• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I thought Helioptile would probably evolve so he'd get a frill but now, since it was revealed he already kind of has the frill thing when his ears fold open, I really see him ending up being a weird single-stage Pokemon.

And I love him still, though.

I dont care if Helioptile dosent evolve, it's cute :3 It would be interesting if it became Electric/Fire or Electric/Grass though, so Id kinda like to see it evolve just to see what happens with that, I want to see a typing like that on something that isnt one of Rotom's formes.

If it becomes Electric/Fire it's going to be so awesome.

And it's going to love Earthquake so much.

Call me crazy, but I think Helioptile may become Electric/Fire or Electric/Grass. The reason for this is that it absorbs solar energy in a way similar to photosynthesis, which supports the Grass part, and those solar rays support Fire. If it's an early game Pokemon, I can't possibly see how it'd become part Dragon-type, as those come later, typically. However, I doubt it would remain Electric/Normal, simply because a lizard Pokemon doesn't really seem like it'd be that type, especially once fully evolved.

some say he will know color change, and change his normal typing to whatever he's hit with, which seems lizardy and might explain him being the only to have normal as a secondary type. just a theory i heard on serebii, what do you think?

all i know is helioptile has completely murdered entirely the concept of light type, at the very least XD

ewwww like another rotom? i like him more than rotom because he's a frilled lizard, but i really dont like that idea. :/

Hmm, I can't see the scenario of Helioptile not evolving, although it is always a possibility.

Also, for some reason I am interpreting this Pokémon as this Generation's "generic" rodent, probably because of its Normal subtype.

I have a feeling Helioptile is going to be available in that desert area right near PokeParis. It seems like this gen's Scraggy. And it makes sense given its theme.

Gonna post my thoughts now,

At first I was kind of interested in the speculation that Fletchling could become a Fire/Flying Pokemon. However after reading up on its name origin and taking further cues from its design, I'm actually now more convinced that it will just stay Normal/Flying. It's become obvious to me now that Fletchling is essentially a robin and an arrow combined into one. Not only does the names point to this, but Fletchling's tail feather resembles a fletching an arrow would have, and its beak is fairly straight and pointed, like the point of an arrow. People are just saying that it will become Fire/Flying because it can learn the move Flame Charge naturally, but now I realize that the move is more of an allusion to its flight speed, since arrows can fly pretty fast, and the move also increases speed. It may actually mean nothing in regards to its typing.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure now it'll keep its typing as other early route birds have before.

At first I was kind of interested in the speculation that Fletchling could become a Fire/Flying Pokemon. However after reading up on its name origin and taking further cues from its design, I'm actually now more convinced that it will just stay Normal/Flying. It's become obvious to me now that Fletchling is essentially a robin and an arrow combined into one. Not only does the names point to this, but Fletchling's tail feather resembles a fletching an arrow would have, and its beak is fairly straight and pointed, like the point of an arrow. People are just saying that it will become Fire/Flying because it can learn the move Flame Charge naturally, but now I realize that the move is more of an allusion to its flight speed, since arrows can fly pretty fast, and the move also increases speed. It may actually mean nothing in regards to its typing.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure now it'll keep its typing as other early route birds have before.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I bet it will learn a bunch of elemental tackle (Recoil - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia) moves but remain Normal/Flying.

I never believed Fletchling would evolve into part Fire. I always imagined it was just able to use Flame Charge without ever gaining the Fire type.

some say he will know color change, and change his normal typing to whatever he's hit with, which seems lizardy and might explain him being the only to have normal as a secondary type. just a theory i heard on serebii, what do you think?

all i know is helioptile has completely murdered entirely the concept of light type, at the very least XD
Color change sounds cool. I'd really like that. But it could still instead become a light type when it evolves. Who knows? This guy intrigues me. He's clearly based off of solar panels... but electric/steel has been done... hope it's not that.

... It's become obvious to me now that Fletchling is essentially a robin and an arrow combined into one... Flame Charge... is more of an allusion to its flight speed... So yeah, I'm pretty sure now it'll keep its typing as other early route birds have before.
They lit arrows on fire, you know. No reason it can't evolve into a fire/flying.

But yeah, every beginner bird has been normal, so I can see it staying the same.

Okay so just because Fletchling can use Flame Charge, is partially red, and the fact that arrow tips can be lit on fire, it's a fire type.

Blitzle can learn Flame Charge naturally, and Paras and Krabby are also red colored, yet none of them are fire types. I am just saying, just because it learns Flame Charge, does not mean that it will become a Fire/Flying type.

Even if Fletchling does not not become Fire/Flying, the fact it has Flame Charge in its early moveset makes it way better than, say Pidove or Starly, because of the diverse moveset. I just love the fact that it can learn Flame Charge as crazy as it sounds. XD

Okay so just because Fletchling can use Flame Charge, is partially red, and the fact that arrow tips can be lit on fire, it's a fire type.

Blitzle can learn Flame Charge naturally, and Paras and Krabby are also red colored, yet none of them are fire types. I am just saying, just because it learns Flame Charge, does not mean that it will become a Fire/Flying type.

Blitze and Krabby/Kingler only have that one trait, though. Fletchling has multiple reasons to plausibly become a fire type, as you just listed.

Fletchling has multiple reasons to plausibly become a fire type, as you just listed.
Fletchling has about as many reasons to evolve into a Fire/Flying as Hoothoot does to evolve into a Psychic/Flying. (Which it didn't.)

I'm not sure where to post this, but WPM released the rest of his inside information (dear mods: if this would belong somewhere else or if someone already did this, I apologize. Do what you like). Be reminded that this is all unconfirmed and may be true or false or a mix of both.

Link: http://pokebeach.com/#last-of-the-pokemon-x-y-insider-information

I thought that some of these ideas were interesting and maybe even likely. Others, I found to be very unlikely. Take all the info with a grain of salt.

I'm not sure where to post this, but WPM released the rest of his inside information (dear mods: if this would belong somewhere else or if someone already did this, I apologize. Do what you like). Be reminded that this is all unconfirmed and may be true or false or a mix of both.

Link: Pok

I thought that some of these ideas were interesting and maybe even likely. Others, I found to be very unlikely. Take all the info with a grain of salt.

that would go here--> http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/real-not-real-thread-147732/
but it has been known and greatly discussed already

Fletchling has multiple reasons to plausibly become a fire type, as you just listed.
Fletchling has about as many reasons to evolve into a Fire/Flying as Hoothoot does to evolve into a Psychic/Flying. (Which it didn't.)

i hope gamefreak trolls you and gives us an evolution of noctowl that's psychic flying this gen. ;D

i hope pancham doesnt go fighting/dark.

Last edited:

i hope pancham doesnt go fighting/dark.

Why don't you want Pancham to become Dark/Fighting? Currently Scrafty is the ONLY Dark/Fighting Pokémon and he's amazing! Scrafty is my favourite Pokémon, Dark is my favourite type, and Dark/Fighting is an EXTREMELY unique combination at this point. I'd love to see it expanded on, at least slightly.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Pancham does end up being Fighting/Dark. It's described as being a naughty Pokemon, and its signature move basically sounds like it's throwing an insult at someone.

Back
Top Bottom