• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Confirmed Information Thread

The disadvantages I can of about pre-evolution stone is that Pokemon can't use choice items or leftovers and such, and said Pokemon (with exceptions) miss the higher power the evolutions posses. But hey, nothing is perfect.

The disadvantages I can of about pre-evolution stone is that Pokemon can't use choice items or leftovers and such, and said Pokemon (with exceptions) miss the higher power the evolutions posses. But hey, nothing is perfect.

I hate Choice Items. Being locked into a single move is a disadvantage in my eyes (but I sure hate being on the recieving end of one of those boosted hits -_-). No hold item in general is a setback but not too many pre evolved Pokemon will be able to utilise the item to actually take part in the metagame, but it'll be decent enough in game, battle subway etc

EDIT: Graveler ends up with over 170 defense and Onix gets 240 o_O

Last edited:
A lot of mid-stage Pokemon (particularly defensive Pokemon and mid-stage ubers) just became somewhat competitively viable.

If only you could give both this stone and a Light Ball to Pikachu, though. : P

A lot of mid-stage Pokemon (particularly defensive Pokemon and mid-stage ubers) just became somewhat competitively viable.

If only you could give both this stone and a Light Ball to Pikachu, though. : P
The thing is though, the boost is only about x1.3 for mid-range Pokemon versus 1.5 for first stage Pokemon, so the recovery from Leftovers still overshadow it on some cases.

At least now we can say Happiny is the worst thing to have happened to Chansey since Chansey was able to take SAtk hits better than Blissey if the boost was 1.5.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79536

EDIT: nvm apparently its all of them

Last edited:
I just noticed something. In my copy of black I caught a shikijika in spring, and today it turned to summer, so I took my shikijika out of the pc, battled with it and even evolved it, and it didnt change to summer form. So I went to catch another shikijika, and it was in summer form. I guess you cant change the form of shikijika itself, but wild ones will be different from season to season, so a spring shikijika caught, will still be a spring shikijika in winter. I dont know if everybody knew this, but im just putting it out there.

I just noticed something. In my copy of black I caught a shikijika in spring, and today it turned to summer, so I took my shikijika out of the pc, battled with it and even evolved it, and it didnt change to summer form. So I went to catch another shikijika, and it was in summer form. I guess you cant change the form of shikijika itself, but wild ones will be different from season to season, so a spring shikijika caught, will still be a spring shikijika in winter. I dont know if everybody knew this, but im just putting it out there.
That just makes no sense D:

I caught my shikijika in spring and it changed to summer form when summer hit. I don't know why yours hasn't changed.

Mine changed from a pink to a green one in my team.

Maybe it has something to do with that PC. Mine was never in the PC when it changed. Practically it was pink in my team until the game said summer then when I looked at it, it was green.

So practically my one that I own changed just fine.

I've noticed there's been games where they changed and other games where they didn't change and I'm starting to suspect the PC causing it. Anyone who hasn't had their's change maybe you should try having the spring form in your team, save then turn the game off with it in your team. Then turn the game on and see if it's changed or not.

If it hasn't changed then I don't know. Maybe a glitch because my spring form changed without a problem. I never put it in the PC the whole time I owned it.

Last edited:
Well, it seems to be just a glitch, albeit just an aesthetic one.

Well, it seems to be just a glitch, albeit just an aesthetic one.
Hopefully Game Freak will be as proactive about this as they were with all the other glitches in DP.

I doubt it since this is probably something no one is going to be mentioning that much.

Re: Miracle Shooter

Has anybody played the battles with Miracle Shooter. If you do, then how's the experience?

It can really turn a game around since you can use max revives and whatnot.

Re: Miracle Shooter

It can really turn a game around since you can use max revives and whatnot.

I meant, in a competitive environment. I also want to hear about experiences, not predictions. So, if you or anybody had tried Miracle Shooter, please tell what's it like.

I have no doubt this information is very old and probably just important aesthetic-wise, but I really like how your Pokemon actually close their eyes when they go into sleep-status, and turn red/blue when burned or frozen (don't know about paralysis/poison). It adds a little bit more to the realistic (hah) aspect of Pokemon.

On the Shikijika glitch, that sounds really strange. In my mind, Shikijika had maybe went into hibernation when inside the PC and when it came out, the change was so drastic that it didn't undergo the seasonal change. But, that would be too complicated and overall inconvenient if GameFreak were to actually put that in. So yeah, hope for Pokemon Gray I guess.

Going to go find out more about the PokeShifter.

I have no doubt this information is very old and probably just important aesthetic-wise, but I really like how your Pokemon actually close their eyes when they go into sleep-status, and turn red/blue when burned or frozen (don't know about paralysis/poison). It adds a little bit more to the realistic (hah) aspect of Pokemon.

On the Shikijika glitch, that sounds really strange. In my mind, Shikijika had maybe went into hibernation when inside the PC and when it came out, the change was so drastic that it didn't undergo the seasonal change. But, that would be too complicated and overall inconvenient if GameFreak were to actually put that in. So yeah, hope for Pokemon Gray I guess.

Going to go find out more about the PokeShifter.
Game Freak should be able to fix it on future editions of BW and the international release.

That is, if they actually hear about it, but considering that its not something like a cloning or walk-through-walls glitch that had whole forums talking, I doubt it, especially when some people might accept that Shikijaka doesn't change forms.

Perhaps it only changes in the beginning of the month in the party which was an oversight and the deer will change form still.

As long as the Pokemon is holding it, its Defense and Special Defense are multiplied by 1.5. Only works, obviously, if the holder isn't fully evolved.

I'm excited about this item, too! My Wynaut is going to love this!

With a mustache!
Porygon2 is going to have a sexy party right now.

Porygon 2 may become BL or OU.
Also, I like how when you fight the fighting trio, \ the screen goes black, then a green sword thingy cuts the screen, then it shatters, then the battle begins.

Porygon2 is going to have a sexy party right now.
A lot of things will, apparently Rhydon is more defensive than Rhyperior with this, and Scyther gets better defense than Scizor, minus the resistances, but it definitely puts it back in the game, and Chansey takes better SAtk hits than Blissey D:

Of course, the pre-evo stone only sucks for FE Pokemon that can't do anything but defend.

I think I needed to ask this again, just in case nobody read it yet:

Had anybody played with Miracle Shooter? If you do, how's the battles feel?

Guys, re: the Prevo Stone. If the pokémon has already evolved (eg Rhydon, Porygon2, Chansey) they only get 1.3 boost, not the 1.5 boost that things that never evolved get.

Guys, re: the Prevo Stone. If the pokémon has already evolved (eg Rhydon, Porygon2, Chansey) they only get 1.3 boost, not the 1.5 boost that things that never evolved get.
I saw that early on in Smogon's thread on the item, but saw subsequent posts saying that their Research thread confirmed x1.5 for everything...

...having it x1.3 makes sense, though that goes back to my original point that Happiny is the worst thing to ever happen to Chansey.

Porygon2 isn't as viable as Leftovers does about the same amount of damage control, though Scyther gets the nice x1.5 boost.

Back
Top Bottom