• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary Pokemon Discussion

On the other hand though the Japanese logos have the double helix, hinting at a chromosome based theory. Genetic based mascots, complete with a proper scientific evil team? I'd dig that, I'd dig that a lot.
If chromosomes are involved, I wonder if the cover legends will have genders.

X's eye has a X-shaped pupil.

x.jpg

I wonder if it will learn X-Scissor xD

Personally, I don't want the bird to be fire/flying. We've had a couple of those already for legendaries, plus there's Charizard too. I'm hoping for dark/flying.

As for the antelope, I'm not really sure. Perhaps ground/steel?

Am I the only one who thinks Y is fuchsia rather than red? So I don't think it's Fire-type.

Actually, I bet for a pure-Flying and a pure-Ground. I's been a while since last time a mascot Legendary was single-typed... actually it happened only once (Kyogre-Groudon).

Personally, I don't want the bird to be fire/flying. We've had a couple of those already for legendaries, plus there's Charizard too. I'm hoping for dark/flying.

As for the antelope, I'm not really sure. Perhaps ground/steel?

It definitely looks like it'll have a Steel type - maybe it could be Fighting/Steel like Cobalion?

It definitely looks like it'll have a Steel type - maybe it could be Fighting/Steel like Cobalion?

I doubt it. It seems to represent the land, and it hardly looks like a grass or rock type, so ground makes the most sense to me.

The bird does look like it could pull off a Dark/Flying type, it kinda looks like a super version of Mandibuzz's evo line. The deer... Normal/Grass maybe? Psychic/Grass would also be possible but that seems too imbalanced against Dark/Flying if that were the bird's types.

Definitely going to lean to the bird not being Fire based - certainly gives off a more "dark" vibe then anything else. It sure as heck is fantastic looking though :D

I'm really liking both of the new mascots, especially the Y bird. It's also really refreshing to see that they're giving dragon-type mascots are break, finally.

Perhaps the deer is psychic? elegant legendaries like that seem to be psychic.

Psychic? Good god no. We've had far too many psychic legendaries. >_>

Dark/Fire and Psychic/Water. Just watch and be amazed.

I think the Antelope might also have a Steel-typing

I personally hope not. It would be too similar to Dialga with its body shape and color. I am hoping for Ground/Psychic. Or Grass/Psychic.
It could be Steel/Psychic. I don't know if it was because of the advertising effects, but the stag was looking rather flashy reflecting off sunlight.

The deer looks like Virizion with mutated Stantler/Sawsbuck antlers.

Hmmm. The elk could perhaps be pure Poison or Poison and something else giving us our first Poison legendary.

So the big question - what does the Z shaped Pokemon look like?
Trogdor - the Burninator.

So, remember when I mention X representing the horizontal plane and Y representing the vertical plane? I meant it. X is a quadruped and walks on the land. Y is a winged creature and soars through the air. Now, even though I'm betting they're going to play up the Chromosome angle more, it's still a nice thing to think about.

Idk about the chromosome thing.. but I like the xyz axis idea. But I'm betting we wont see z till the z game is revealed. Idk what it was, but iwata made it seem like Pokemon plans on using DLC to handle new event Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom