• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa Leaked? (RUMOR)

Vivillon has secret forms? That's news to me.

Anyway, I think Hoopa and Volcanion will get their own movies in the coming years, we probably won't see them for a while.

Keldeo and Meloetta didn't share a movie.
Meloetta starred in the accompanying short and was the main distribution of the movie. There will probably be a short next year and Hoopa could easily be featured in it.
Ah, haven't seen the short. That explains it. However gen 5 seems like an outlier to me, as it had 4 event 'mons rather than 2 or 3.

However gen 5 seems like an outlier to me, as it had 4 event 'mons rather than 2 or 3.
The thing is that the Strange Souvenir hints at another Pokémon being introduced in this generation, which is possible due to DLC. There could be a fourth event Pokémon, so it wouldn't surprise me if both Hoopa and Volcanion were distributed next year.

However gen 5 seems like an outlier to me, as it had 4 event 'mons rather than 2 or 3.
The thing is that the Strange Souvenir hints at another Pokémon being introduced in this generation, which is possible due to DLC. There could be a fourth event Pokémon, so it wouldn't surprise me if both Hoopa and Volcanion were distributed next year.
I doubt they'd do dlc, as GF said they don't like making unfinished games. Not to mention, why would they leave 3 in and a 4th out?

I doubt they'd do dlc, as GF said they don't like making unfinished games. Not to mention, why would they leave 3 in and a 4th out?
They'd use DLC to update XY with data added in new games. They obviously had no problem leaving out the Formes from the previous initial versions, so the only difference is that this time they can actually maintain compatibility rather than opting for awkward solutions as in the past. They should be able to introduce new Mega Evolutions and species.

This is the only reason I can see for the Strange Souvenir and the references to an unknown region. Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion are Kalos Pokémon, so they're already in XY's data.

I still think the fact that they left unreleased Pokemon and Megas in the game means there's not going to be much DLC, if any. Updating the game to match the usual additional forms, maybe, but not more.

The fact that the patches we've gotten so far go on the SD card and can be deleted make it seem even less likely- what if you get a DLC-only Pokemon or item and then delete the patch that lets the game recognise it? That might just apply to unplanned patches, though. How do other 3DS games with DLC handle this?

The fact that the patches we've gotten so far go on the SD card and can be deleted make it seem even less likely- what if you get a DLC-only Pokemon or item and then delete the patch that lets the game recognise it? That might just apply to unplanned patches, though. How do other 3DS games with DLC handle this?
I know that Fire Emblem's DLC expansions can be deleted, and the more obvious problem is that the cartridge can simply be used on a different system. The game tells you that you can't play through the DLC story chapters until you re-download the data, but I don't know what exactly happens to the DLC characters that can be used outside those chapters. Not being familiar with the series, I'm guessing that recruitable characters are expendable, which isn't the case for Pokémon.

Theoretically, Game Freak could make a patch be tied to the save file, but let's assume that XY weren't developed to accommodate this possibility. As I said before, any DLC expansion would only serve to make XY compatible with new games. Trade compatibility is not essential for every single Pokémon (it is in Game Freak's interest to keep certain content exclusive to new releases), but battle compatibility is. If Game Freak were to introduce new Mega Evolutions and/or species, they would be untradable to XY but at least a DLC patch would allow them to be displayed correctly in battles. Many people expect to see new Mega Evolutions rather than alternate forms, and it would be incredibly awkward if those Mega Evolutions used the original models in XY; at least the added alternate forms didn't transform during battles. Speaking of which, Pirouette Form was probably only included in Black and White due to the fact that its transformation occurs in battle, much like Mega Evolution.

Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion are event Pokémon meant to be downloaded to XY, so their existence in the data makes sense and doesn't indicate anything about potential compatibility patches. Likewise, we can surmise that Eternal Floette and the Mega Eon duo are also event Pokémon intended for XY as opposed to future games.

Last edited:
If they are going to introduce more Pokémon via DLC/patches, I hope it is only one and not 30~50 like some people are expecting. The best (and arguably one of the few) good things about Generation VI and XY was the fewer amount of Pokémon we got, so I hope Game Freak doesn't screw this up. Also, I am not entirely sure if this Strange Souvenir thing is really hinting at something new for this generation. They could as well have put it into the game to somehow link Kalos with the Generation VII games.

The best (and arguably one of the few) good things about Generation VI and XY was the fewer amount of Pokémon we got, so I hope Game Freak doesn't screw this up.

I don't have a problem with the relatively low number of new Pokémon, and I appreciate the focus on old Pokémon (albeit not the way it's being done). But I think it's sad to treat the absence of something as one of XY's few highlights.

Also, I am not entirely sure if this Strange Souvenir thing is really hinting at something new for this generation. They could as well have put it into the game to somehow link Kalos with the Generation VII games.
It is not just the Strange Souvenir, but the references that are associated with it. Why would Game Freak have an NPC say "Kalos is cool and all, but you should really check out my home region" and "you'll see it in due time" if said region weren't part of this generation? The idea that they would distract us from the current generation upon its release is fairly dumbounding. We even know that said region has a special facility, which is probably akin to the Battle Frontier and World Tournament, in which case we should see it within this generation.

Last edited:
I have a theory regarding Diancie.

Basically it says in the Pokedex that Diancie is a mutation of Carbink. As seen across various media, mutations/mutants are often caused by radiation.
Radiation comes from radioactive material often used for things like Nuclear power generation.

France, the region Kalos is based off, is known for having a strong reliance on Nuclear power, and one of the most amounts of nuclear power plants per geogrpahic area. It's just something they're known for, as well as being an official nuclear power.

Nuclear power in France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nuclear power is the primary source of energy in France. In 2004, nuclear energy made up the largest share of France's energy consumption at 39%.Looking purely at electricity though, 407 TWh out of the country's total production of 541 TWh of electricity was from nuclear power (75%), the highest percentage in the world.

Now we have the Kalos power plant which could be a reference to Frances love of nuclear power stations, so what if they release a card key which opens one of the gates to the nuclear plant and if you take Carbink there the radiation will cause it to mutate into Diancie.

Because its a mutation its a different species and not a simple evolution hence why breeding won't work.

Afterwards someone could probably come along and tell you to get out of the power plant as its too dangerous etc and take your key, preventing you from getting more than one Diancie.

I also think genetic mutation fits in with this generation as a whole, the X Y chromosome reference, as well as throwbacks to gen 1's genetic mutation ie Mewtwo.

Hoopa:
80/110/60/150/130/70
Ability: Magician

Volcanion:
80/110/120/130/90/70
Ability: Water Absorb

Stats and abilities from people who are doing the hacking or whatever it is (apparently).

Hoopa is disappointing if true: no Prankster and (somehow) same base Speed as Volcanion, a giant walking steam machine... It's pretty slow and has a horrible defensive typing in a generation where Dark is a really good offensive type. Shame.

Volcanion will be good though.

Hoopa:
80/110/60/150/130/70
Ability: Magician

Volcanion:
80/110/120/130/90/70
Ability: Water Absorb

Stats and abilities from people who are doing the hacking or whatever it is (apparently).

Hoopa is disappointing if true: no Prankster and (somehow) same base Speed as Volcanion, a giant walking steam machine... It's pretty slow and has a horrible defensive typing in a generation where Dark is a really good offensive type. Shame.

Volcanion will be good though.

Are you able to give a source, thought for sure Hoopa was this gens Mew, seem to recall another source indicating it did indeed have 600 BST 100/100/100/100/100/100

Volcanion seems to be the only decent event legendary this time around. Having an ability that essentially turns a neutrality into an immunity and gives you a reliable form of recovery is no joke.

Unlike its brethren, it also has a good signature move; a more accurate Hydro Pump combined with Scald's 30% burn chance was a godsend.

Volcanion seems like it was made for Assault Vest. It already has great Physical Defense, and its mediocre Special Defense can be boosted even higher with it. The best part is that Volcanion has Explosion if it is on the verge of death, and Rotom-W (its most obvious counter thus far) doesn't resist it.

Are you able to give a source, thought for sure Hoopa was this gens Mew, seem to recall another source indicating it did indeed have 600 BST 100/100/100/100/100/100

That source was proven to be a fake. It didn't support Smealum's information (the gamer who revealed the event legendaries).

Smealum did release a photo of Hoopa's base stats a few months after:
exXzpkn.jpg

If Hoopa did indeed have 100 base stats across the board, it wouldn't have a 315 total Special Attack at Level 100. A pokemon with base 100 Special Attack would have 299 Special Attack at Level 100 (neutral nature, 252+ EVs). This Hoopa was not EV trained and was caught at Level 100.

Similarly, its other neutral stats are nowhere close to being equal to each other. It shows that Hoopa has high special stats, good Attack (230 even with an Attack-lowering nature is higher than its 155 Defense or 157 Speed), and low HP, Defenses and Speed.

Last edited:
Hoopa is going to be really difficult to use, with a Defence like that weak Pursuits are going to KO it even if it doesn't switch. Trick Room looks like it might be the way to go for it, but even then that Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch weakness will come back to haunt it.

I hate Volcanion already, I can just see this thing being the next Heatran. Ugly, annoying to beat and on everyone and their mother's teams.

Hoopa is going to be really difficult to use, with a Defence like that weak Pursuits are going to KO it even if it doesn't switch. Trick Room looks like it might be the way to go for it, but even then that Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch weakness will come back to haunt it.

I hate Volcanion already, I can just see this thing being the next Heatran. Ugly, annoying to beat and on everyone and their mother's teams.

Don't ratings battles usually prohibit "special" pokemon like Volcanion?

Also, Shiny Volcanion looks great, and it once again makes me yearn for shiny event legend releases.

Hyperspace Hole hits through Protect/Detect, that's pretty cool.

Shame Hoopa isn't threatening enough for his opponents to use Protect/Detect

Apparently all the specials have been removed from Datel Powersaves which pretty much makes Datel Powersaves irrelevant.
Sadly it looks like Game Freak/Nintendo have finally corralled anyone interested in leaking stuff to the fans early.
Even Smealum has been content with teasing everyone about the legendaries without actually helping us to get them.

Back
Top Bottom