi's farewell flashback in the Japanese version and the music that plays during the Lizardon and Burshamo fight.

Also, I have no idea how people can't tell the Japanese music from the American music. Maybe I've been doing comparisons for too long, but for me, the difference is night and day.

Has anyone mentioned the music that played when Ash's Charizard battled Falkner's Pidgeot? Damn, I wish I knew what these pieces are called.

Does anyone know the name of that battle music that they frequently use in DP? They played it when Grotle fought Rhypherior, Totodile fought Gible, Grotle fought Honchkrow, Chimchar fought Glalie, and a bunch of other times.

DP162, when Dawn turns the battle around and beats Ursula.

Ambipom's release music, and the anticipation music to see who was the winner of the Wallace Cup, when they showed everyone, rivals, family, etc.

Also, I have no idea how people can't tell the Japanese music from the American music. Maybe I've been doing comparisons for too long, but for me, the difference is night and day.

While for the most part, I agree, there are a few pieces of Japanese BGM that feel like... "exceptions" to me. That infamous cut scene in Beauty and the Beach used music I thought came from the dub. It isn't released music, though. (I've heard this music in the dub many times, mainly in Kanto, but for some reason this is the only scene I can remember off the top of my head that plays this music.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom