• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW077 Flaming Memories! Tepig VS Emboar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Move over Edmond and Conway, we have a new creep, but this time, he looks like he's been banging 7 gram rocks.

No wonder he did that to Tepig, he has problems. Now I'm happier that Tepig will be winning, but does he have to evolve? It might just reinforce the fact that Tepig is weak as he is?

Move over Edmond and Conway, we have a new creep, but this time, he looks like he's been banging 7 gram rocks.

No wonder he did that to Tepig, he has problems. Now I'm happier that Tepig will be winning, but does he have to evolve? It might just reinforce the fact that Tepig is weak as he is?
But when you put it that way, it is depressing. : P

The way I saw it, Tepig's evolution is him showing that, under Ash's care, he's grown as a Pokemon and become much stronger, and evolution is just a manifestation of his growth. Sort of like how Chimchar evolved into Monferno.

looks like a decent fight! there seems like 3 good eps are coming up till we get the whole Iris focus.

Heatmor and Emboar look pretty powerful and it's bit LoL that a lower level starter and and a disadvantage starter! I wouldn't matter any other Poke! Unefezant would be oKay any other Poke than Snivy! Cause this is truly a push-over!

It would even be okay if Suwama's pokes are weaker but Heatmor and Emboar! COME ONE!

But when you put it that way, it is depressing. : P

The way I saw it, Tepig's evolution is him showing that, under Ash's care, he's grown as a Pokemon and become much stronger, and evolution is just a manifestation of his growth. Sort of like how Chimchar evolved into Monferno.

Yep, I thought so when I was typing it. :p

I guess, but Tepig beating Emboar or at least doing a lot of damage and defeating Heatmor could be a better way to show how stronger he has gotten too.

Suwama is a fucking creep. He also looks like he's high.

attachment.php

He's gonna get you!

Yep, like I said before Best Wishes is full of nothing but Raep Faces.

Damn this guy is an utter @sshole, the way he treated Tepig was just deplorable, and whats up with his eyes? Though, to be honest I think I'd rather have a nutjob crazy rival like this than Trip. At least it would be emotional, and due to him being crazy he'd be different enough from Paul to pull it off.

As much as I like Snivy, I wonder why is she in a match with two Fire types, but whatever, nobody pays attention to typings anymore. Hopefully she may help at least with the moving on process from yet another abusive trainer of a fire starter.

As much as I like Snivy, I wonder why is she in a match with two Fire types, but whatever, nobody pays attention to typings anymore. Hopefully she may help at least with the moving on process from yet another abusive trainer of a fire starter.

Pretty sure the summary mentions Snivy steps up to help Tepig. Ash certainly wouldn't go against one Pokemon helping the other, no matter how the odds stack up.

ASH YOU WILL NEVER GONNA EVER BECOME A POKEMON MASTER !!!!

using snivy and Tepig against Emboar and Heatmore !!!! who taught you battling !!!!

I'm glad that he's throwing Pokabu at Satoshi so he can catch it. Imagine if he was actually throwing Pokabu at the ground.

Ouch. I'm reluctant to even imagine.

.................................................now I understand why the anime become the way it is.

Also the summary clearly states it was Tsutarja's choice to battle alongside Pokabu.

Also the summary clearly states it was Tsutarja's choice to battle alongside Pokabu.

Which is much better than choosing a Pokemon with type advantage.

This is why I love Snivy, she cares about her fellow Pokemon.

Ash caught Snivy by saying no to a Pokemon that wanted to battle in favour of one with better typing - he can do it, and it's not giving Tepig the best chance in battle to do so.

I do get the reason why Snivy would step in, indeed Snivy's backstory is supposedly it leaving an undeserving trainer, so backing Tepig up against a trainer Snivy wouldn't like makes a lot of sense story wise.

But from there there's two outcomes that can occur, Tepig/Snivy team up for another generic come from behind against the odds to prove a moral point; or they lose, partly because Ash chose to put the odds against himself considerably.

Neither way actually gives a reasonable outcome, if Tepig is going to lose, he should do so with a fighting chance; if he's going to win, it should be believable.

Though the Tepig crying/cowering scenes in the preview make me think the battle won't be more than a minute or so of the episode - have Ash actually stop a battle and walk away for once to stop Tepig getting scarred - show Tepig that Ash cares about him unlike the COTD did.

I'm glad that he's throwing Pokabu at Satoshi so he can catch it. Imagine if he was actually throwing Pokabu at the ground.

Man, I don't want this weak fire type
I THREW IT ON THE GROUND
I'M NOT A PART OF THIS SYSTEM

Poor Pokabu, ugh. The preview broke my heart seeing him crying like that ;____;

Whoa, Heatmor looks boss, especially his spinning Fire Blast maneuver.

(Even Paul wasn't this harsh)

Poor Tepig, that scene really touched me. I'm glad he has a trainer like Ash, will evolve and even learns a new move.

And to be honest, I like the design of Suwama and the way he acts in the preview. Not the Tepig throwing scene, but rather these "crazy" faces of him.

I kind of wonder tho, where did he get an Emboar? Did he get a new one from Juniper or did he caught a Tepig/Pignite/Emboar in the wild?

Last edited:
Can we just ditch Trip for this guy? An actual "crazy" rival would be interesting.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the summary mentions Snivy steps up to help Tepig. Ash certainly wouldn't go against one Pokemon helping the other, no matter how the odds stack up.

Alright, thats actually what I kinda figured. Pretty nice of Snivy to do that despite the disadvantage, and probably will be played up emotionally that way since she is risking her own health for a teammate. Shes good for showing Tepig/Pignite that he doesn't need Mr. Nutjob's approval anymore, and he can do much better.

In a more fleshed out series Snivy would likely be the mother of the group. Still wish that this doesn't end with Mr. Nutjob randomly becoming "good" after being defeated. Going off the scan a few pages back that almost seems to be the case, but I would like it more if he were a recurring crazy rival that does what he does because he wants to.

I think this may be the first Pokemon character who appears to be on drugs. His face looks stoned and I never say things like that.

Wow. It's characters like this Suwama that would really drive home N's point about Pokemon being used/neglected/abused by humans. It's...kind of scary.

I'm guessing he uses Heatmor as a bong.

But in the end, at least judging by the comic, it looks like he drops the sadistic look considering he's got a comical sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom