• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP190: Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!

Re: DP 190 "Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!" Preview Thread

Let's get something straight here.

Brock getting Chansey isn't the cause of anything. Of him becoming a doctor or him leaving. That's the decision of actual humans.

But he is leaving. And I don't care if he comes back 5 episodes into B&W. That's in about 2 months. I'm saying he's leaving now.

Let's get something straight here.

Brock getting Chansey isn't the cause of anything. Of him becoming a doctor or him leaving. That's the decision of actual humans.

That's right, the writers are the ones who decide everything in the end.

However, it makes no sense that the writers gave Brock a pokemon related to the Chansey line, and then hold off her evolution until after Brock is confirmed to become a doctor and leave the main cast. That's not to say that the writers had everything thought out at the time Brock ended up receiving Happiny, or even beforehand.

Pure coincidence or not, I'm sure these questions must be in everybody's heads. If Brock were to stay on for Best Wishes and his future in the series wasn't decided, would Happiny have still evolved? Would there be any point in evolving a pokemon with minimal appearances and warrant for anything?

Happiny evolved. Happiny didn't evolve. Doesn't matter.

It's like the people who used to go "Ah, see, Brock is a Rock Gym Leader. That's why they gave him Sudowoodo!"

If it makes you feel more comfortable to consider Chansey the reason for Brock's decision, then more power to you. But it's not going to make a difference.

Unless I've mixing this up, wasn't Johanna's VA credited for this ep too?

Yes she is. I guess they reach Futaba Town at the very end of the episode.

You know what would be super kick-ass awesome, but has absolutely no chance of happening?

If they used Takeshi's Paradise as the ending theme for this episode.

Brock gets a Chansey? I can't say I'm surprised but I'm honestly glad he got a team change, especially Chansey. This must mean that the writers knew they were going to sign him off for good in DP since it kinda points out his obvious goal. :smokin:

Strange. Since when Oha Suta shows pictures and preview from anime episode?

You know what would be super kick-ass awesome, but has absolutely no chance of happening?

Awwww damn, now I really want that to happen! xD But, as you said, no chance of happening.

Anyway, I don't think we can assume that the writers gave Brock a Happiny with the objective to have Brock become a Pokemon doctor, just as we can't assume it was a coincidence. The truth is, we don't know how far they planned that. Does it really matter much either way?

EDIT: -Look! Dawn and Brock interacting! Now will those saying they aren't friends shut up? Anyway, I think I'm really goinng to like Brock in this episode.
-cute nursery Pokemon.. Brock saving the girls from falling over was quite funny.
-hahahaaa bottlecap xD
-Evil Tentacruel of doooooom
-Pikachu, who can KO a Latios, is rendered useless against Tentacruel
-I might have slightly laughed at Pichu getting KO'd.
-Brock gets to be the real hero! By.. errrm.. throwing a bottle cap in the sea..
-why hallo thar captain! Captain leads them to a room of boxes.. Happiny beats the crap out of TR.. but now I'm totally lost on whats happening. What are they looking for??
-Why hallo thar old lady! Ohhhhhhhhh they were looking for berries.
-Of course, Pichu is the most sick.
-Joy on the phone for inspiring talk with Brock.
-Aww that was quite a sweet evolution
-Igglybuff is such an ugly Pokemon.
-Oh, Brock, stop acting so surprised at the mention of Pokemon doctor, you've nursed Pokemon before
-Ep ends with last minute Johanna appearance. Quite sweet, really.

Ok, so, poor Brock didn't recieve much focues at all in 13 years, so this can't really be expected to make up for it, nevertheless, a sweet episode, and a nice way to say goodbye to Brock.

Last edited:

I'd also love the last ep to use Dawn's theme in her VA's version, with brand new animation scene full of cute Dawn and Pip scenes... but it won't happen either

EDIT: oh and Happiny evolve wtf XD I'd prefer if it evolved earlier and then quickly evolved to Blissey rather than wait till now

Episode starts with Brock looking off the boat on his own, haha.

Typical: the whole fiasco starts with James collecting a bottle cap :p

Brock steals Jame's bottle cap and runs away whilst the Tentacruel follow.
He throws it over the water, hahaha.

Is that a Lava Cookie? The lady is strangely familiar to me as well as the cookie. o_o

TR blasted off quite quickly...
They deserve it for hurting all of those lovely baby pokemon :p

EVOLUTION! It's taken what... 150-something episodes? But Brock's team finally changes!

It looks like the evolution is caused because Happiny really wants to help.

edit: I think that was some kind of Heal egg move, what's that called?

And there we go :p Brock has a Chansey

What music is this? It sounds so familiar.. it isn't the Make a Wish is it? I don't think so...

Anyway, Brock ended up flirting with Nurse Joy anyway. They are being greeted home by Johanna and lots of people.

edit: I'm not really sure what Nurse Joy said to Brock, but she probably said 'You should become a doctor' so he ran forward and held her hand. I think I saw Hikari come up behind and say something like 'That would be great!' or something.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom