• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Feelings towards your Pokémon?

Necrozma

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score
We all know that Pokémon are just those small pixels in the game and the pieces of data, but did it ever occur to you that you felt attached to one of your Pokémon or that you really cared about it? Or do you think that's simply crazy?

Basically, did you ever care for any of the Pokémon in your games?

... weird question, I know.

Well, I usually get really attached to my team and feel sorry for my HM slaves...

And I actually cry at the endings of the PMD games... every time...

I don't like boxing my main party, especially my Starter. The first time I ever boxed my Serperior in White was when I wanted to bring him to the Dream World.

And the release button is almost useless to me.

I get very attached to my Pokémon, even though they're just small pixels. I still have my 6 Pokémon that I used when I first challenged the league, and they are in my Very Important Pokémon box. They're my most precious Pokémon, beside my shiny Venomoth. I'm planning to get them all to level 100 some day, even though they're not EV trained, have hindering natures, no egg moves and most likely bad IVs.
However, I don't really care for the others. My Fly-slave is the first Pokémon I caught in the game, and I could release it anytime, he's really not that important. Pokémon will be valuable to me if they have some kind of backstory with them.

I always grow attached to my Pokémon. Especially my main Team's Pokémon. Though I have a more practical approach about it, I take perfect care with my most special Pokémon. A good example is my 3rd Gen Team. Due to the change of overall text capping and some new Bred-on Moves for my old Pokémon in 4th Gen, I ended up breeding them all from scratch so I could give them the same nickname in the appropriate caps, and give them new Moves. However, I bred them until I got an offspring that completely matched every textual characteristic of my 3rd Gen Pokémon.

An individual example is Kireihana, my team's Bellossom. I transferred her from Emerald into Diamond, and then bred her with one of her old Moves (Synthesis) and a new one I wanted on her (Energy Ball). I hatched Oddish Eggs until I got an offspring that matched every single parameter of my 3rd Gen Kireihana: Gender (Female), Nature (Bold), and the new Characteristic text (Often lost in thought). Once I got the perfect match, I named her the same, and I consider them the same Pokémon as well.

This got especially difficult with Pokémon with two Abilities, like Pinsir. However, I went through with it, and I really love all these Pokémon. Raising them from scratch once again made me even more attached to them as well. They're now with me in 5th Gen, which thankfully didn't bring any noteworthy change to their Movepools for me to have to do it again. Though some of their new 4th Gen Abilities (Pinsir's Mold Breaker) and Dream World Abilities might be tempting, the Pokés I raised and am attached to are as they were with their 3rd Gen Abilities. It might not be the same Pokémon as in 3rd Gen, but I consider them to be so.

I also grow very attached to my in-game Pokémon, and conserve as many of them as I can, of as many playthroughs as possible. ^^

I always get attached to my Pokemon, especially the ones in my main team. They are just small pixels but the hours I've spend on training them and all made me ''love'' them.

Pokemon are my friends. I have favorites with human names, fitting natures, moves I think they should have, and then I ship them together and create backstories.

I get very attached to my Pokes, and I've never used an HM Slave a day in my life. I tried to once, but then the Wailord became a BAMF and I kept her in my team and she kicked the crap outta...most of the Hoenn E4, actually.

I keep all my Pokemon in my newest game by transfering them, and I train each of them lovingly to level 100, regardless of the strangths, weaknesses, and challenges they face in the process.

Yes, some that I trained for a long time or just some that I use in battle a lot I have felling to wards them.

I do.
I'm so attached to all my Pokemon (and I have over 200) that I never want to start a new game. :p

i get VERY attached to them, sometimes, when i'm feeling down, i feel like i can only trust them...

Social Life you say?
what's that????

I even grow attached to Pokemon I haven't even battled with once. Like, a few hours ago, I was on GTS, and the trader wanted a Cubchoo. Of course, I had one that I caught weeks ago that was untouched. But for some type attachment reason, I just couldn't trade it. After I traded a new Cubchoo, I trained my Lv. 23 Cubchoo to a Lv. 67 Beartic. I love all my Pokés :)

I tend to treat my Pokémon like they're a sports team and I'm their coach. I hand-select them, I train them, I form strategies with them, and I try to motivate them whenever I'm battling. I could never trade away a Pokémon that I use for battling. Even if it's just in-game battling.

oh, I have huge feelings towards my Roselia...more than any other pokemon in the game.

I sort of imagine how I'd feel about my Pokémon as I'm playing to the extent that Pokémon is a ROLE PLAYING game after all.

Actually its the only roke playing video game where I reelly feel like I'm personally identifying with the player character and the world.

I was attached to my first Feraligator from 2000. I was really sad when my Silver version's save file memory quit working

I always feel attached to my starter Pokemon, or Pokemon I've been using for a long time. I even feel bad for putting those Pokemon in the PC box for too long.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom