• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW017: The Wild Child that Hatched From The Egg!

^^ you mean Best Wishes or Black/White?
if so i agree with the former, but with the latter its a tie between Axew's Line and Snivy's line.

Well, I'm not really a fan of any of the pokemon this gen, besides maybe that cat one or that evolved frog. But in the Best Wishes series, definitely Axew, just because I don't like the starters. Though I do like Mamepato..

Well, I'm not really a fan of any of the pokemon this gen, besides maybe that cat one or that evolved frog. But in the Best Wishes series, definitely Axew, just because I don't like the starters. Though I do like Mamepato..

Mamepato is cute too. I got a kick out of how when Zuruggu headbutted her, and she just blinked twice then ran away.

I'm pretty sure Iris did call Kibago a big brother. XD It looked so happy!

Is it cuz Brock's not in this series so you don't like the Pokemon from this generation too? I know you don't like any thing from this series right? Any who, I thought the episode was pretty cool, new Pokemon is a great addtion to Ash's team. The battle between Ash's Pokemon was awesome and I liked how they worked together as a team to save him. I liked how Ash was working so hard here, I hope that continues. Team Rocket had some good scenes but I did feel they were out of place but whatever. Next weeks episode looks great, can't wait for it.

Ash's first dark type is made of win. I'm incredibly happy that he's so interesting.

This is the first episode where I actually felt that Ash's Unova pokemon were a "team," rather than individual pokemon who just so happened to be training under Ash at the same time.

What I love about this episode is that Ash didn't just send out his entire team just to say "hello;" we got to see their interactions with one another.

After this episode, we can tell that Pidove is a friendly pokemon, as she was the first member of the group to welcome Zuruggu in. However, in the moment of danger, Pidove is quick to flee. Perhaps this personality trait is too similar to Staravia?

I'm beginning to see a lot of synergy between pokemon belonging to the main characters It is clear that Pikachu and Snivy are the most experienced and mature pokemon in the group, always looking out for the others. Axew (who belongs to Iris) and Mijumaru are friendly, but they will fight back when provoked. And Zuruggu with its "Zurugguness..."

Tepig was the only pokemon we didn't get to see too much of. He interacted with Zuruggu for a brief while, but didn't seem to mind when headbutted.

At long last, the Team Rocket storyline is beginning to pick up its pace. Now that TRio gave the meteorite from the Shippou Museum to the scientist, they can finally start their real operation. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Good episode. Ash clearly has a lot of work ahead of him in the future to build this team up.

You know, Zuruggu in this episode gave off a Treecko vibe to me because they're actually quite similar. Both are really anti-social, hate being beaten in a fight and didn't take kindly to Ash at first.

Did anyone else notice this?

In addition, Zuruggu was desperate enough to challenge the opponent (or opponents in this case) that it easily lost against, without further training nor assistance from its trainer.

Zuruggu has many similarities with Treecko in the past: stubbornness, pride, and not wanting to associate with any of the other pokemon unless it was for a battle.

Of course, Buizel had many of those same traits when it first joined Dawn's team.

Except in this case, Zuruggu is portrayed more as a weakling who acts tough rather than boasting true strength.

Hopefully we get to see more of it in the future.

Is it cuz Brock's not in this series so you don't like the Pokemon from this generation too? I know you don't like any thing from this series right? Any who, I thought the episode was pretty cool, new Pokemon is a great addtion to Ash's team. The battle between Ash's Pokemon was awesome and I liked how they worked together as a team to save him. I liked how Ash was working so hard here, I hope that continues. Team Rocket had some good scenes but I did feel they were out of place but whatever. Next weeks episode looks great, can't wait for it.

Not really, no. I'm just not a fan of it really. I don't dislike everything, they're just not my cup of tea.

I'm looking forward to wat this guy will do in later episodes. Hopefully, it won't be the fall guy of his current team.

Wow, loved this episode. The reactions of all the other pokemon, especially Miju:crush:, were hilarious.
I thought Tsutaja looked really good, despite her limited screentime.

And Zuruggu is brilliant.:expect:

@Croag i know everyone has their oppinions but i think you'll defrost over time about it, even if partially, but who am i to say so?

I found this episode to be fun.Not that special,but a fun episode nonetheless.Extra points for Dento in pajamas.Also funny was how Zuruggu vs Kibago was so flashy with over-the-top effects,and then you realize is just a battle of two baby pokemon.

"SCRATCH.TO THE X-TREME!"

Last edited:
So Ash finally has a dark type pokemon! So maybe now before Ash leaves, we can see Corphish come back and evolve hopefully? No? Oh well, just a thought...anyways!

This episode was good IMO, that little pokemon chicken little was so funny, and was headbutting everything all over the place getting to know Ash's pokemon and them fighting and stuff...Hilarious!!

Then he was picking on those Spider pokemon (I don't know the names of any of these pokemon at all) and what not...

I love how useful Iris was, when the poor pokemon was injured she got some medicine made for chicken little.

And Ash and Iris finally battled. Nice episode.

Is it still weird for anyone else that Zuruggu is actually Ash's? I wasn't even really on the Iris'll get it boat, but there just seemed to be a lot of compelling evidence, and for so long because of the BW020 pictures, that it's weird that it didn't actually go to her. I'm not saying I'm upset she didn't get it. I think it's just I was kinda thinking to myself for the last few months that she'd get it and not Ash, that it's weird now that she actually doesn't have it.

One thing I found odd was the part where Dent whipped out that device to see whether or not there were any Pokemon Centers around. One, what is it? And two, why in the world was he carrying it around in his pajamas?

One thing I found odd was the part where Dent whipped out that device to see whether or not there were any Pokemon Centers around. One, what is it? And two, why in the world was he carrying it around in his pajamas?

it's just the Town Map ^^

by the way, I got a rather bitter taste of that Zuruggu after it hit Pidove...that's not kind at all! I quite enjoyed Mijumaru losing the plot and Snivy just snobbing the little fella :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Great episode! I'm glad Zuruggu has such a strong personality already. As shown in today's episode, Satoshi's pokemon are all unique and fun. Tsutarja was so funny! I like her even more than before :)

It was cute when they were all wearing pajamas lol.

And the TRio scenes were good, I like to see them interacting with Flint and the scientist guy.

Is it still weird for anyone else that Zuruggu is actually Ash's? I wasn't even really on the Iris'll get it boat, but there just seemed to be a lot of compelling evidence.

There was never any compelling evidence, though. All it was doing in those pictures was standing next to Iris looking at her nonchalantly while she was hit by the Water Gun that Oshawott deflected at her. It was never sitting in her hair, and it wasn't any closer to her than Oshawott was.

I hope this Zuruggu/Axew rivalry develops further.

Let's start! Part 1!

First, Ash is taking a look at his new badge while totally ignoring his egg, as usual.

Kibago is showing an interest in it, though...

Oh! Looks like it's going to hatch! And Kibago is so startled he does backflips!

Ash, is it really okay for you to hold that egg up like that?

Oh, nice music while everyone is sitting around the egg.

Kibago is gonna have a baby brother or sister in a few moments!

... or not, if that egg breaks.

Oh no! It's flying toward that rock that is sticking randomly out of the earth! Seriously, I've never seen rocks like that in fields I've been to.

And Pikachu saves it with an expert Quick Attack! Bra-vo!

The egg hatches into a suprisingly cute little Zugguru! Aww!

And it looks evem more adorable trying to pull up its pants! AWWWWWWW!

And that Leer attack is just plain freaky. Looks like this one has an attitude problem.

Yes, Ash. Let's force the baby Pokemon who isn't even 5 minutes old into battle with your most experienced Pokemon. Of course it's going to go along with that- Oh, it really does want to go along with that.

Pikachu learning that it has to battle a baby with attitude for the win.

Zugguru meets the other Pokemon on Ash's team.

-Mamepato: Poor bird makes the mistake of patting pantslizard on the head. Delayed reaction to headbutt is awesome.

-Mijumaru next. And HOW! Looks like Mijumaru doesn't take kindly to rude babies! Pika and Pokabu try to drag Miju away, but Miju wants REVENGE! 1 vs. 3 Battle START!

Mijumaru goes in for a Tackle, but Zugguru counters with a Headbutt, knocking off Miju's shell! Miju takes the shell back and whacks Zugguru with it before going for a good ol' Water Gun! Zugguru shields with his pants, and is knocked back toward the mild-mannered Pokabu.

Zugguru hits Pokabu with Headbutt, but Pokabu barely feels it. A dazed Zugguru wanders toward the legendary kunoichi, Tsutarja!

Kunoichi Tsutarja deftly avoids Zugguru's clumsy first attack, and stops the second attack cold with her eyes closed!

Part 2 will come in a few hours.

Anyone think the events that happened just before the egg hatched might have a relation to Scraggy's (*shudders*) behavior, or play a future role? I mean, the egg nearly smashed. It bears some resemblance to Larvitar's situation.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom