• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP140: Naty, Natio... Mysterious Forest!

Re: DP 140 "Naty, Natio… Mysterious Forest!" Preview Thread

So if Natu shows us the trainers beginnings to their journeys, will we see Brocks? I cant say we have ever seen the begining of his journey, he just kinda started as a Gymleader.

Did Brock really have a beginning? His father gave him an Onix and told him to take care of the gym. Of course we could and are expected to see Brock run away from "giant" Croagunk.
And what about TR?
I doubt we'll experience Barry's "beginning." It's probably Barry being chased around by GIANT pokemon while Heracross is eating tree sap.

So have I ever mentioned how much I love Jun?

Just watching the preview sent this FANGIRL TINGLE up my spine and a FANGIRL SCREAM up my throat.

If I see chibi!Jun I will FANGIRL SQUEAL.

Also if the anime plays out the father-son relationship like how I want it to, I. Will. DIE.

I hope this doesn't people won't stop complaining if he's gone for a long time

I am sad there using Dawn/Pipulp like what happend between Ash/Pikachu that's so annoying. Jun being back is the only thing saving the episode, I feel like throwing some thing at the screen for them doing that >>

The new promo was filled with basically entirely new footage.

DP140preview_1.jpg

DP140preview_3.jpg

After literally running into Jun at the festival, Satoshi and Jun decide to go and battle.

DP140preview_8.jpg

DP140preview_9.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/DP140preview_11.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/DP140preview_12.jpg

During the battle, Jun spots a Natio flying overhead. Before Hikari has a chance to close her Pokemon Zukan, Jun is off after it. Smiling all the way while Satoshi and Hikari look worried.

DP140preview_4.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/DP140preview_5.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/DP140preview_6.jpg

They then run into this clown. (He looks like a game character, but I have no clue who.) Who shows/leads them to some tent with the Natio sitting on top of it.

DP140preview_7.jpg

And I think we all know what happens once they go in.

No Takeshi or Rocket-Dan in this promo either.

They then run into this clown. (He looks like a game character, but I have no clue who.)

Yes it's based off the clown trainer class in DPP

Brock probably had to go off to run some erons and Team Rocket might get another backstory or just have them flying around on there balloon

What they should be doing is going to a Contest so Musashi can get her third ribbon.

What they should be doing is going to a Contest so Musashi can get her third ribbon.
Hear hear!

Looks good :p Can't wait to see Jun's antics!

Last edited:

Meowth doing contest trainer seems strange, but maybe he'll learn a new move (shot)

He did say he was working on Night Slash. Is it too much to hope the writers remember that and mastering it wins Musashi the ribbon?

They'll probably just continue their little side plot at the festival with that guy who hired them to do whatever.

There's a 0% chance of a ribbon tomorrow :/ Which is a shame, since they won't be doing anything better.

Wow meowth with night slash that'll be interesting except for the fact meowth doesn't learn it until level 49

Jesse might win a ribbon or meowth just might make a fail

Last edited:

There's a 0% chance of a ribbon tomorrow :/ Which is a shame, since they won't be doing anything better.

I agree- really wanted Jessie to win her third ribbon. She's probably doing errands for that boss guy we have seen for the past 2 episodes.

30 seconds into the episode (which the only one all summer I've ever gotten off my lazy ass to wake up and watch) and already there's "NANDAIYO NANDAIYO NANDATTENDAIYO?!"

This episode is gonna be awesome `-` <3

Episodes commentary 8U:
- Ayako knows Kurotsugu, but of course Jun doesn't know who Ayako is.. when it's clear Ayako is Hikari's mother @_@ "Muzukashi na tomodachi..." Well, Jun doesn't have a mom and Hikari doesn't have a dad so brb speculation. They're long lost brother and sister, or... Kuro and Aya were lovers! 8U
- "BATTLE BATTLE BATTLE"
- Jun wants Hikari to watch the battle brb twinleafshipping (except not really)
- ...well that was fast. I swear to god Jun has the worst ADD EVER. HERACRO- LOOK A NATIO OMG
- So I suppose this is a Futaba kids + Satoshi episode, bye Takeshi. xd
- Apparently Jun dreams about circuses. LMAO HE WOULD.
- ...that clown was freaky
- Why are Skorupi so cute? They're even cute when they're gigantic and Satoshi is in wonderland.
- WOW HE EVEN JUMPED INTO A HO-
- ok nvm maybe this isn't like satoshi in wonderland
- Pokeballs don't work.
- The only one enjoying this is Jun. Figures. Wait, nvm. "HERACROSS?!"
- Oh hello Takeshi. Same employer as Rocket Dan, then? Lol running festival stand.
- Oh hello Rocket Dan. I hope interesting things happen to you in this episode.
- Pokemon goldfishing! Definitely a festival event.
- That guy at the Rocket Dan booth looks rather badass.
- AWW THAT HAT ON JUN IS BRILLIANT. And flashback to how he caught Heracross
- Look random honey/tree sap. WUT.
- ...Jun just realized he's smaller than normal. "I DEMAND COMPENSATION x 2937427"
- Pikachu: Piiikaa? Translation: WTF?
- commercials xd

- Satochu are being chased by a flock of a very nostalgic Pokemon.
- Hey Hikari too 8U POKEMON THROWBACK. How nice. :3
- Potchama sounds different than usual. Maybe it's because he's bigger in perspective.
- Goldfishing reminds me too negatively of SHnY 8.
- CHIBI KOJIRO. YAY (even when it was for two seconds)
- Kojiro versus goldfishing dude.
- ...That was a quick rivalry although Kojiro looks quite silly in that outfit @_@
- So dramatic.
- Satoshi, you are not John Wayne. Don't squeal like a cowboy.
- GO KOJIRO @_@
- MASSIVE COLLISION WOOHOO
- Naty!
- FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU- my keyhole is freaking out.
- Jun's got a plan 8D
- Random turning back to normal.
- LOOK A NATIO
- ...FGKSDFGK KUROTSUGU <3
- "DADDY?!" Oh Jun YOU WOULD. Brb fangirlsquealing over favorite character
- Kurotsugu looks so sexy T_T
- Well that explains the bizarre Naty Natio thing. ...Or not. I suppose it's okay sometimes that this anime has twisted logic when there's more Jun

- Cue really rushed commercials for a rather rushed episode ending.

WHEN WILL THEY STOP WITH GIZAGENKI PICHU
-o-

Last edited:

Hmm this looks like a pretty good episode

:
Wait Ho-oh is in this episode!?
Come on writers there's a difference to making a homage and just plain being lazy I thought it would always be in Kanto even when Ash saw it fly towards Hoenn

This episode was a bit hilarious to watch, especially with Jun on board. What was really funny was Kojiro and the other guy competing in Goldeen scooping. We also got to see Kurotsugu to lead us into the next episode. The animation was a bit sketchy in parts of the episode. Overall, I'd give this an 8.4/10.

Last edited:
Don't remember seeing Ho-Oh o_o
It definitely wasn't there, although throwbacks to Satoshi's and Hikari's opening episodes were made.

New episode:
- Hayshigame versus Dosidon

-Episode starts with everyone walking through the festival, and Satoshi shortly bumps into Jun
-Ayako and Takeshi go off to help with the festival
-Ayako mentions that she's old friends with Jun's father, but Jun doesn't recognize her
-And Jun and Satoshi run off to battle. Hera vs Pika, but shortly gets interrupted by Jun running after Natio flying overhead
-They find it pirched on a tent with that Clown guy. They go to enter it and find themselves separated and tiny.
-They basically replay the events of them meeting their pokemon. Jun finds the tree he caught hera at, Satoshi replays the events with Pika and the Onisuzume, and Hikari with Potchama and Ariados
-Rocket working at Tosakinto scooping event, drawing all the customers leaving none for Takeshi
-Kojirou, #1 Tosakinto scooper in Sinnoh
-Satoshi, Jun, Hikari eventually bump into each other while chasing Naty
-They battle a Bakuuda and Naty sends them back(I think I missed something here)
-and Jun runs into Kurotsugu, who introduces himself and they head back to town

Pretty fun episode. Kojirou is always great at the most random things.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom