• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Episodes that you can't stand to watch

i actually don't mind the filler episodes if they have a good plot line. probably cause i grew up watching the Johto series and that was just a bunch of filler that back then just made me laugh or be happy.
but there are some episodes i can't stand
. i can't remember the name of it but the one where Turtwig comes along Ash's team. the whole time i just kept thinking Bulbasaur. that was basically Bulbasaur right there. a few minor differences between the two. the writers basically just took the same plotline, changed a couple of things and switched out the pokemon
. most of Unova i cant stand. why? well they took my favorite characters, replaced one, and basically replaced the others by altering their personalities. i really liked Brock and they just decided to start fresh. then the fact that Team Rocket actually does stuff now. i like it when they were stupid and never got anything done because they were some great comic relief and have been ever since Kanto
. that brings me on to an episode of Unova i really can't stand - Meowth's Scrafty Tactics. when Meowth explains what happened to him and the reaction from Team Rocket. Team Rocket would not act like that if it was any series before. that wasnt them. they normal cared for their Meowth friend.. most of the time
. and another specific Unova. the one where Ash faces off against Cilan, Cress, and Chili. Panpour and Pikachu in battle. jeez. they took out the fact that pikachu is somewhat of a boss and i know the series tries to emphasize the "screw type advantage aspect" but an electric type loosing to some water. what happened to that amazing countershield hat they made.

i wont say anymore cuz ill just get mad

Probably the Skyla episode would be one because they turned her into a bitch.

I rather Skyla than the awe ful airing of the Elesa gym battle. I never want to see such a horrible battle like that ever again!

Unrest at the Nursery
Clash of the Connoisseurs!

A lot of Unova episodes were bad, but these are just painful to watch. I felt embarrassed to like pokemon by watching them.

A lot of the Unova ones are bad, especially ones with that Mary Sue Cilan being treated like a Mary Sue.

I hated The Semi-Final Frontier! because of Tobias. Seriously, he ruined what would have been an interesting episode about Ash struggling to make it to Sinnoh league champion.

Any Team-Rocket centric dp episode. In English, the constant rhyming gives me a headache. In Japanese, Nyasu's voice is soooooo grating. It's even worse than doraemon. 10 mins+ of that and I'm done.

Every episode after the first Sinnoh one dubbed in my mother language (Brazilian Portuguese), because goodness gracious, you can't expect the english puns and jokes to make sense with no proper context! Dubbing studio, have you ever heard of a non-literal translation?! (although it IS trying to be better in the BW saga)

aside from that...

Any time Piplup got the focus, and it was often, I have nothing against fillers, but lord almighty, Sinnoh may have had some semblances of good writing, but its fillers... OMA, how did I manage to watch them?

Also, many episodes in Johto, although BW and the OS have some stinkers aswell.

EDIT: 3000th post huh? Beers in my profile.

Every episode after the first Sinnoh one dubbed in my mother language (Brazilian Portuguese)
I know that feel. I don't know how, but it was bearable until I started to watch the japanese subbed. Now it gives me headache, even the OS ones.

Every episode after the first Sinnoh one dubbed in my mother language (Brazilian Portuguese)
I know that feel. I don't know how, but it was bearable until I started to watch the japanese subbed. Now it gives me headache, even the OS ones.

Hey, at least they were cohesive, and the jokes made sense to us, brazilian kids with no context outside of our own country, nowadays, I can't even coerce my brother into watching it, so I just sit there and watch him go: ''What?'' at every joke, and the studio should know better! It's pretty darn obvious that you can't make the same pun with words that are completely different in another language and expect people to get it, it's like they're going backwards, however, I must apologize for blaming only the studio, the fans, or some portion thereof, are also to blame, because I know they wanted a literal translation from english to brazilian portuguese since day one, I can't even gander why would they want it, but they did.

Take our Digimon dubs, (at least from season 1-3), which were not only translated from the Japanese, aka the original, script, so the plot was clearer and the dialog wasn't filled with horrible puns like in the english dub (thank you, Jeff Nimoy -_-), but the jokes and cultural references were explained and the translation wasn't literal, but it mainly improved the wording, not changing the original meaning and themes of the plot at large and made it relatable to our audience, which is how I think dubs should always be.

And that was long and off-topic, but oh well.

In the dub, "Flames of a Red Hot Reunion" by far. Sat through it once, and that was a painful, painful episode to get through for me. Hurt me on a very personal level to see what happened there. I was and still am already upset enough about the VA change, but that episode hammered it home why I feel it was a mistake, and it felt like all my fond childhood memories were being erased in one single episode like that. So, yeah, this one may not be a bad episode, but I am really offended by what went down here. At the same time, at least I know what to expect anytime there are flashbacks in the future to episodes of the former dub, so I can at least brace for that now without being too sad.

The only bright side of this episode for me is that Bill Rogers was emulating Eric Stuart again, and minus the yelling, he did a great job with the role. He certainly went for his A-game here, after his DP performance was the pits for him (IMHO).

My reaction is best described as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed6abCSoQ0o

In the sub, the English equivalent is best described as "A Unova League Evolution!" of the episodes I can't stand to watch again. Just makes me feel really sad for Ash/Satoshi and what seems to be his sad fate in the Pokémon anime. Not because of the regression he undergoes every other series, but because I feel he's sadly just being kept around the way he is for no real reason other than...well, you know.

Mind you, I do not hate the Isshu/Unova arc much myself, but these two episodes (respectively) are my least favorite so far.

Last edited:
I Hate the one Episode that was with Prima. That was just a good Awful Episode and Ash I think was a Jerk and forgot you have to work with Your Pokemon.

One word: Jump.
I can't stand the episodes he's in, even if he has a non-speaking cameo, he makes me cringe and makes my fillings hurt when he speaks. When I see him, I turn off the TV.

Any episode where one of the characters is missing, and the group all have to split up to find them, and usually end up in a cave.

One word: Jump.
I can't stand the episodes he's in, even if he has a non-speaking cameo, he makes me cringe and makes my fillings hurt when he speaks. When I see him, I turn off the TV.

Yeah, those are some of the worst eps in all the 4Kids dub thanks to him.

"OK, OK, OK, what's happening!" = -_-

Any ep where they turn the human cast into idiots. (It's bad enough that they do it to Ash, but everyone else...) "Hypno's Naptime" comes to mind, since Officer Jenny (along with the off-screen police force) was thoroughly incompetent, as I explained in my blog long ago. "The Poke-Spokes Person" also rubs me completely the wrong way, since the characters act like humans and Pokémon can't understand each other except for rare cases, which goes against one of the ideas of the show.

I usually sit when I watch an episode. Fail attempt at joke//shot

I usually LIKE any Pokemon episode. I am the kind who adjusts to anything. But there was this certain Rocket-centric episode in DP (Sorry for not remembering). It wasn't even funny like the OS Team Rocket nor were they doing anything noteworthy. They just exploded in the end.

Any episodes focusing on Pochama too (I hate the one where he learns Hydropump). He's too much of a brat for my liking. I love Mijumaru though!!

Another instance of brats annoying me is Masato(Max) and his stupid performance after Senri loses to Satoshi. Meh, if I were Haruka, I would have slapped him :3 (I guess I would have been a terrible sister! But I am a guy.) But I can understand the kid's plight. He got less annoying after that.

His Japanese voice is too annoying for me.(And me hating a Jap voice is as rare as finding a Rare Candy without a Dowsing Machine.) He was less bearable in English :3 Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom