• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HeartGold, SoulSilver release date announced: Games to be sold for ¥4800

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
HeartGold, SoulSilver release date announced: Games to be sold for ¥4800

The official Japanese site of Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver has updated today. While it might seem that not much has been updated, going to the "Downloads" section of the site reveals the release date of the games. According to the wallpaper available for download, as well as the "Updates" portion of the site, the games will be released on Sept. 12. They will be sold for ¥4800.

Read more on Bulbanews

Looks like the US and EU release dates will be pretty standard, then?

So they aren't releasing it in November after all? Not that I mind since I'll be able to import it earlier. :p Hopefully, this will be up on Play-Asia.

Last edited:
So I wonder if this means it'll have a North American release in March or April?
As long as it's released before I graduated high school I don't mind when it comes out.
But of course, the earlier the better. hahaa

So...one day after 9/11? Haha, those theories/rumors weren't too far off after all!

I knew it, 1 year exactly after Platinum, (well its a day earlier) so I think N.America, and Europe will have the same release dates as in 2008.
March 22nd 2009 for N.America, May 21 2009 for Europe, maybe a day earlier for each.

Huh. I went to wikipedia to find out when the original GSC launched in America, and it's saying that the American release date for HGSS is Feb. 14. Of course, it's wikipedia, but can anyone find something to back this up?

Well that's good news if its true.
VALENTINE'S DAY. (Plus it's earlier then expected.)

Valentine's day if Wikipeidia is correct. Of course, I can't see where they got that though.

Now I just need someone 'special' to get me it...

If it comes out on V-Day, I'm gonna force a certain someone I know to get it for me >.> lol

Hopefully it'll come out by summer 2010 for North America, I'm excited about this game =D

@ Nicoleta01:

No, it's not confirmed for V-Day. On WIKIPEDIA, it said that on Feb. 14, it was coming out in America. Again, since this is WIKIPEDIA, I wanted to see if anyone had found any information to back this claim up that wasn't from WIKIPEDIA.

@Phoenicks- That's why I said "if" XD It would be cool if it did, the theme and all "HeartGold/SoulSilver, coming Valentine's Day"

Far as I can see, all other release dates are still up for guessing at this point. Whenever the release dates for D/P/Pt were annouced for N.A. in comparison to Japan's is probably when we'll know.

I'm guessing someone put that date up on Wikipedia for shits and giggles.

Release dates huh?
EPIC WIN HAS BEEN ACHIEVED
mp-epic-win.jpg

I knew it, 1 year exactly after Platinum, (well its a day earlier) so I think N.America, and Europe will have the same release dates as in 2008.
March 22nd 2009 for N.America, May 21 2009 for Europe, maybe a day earlier for each.

I think the same. Late April for an American release... not bad... let's see how it turns in the end.

So, if the rumor of the 9/11 release date was almost accurate, what does this say for the skateboard?

Huh. I decided.

When the game gets released, I'll be just starting my school year (not to mention it'll be Saturday, though I'll posibly grab the game earlier), so I'll probably won't get much schoolwork yet. So, I don't hesitate to sacrifice a night to get through the game. I'll try to get it through (at least to Kanto) at one night. If I discover anything undiscovered (you know, I'm the one who pays much attention to details), I'll probably report it here in my discovery thread, or something.

Playing HGSS > Sleeping

I just hope that Merrick and co. don't beat me to it too strongly. But, you know, playing something new (especially if it's such an awaited thing) as one of the first people is certainly WORTH a sleepless night. Hope I just don't fall asleep at my desk.

God, shall I get a life?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom