• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contestshipping Discussion Thread

*resists urge to say Teardrops on My Guitar*

*hates that song even though it has the name Drew in it*

I don't have a specific song that I think would fit Contestshipping, though...I'm not very good at this. XD But basically any song I like, I use it to fit my favorite ships...so yeah... 8D

Contestshipping rocks? :D

Is there a song that you think fits this ship?
Contestshipping...is a really hard pairing to come up with songs for.

Best I can think of is "Accidentally in Love".

My favorite episode has to be the ones with Harley in them.
I just love how Harley teases them and stuff, funnyXD

^ Those moments are the best. <3 Hey, if Harley thinks it's true, then you know it is, because Harley = beast. :3

I loved whenever he teased them about being a couple though, it was so cute. <3

I need to go watch those episodes again; I can barely remember any shippy moments between the two! :(

I have a topic which I am most interested to find everyone's opinion on:

If Norman found out that Drew was dating May, how would he react?

I read this hilarious fanfic' where Norman was an overprotective father who wanted to keep his daughter as his 'little girl'. And so, he got his Slaking to chase after poor Drew. XD

I have this scene in my mind of Drew and May at an amusement park, and Norman is cleverly stalking them on every ride and keeps having his Pokemon cause a huge ruckus every time the couple gets too cuddly. .-.

In any case, I too think Norman would be very overprotective of her. xD

Aha, a good question. Well, if he's anything like Norman in Pokemon Special, he would probably be quite annoyed :p
But anyway, I can easily picture Norman as the over-protective type who would see all males as dangerous and threatening. He'd probably take a while to warm up to the idea (Caroline would of course help with this :p).
Actually, I can also imagine him enjoying tormenting his potential son in law.
Ooh, maybe he would have a Pokemon battle with him to see if Drew is worthy of going out with his daughter! :p

I need to go watch those episodes again; I can barely remember any shippy moments between the two! :(

I have a topic which I am most interested to find everyone's opinion on:

I read this hilarious fanfic' where Norman was an overprotective father who wanted to keep his daughter as his 'little girl'. And so, he got his Slaking to chase after poor Drew. XD

That's indeed quite funny. But I think the scenario where he wants Drew to prove him worthy before he will give them permission to go steady seems more probable. And May will be a little embarassed about her father acting this way.

I do love the scenario where Norman goes all psycho crazy on Drew due to being too overprotective of May, but realistically speaking, I think he'd like Drew a lot. He and Drew never met, correct? So people have no real reason to assume that he wouldn't approve of Drew at first, however funny it would be. But Caroline totally thinks May and Drew are together already, and she must have told Norman when she got home after the Hoenn GF, so I think Norman would be happy for May and Drew being together.

He might be Happy!!
and I think accepting Drew in May's family,I like the idea of it,
specially if May likes Drew and tell how she really feels to it on Norman too^^

I do think Norman would accept Drew.
Didn't May's mom tease May about Drew and the moonlight walk?
It was like she was ok with Drew as May's boyfriend.
I can only imagine the father would be fine.
He'd probaly have a man to man talk with Drew first though.
What father wouldn't want to know if they can trust there daughters boyfriend or not?

Didn't May's mom tease May about Drew and the moonlight walk?

yeah!now that's a hint^^..
I agreed,May's parents would actually accept and liked Drew,..
I even think that Max would accept if may and Drew will get together.

I think Max would support his sister and Drew too. It seems like his respect for Drew increased alongside his sister's throughout the series. Like May initially didn't like Drew's attitude and neither did Max. And then later, as May became a better coordinator and started appreciating and respecting Drew's talents, so did Max. Max has definitely seen enough of Drew to know that he's perfect for May. :b

Also, IIRC, there was a scene (I don't remember the episode of the top of my head >_>) where Ash was trying to talk to May and she completely ignored him and went to check on Drew instead... and Max said something like, "I don't think she heard you, Ash" and had this kind of knowing look on his face. ;)

I think Max would support his sister and Drew too. It seems like his respect for Drew increased alongside his sister's throughout the series. Like May initially didn't like Drew's attitude and neither did Max. And then later, as May became a better coordinator and started appreciating and respecting Drew's talents, so did Max. Max has definitely seen enough of Drew to know that he's perfect for May. :b

Also, IIRC, there was a scene (I don't remember the episode of the top of my head >_>) where Ash was trying to talk to May and she completely ignored him and went to check on Drew instead... and Max said something like, "I don't think she heard you, Ash" and had this kind of knowing look on his face. ;)

I prefer to believe he hasn't completely accepted Shuu.Since Masato pulling a "I will protect my litl-eeh,big sister!" attitude is cute.I already portrayed him like that in my doujin and I am too lazy to change it for the sake of On-character-ness!

Oooh,you mean THAT scene ;D

I prefer to believe he hasn't completely accepted Shuu.Since Masato pulling a "I will protect my litl-eeh,big sister!" attitude is cute.I already portrayed him like that in my doujin and I am too lazy to change it for the sake of On-character-ness!
lol You're right, that would be super cute. :)

Oooh,you mean THAT scene ;D
Yessss, that's the one. :D That's totally one of my faves.

YESSS <333 That was one of the cutest scenes EVER.

I don't remember it word for word, but it was something like

May: It's Drew...
Ash: Yeah, we got into a pretty tough spot back there but thanks to Drew we--
*May doesn't wait for Ash to finish talking and runs over to Drew in the middle of his sentence :p*
Max (smirking): I don't think she heard ya, Ash.

That was from the episode Going for Choke, I believe. <3 OMG, just too adorable. <333

I honestly have no idea. Silly Lawnmowergirl missed a lot of episodes.

But anyway, I think...I dunno. I think Norman would probably be happier if she was dating a regular trainer rather than a Coordinator, and May would defend Drew's viability as a good boyfriend. And Norman would eventually accept Drew.

Or something.

I do love the scenario where Norman goes all psycho crazy on Drew due to being too overprotective of May, but realistically speaking, I think he'd like Drew a lot. He and Drew never met, correct? So people have no real reason to assume that he wouldn't approve of Drew at first, however funny it would be. But Caroline totally thinks May and Drew are together already, and she must have told Norman when she got home after the Hoenn GF, so I think Norman would be happy for May and Drew being together.

See, I don't think Norman would disapprove of Drew, but I could see him being protective of May and not much liking the idea of a boyfriend. Plus, I like my battle idea :p

Ooh, I like that idea! The way I see it, Max originally thought Drew was a bit of a jerk, but started to change his opinion (like May did). I can still see him trying to be a "protective brother" though. Mind, I can also imagine him teasing May mercilessly about Drew.
Still, he seemed to see what was going on between them. :p

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom