• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW003: Mijumaru! Meguroco! Close Call!!

I'm worried that Mijumaru's personality traits will be erased once Dent enters the group and Ash obtains more pokemon.
Yeah, quite a few Pokemon in the past have quickly fizzled out after having nice debuts...I can think of Noctowl as the best example, given its debut episode had it pull of some clever little plans and the like, but after that it was pretty worthless. But I'm not too worried about Miju...he'll be treated better. He's a starter.

Honestly I'm more concerned about Kibago. He really hasn't done any standout thing yet and just seems there, like, a blank slate. Yanappu, the "third mascot", or so it seems, from the previews shows more of a personality than it does, which is kind of disappointing as Kibago is a cool Pokemon it itself.

Oh, and Mamepato and Koromori also seem like blank slates at this point, but that's not too surprising given their roles and little screen time so far.

Nice episode.Through in general lines it felt like a complete filler...It wasn't an horrible kind of filler like early Kanto or middle BattleFrontier since I didn't felt sleep....nor was it spectacular like middle Hoenn or early Sinnoh fillers since I didnt laugh much...Well,I guess it was overall a good episode.Nothing special.

SunglassesGoogleCroc was absolute win.I hope Ash catches it.Mijumaru was fun along with Iris(I absolutely loved how Iris didn't just stand and watch Ash die like,ejem,another one of his female companions would have done...).The tower of megurokos was brilliant.

I laughed out loud hard when the memepato just flew from the rock,dumb brain dead pidgeons :p

Decent episode. It felt like it was mostly filler, but it was at least enjoyable. I honestly don't love Miju as much as others do, but that's because it reminds me too much of Chikorita rather than Piplup. At least it wins battles though.

Team Rocket kept up their seriousness though, and that feels like a good thing. It does seem like it could get old fast, so I hope they actually get something done soon, otherwise the capture attempts will feel like an even bigger waste of time.

I feel bad for Kibago though. He's been here for 3 episodes and hasn't done a thing. I was hoping for another Gible but that doesn't seem to be the case so far.

Fun episode. I think the dynamic between Satoshi and Iris and Satoshi and Mijumaru really helped to keep the episode fresh and free from boring filler land.

I'm really liking Iris and Satoshi's relationship thus far. The fact that they get into pointless, silly arguments while being able to be cool with each other at the end of the day makes them much more interesting. I also enjoy how Iris is pointing out valid points about how Satoshi reacts and acts. I hope they keep this dynamic and don't mellow it out too much.

Mijumaru is adorable. I'm glad Satoshi finally caught him--well, attained him, I guess. Professor Araragi was surprisingly understanding with the whole situation. Very decent episode.

IMO, the final look Meguroko gave us hints that he will probably be captured by Ash.

DAMN. Miju's got some balls throwing Pikachu like that. I don't think any other Pokemon in the history of forever pulled that before.

So, Mijumaru's been the only one to stand up to Pikachu. That is quite the feat. I think Pikachu knows his place now.

IMO, the final look Meguroko gave us hints that he will probably be captured by Ash.

Like Squirtle from the Squirtle Squad/Zenigame-dan?

Just finished watching this episode! If this is what Best Wishes 'filler' (it wasn't really a filler, since Ash got Mijumaru, but it did sort of feel like one) episodes are like, then that's some pretty high standards!

I don't see Meguroko being captured by anyone since there's that taboo against the main characters owning dark types.

However, I do see it as a reoccuring Pokémon. Although it would be cool if Ash caught it... Or even better, if Iris caught it.

I really loved the beginning of this episode and I'll never get over how utterly adorable Ash's Mijumaru(or Moemaru as it should be known) is. I liked the whole MOVE. SEE THIS IS WHAT I WANT moment. That was cute and it's puppy eyes <3333 I don't think Mijumaru is so much clingy/jealous as it's rather oblivious to everyone/doesn't really care about anyone but Ash.

Though by the end of the episode, things just sort of taper off and everything's kinda 'meh'. I did like how Mijumaru and Iris saved Ash and the dumb mamepato but other than that...the second half of the episode just wasn't that interesting. They really need to bring the old Team Rocket back.
8| They can still be funny badasses, writers! Also - Kibago. I hope it gains a personality/does something soon because at the moment, it looks like it's there just for the sake of being cute.

This was what I'd consider an okay episode. It wasn't stellar, but it still had its moments. Mijumaru really shined in this episode, and it brought to life its personality more. He's definitely my favourite Pokemon in the main cast so far. I agree with other people about Kibago, though. I really want to see it do some stuff other than act cute and be Iris' mascot. It was a shame Mamepato and Koromori weren't seen in this episode, but I suppose I can forgive them. It's only the third episode, after all. Speaking of Mamepato, why didn't they fly off the rock in the first place? Seeing how I don't understand Japanese, the one thing I didn't get about the episode is why the Pokemon were gathered there. Was the hot spring blocked, or something? I'm also glad to see Jessie and James are steadily being more competent. I was starting to get tired of the blast offs. I'm also a fan of Iris and Ash's dynamics together. I'm glad she's not like the other female characters. She's as spunky and energetic as I had hoped. I loved that pointless argument at the beginning where Ash and Iris were trying to outrun each other. ;P

Also, looks like Pokabu's going to be caught by Ash in the next episode!

scan1v.png

scan2l.png

scan3h.png

scan4.png

scan5.png

scan6.png

This was my favorite scene XD about time someone put that rat in his place!

I'm trying to figure out if Mijumaru is a boy or a girl, it could be like Chikorita all over again. Boy is the little thing cute and it has some great personality, so I am glad Ash caught it. The AshxIris interaction has been fun so far. Over all, fun episode, can't wait for episode four.

Personally, I'd like to think it's a girl, but most likely (like with most of my gender predictions) it'll turn out the opposite.

The interactions between Iris and Ash are really enjoyable. I loved when she saved him from falling into the steamy stream.

Those meguroko have really strong teeth...and pain tolerance. I mean, damn! There were like 20 of them chained to one another by their TAILS...and they could support the weight of two children. I dunno, that's pretty hardcore XD

Also, this needs to be reiterated. Those mamepatos are not very bright ._.

Are the Mamepato not bright, or is it possible they were just freaked out?

Also earlier in the episode where "Dan" was explaining what happened with the Sand Bath and Meguroko, I think Meguroko used that new 5th gen move that's like "Level Ground or Smooth Over" or something because trees were falling down.

Are the Mamepato not bright, or is it possible they were just freaked out?

If you want to look at it logically, I suppose that they could of been in such deep shock that they didn't want to move off of the rock until all their woodland brethren were also going to be saved.

But come on...it's still kinda funny.

Could this be the first hotsprings episode without any blatant fanservice? :O

I do wonder when we're going to see Kibago actually fight. Not saying I don't love the little dragon, it's adorable, but I wanna see what it's made of!

Kibago is striking me as more of the Wobbufett type character. It really just chimes in at the end of Iris saying something and that's it.

Is there no good quality on Youtube yet, or is it just me?

Or so we think...there is still no way to know for sure that Mijumaru will evolve.

This episode was pretty "meh" for me. I liked all the interactions with Mijumaru and the writers remembering to have Satoshi call Araragi-Hakase to get its Monster Ball, but that's it, really. The hot springs plot wasn't interesting at all and it was a pretty sucky way to introduce an awesome pokemon like Meguroc. I hope this isn't a preview of the type of filler material Best Wishes is prepared to give us.

The Rocket-Dan acted a little more like themselves (Musashi actually refers to Satoshi as "Jari Boy"), but they're not quite there yet. The preview for next week's episode has me hopeful, though.

I was happy to see their coat/hat combinations make a return, and it's getting me thinking that those might end up being their "civilian clothes" from now on. I guess they won't be walking around in their uniforms in broad daylight anymore?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom