• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M13: Zoroark: Master of Illusions

um is it confined proof dub name is peg?

i knew she would get a dub name

Yes, her name is Peg although I don't see why it matters since she really didn't do anything but say a few lines. Ash told Zorua that he would visit again in its home region "Unova" I remember if Ash will meet another Zoroark and Zorua in Unova or the ones he met in the movie in Black and White.

I know this is more than likely the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know where I can find the stylized Woobat design that Karl had on his cap?

You know until I watched it this morning I always expected Zoroark to sound completely differently than it did in the movie......... strange.... X__x

My favorite part had to be Zorua's pranks.

And apparently, I heard the movie had something of a swiss cheese plot becuase Cartoon Network cut the pre-credits opening out.
What happened during that opening? I can't watch the Japanese dub (for obvious reasons), and goodness knows when it's coming on DVD (the one before isn't even out yet).

And apparently, I heard the movie had something of a swiss cheese plot becuase Cartoon Network cut the pre-credits opening out.
What happened during that opening? I can't watch the Japanese dub (for obvious reasons), and goodness knows when it's coming on DVD (the one before isn't even out yet).

Here's a quick rundown.

- The gang watch a Pokémon Baccer match in a Pokémon Centre between the evolution lines of Beldum and Elekid. The match is a preliminary, and the World Cup is being held in Crown City in two days. Kodai appears on screen and announces his attention to enter his team, which is the three Legendary Beasts. Ash wants to see them up close, so the gang decide to head to Crown City as its nearby. Team Rocket decide to go and steal the Beasts.
- Kodai (who captured Zorua and Zoroark off-screen before the movie began) pits Zoroark against the Beasts and tells her to show her illusion ability or risk harm to Zorua. She does so, and it fools Rowena and the illusion even appears on the monitors. Kodai uses his wrist device to distinguish between illusions and reality. It turns out Kodai doesn't really own the Beasts, they're all holograms.
- Kodai decides to separate Zorua from Zoroark to ensure her cooperation, however Zorua manages to escape the ship (after a face-to-face with Scizor where it shows off that it can transform too). Kodai doesn't mind, as he has Zorua's image data and Zoroark doesn't know that it escaped.

So yeah, it pretty much sets up the whole plot so you can understand why Cartoon Network wanted rid of it (!)

Ok, before I watched the movie I avoided the forum like a plague so that I could see the movie fresh, for the first time, without anything given away. Even though I hadn't heard anything about the movie before, I could feel that something was missing.

Now I feel like I missed out on some BIG things at the beginning. Of course I didn't count on the end credits not being fast-fowarded because every pokemon movei I've seen has them fast-fowarded. However that didn't stop me from hoping that they wouldn't fast-forward through them this time but....

Kodai was a pretty good antagonist, but I felt like some of the moments with his flashbacks were a little confusing. Maybe that was because I didn't pay enough attention but for a few moments I was like WUT!?

I honestly thought that Ash and Pikachu were going with Karl and the other girl, I laughed when I found out it was another illusion. I liked how Ash said that they would visit them in their region, man, it just further underscores how DP is ova!!!

Oh and that girl Proof/Peg or whatever, who the heck was she?! The dub offered NO information on her!!

Celebi was, AGAIN, useless as all get out. I wonder why the writers wanted Kodai to evolve his Misdreavous. That was what really got me confused at first cause I was like where did that random Misdreavous come from?

All in all it WAS an awesome movie despite all of my complaining. I do hope that I will be able to watch the other scenes soon!!

Yeh I thought that too I really thought that Satoshi/Ash and Pikachu were going with Karl.

Here's a quick rundown.

- The gang watch a Pokémon Baccer match in a Pokémon Centre between the evolution lines of Beldum and Elekid. The match is a preliminary, and the World Cup is being held in Crown City in two days. Kodai appears on screen and announces his attention to enter his team, which is the three Legendary Beasts. Ash wants to see them up close, so the gang decide to head to Crown City as its nearby. Team Rocket decide to go and steal the Beasts.
- Kodai (who captured Zorua and Zoroark off-screen before the movie began) pits Zoroark against the Beasts and tells her to show her illusion ability or risk harm to Zorua. She does so, and it fools Rowena and the illusion even appears on the monitors. Kodai uses his wrist device to distinguish between illusions and reality. It turns out Kodai doesn't really own the Beasts, they're all holograms.
- Kodai decides to separate Zorua from Zoroark to ensure her cooperation, however Zorua manages to escape the ship (after a face-to-face with Scizor where it shows off that it can transform too). Kodai doesn't mind, as he has Zorua's image data and Zoroark doesn't know that it escaped.

So yeah, it pretty much sets up the whole plot so you can understand why Cartoon Network wanted rid of it (!)

well go and watch it in the theatres then' you get to see the whole thing

Also, how many people now have Zorua and Zoroark as favorite Pokemon now? I know they're now one of mine.

Also, how many people now have Zorua and Zoroark as favorite Pokemon now? I know they're now one of mine.

Well Zorua is super cute and Zoroark is really cool/badass looking. Good thing I have all the crown beasts and 2 Japanese Celebi. Going to use one of the crowns and Zorua and Zoroark in B/W

Overall, this movie was pretty good.

But, to be honest, I liked the Arceus movie better, simply because the plot was better (and I liked the villain more as well).

To me, it seemed like Zoroark didn't have much of a part. I think this movie was more about Zorua rathar than Zoroark, so the title is a bit misleading.

However, I did like the animation and the music. The animation was great. And I loved the part when they showed Celebi at the end, and they played that same song from Pokemon 4Ever. Well, it was a little bit different here, but it's definitely the same melody as the song from the 4th movie. I thought it was nice how they used that song again. =)

EDIT: What!? CN cut out the first 10 minutes of the movie, just for commercials? Curse you, CN! Well, that explains why the movie started off with the credits. I thought that was kinda weird.

Haha, yeah! Zoroa's pranks were my favorite part too! That was the highlight of the movie for me. ^_^

It was awesome when Zorua transformed into Ash. I loved Ash's expression! XD And then, when Dawn noticed Zorua's tail sticking out, that was funny too! XD

Yeh I thought that too I really thought that Satoshi/Ash and Pikachu were going with Karl.
Same here. LOL, that part confused me. I had to rewind it, and watch that part again. XD

Last edited:
Overall, this movie was pretty good.

But, to be honest, I liked the Arceus movie better, simply because the plot was better (and I liked the villain more as well).

To me, it seemed like Zoroark didn't have much of a part. I think this movie was more about Zorua rathar than Zoroark, so the title is a bit misleading.

However, I did like the animation and the music. The animation was great. And I loved the part when they showed Celebi at the end, and they played that same song from Pokemon 4Ever. Well, it was a little bit different here, but it's definitely the same melody as the song from the 4th movie. I thought it was nice how they used that song again. =)

Haha, yeah! Zoroa's pranks were my favorite part too! That was the highlight of the movie for me. ^_^

It was awesome when Zorua transformed into Ash. I loved Ash's expression! XD And then, when Dawn noticed Zorua's tail sticking out, that was funny too! XD

Same here. LOL, that part confused me. I had to rewind it, and watch that part again. XD

It's out on DVD?

LOL, no. XD

I was able to rewind it, because I recorded the movie to my DVR.

Fandom use Outrage

The fandom get's confused after 2 hours of complaining!

tcpi uses i don't care were making money of this!!

its super effective!!
LMAO. xDDD

I thought that Kodai's motives for wanting power were really shallow...I couldn't sympathize with him, or even hate him for it. He was a pretty sorry excuse for an antagonist.
I agree.

And I also hated how sadistic Kodai was. He's definitely the most evil villain from Pokemon.

Lol, Ash trying to be a pokemon.
Huh? In which scene was Ash trying to be a Pokemon? o.o

Can somebody describe that part? For some reason, I don't remember that.

EDIT: Oh, now I get it. You're referring to Zorua (in Ash's form) acting like a Pokemon, while walking like a human. Right? LOL, I remember that. It really looked as if Ash was acting like a Pokemon. XD

Last edited:
I Watched it this morning
It was a really fun movie
IMO it was better than PM11 and PM12, even if there wasn't a Destructor Llama-God Launching Needles of Energy in a Ancient City
Character Interactions Was Fun
Last Adventure of The DP trio
Last Glimpse of The Pre-BW TRio, IMO, They are still themselves but are Focused Now
Zorua and Zoroark! YAYAYAYAYAYAY! Remonds Me GenV is Coming out of Japan!
Shiny Beasts FTW!
Raikou's Debut
Overall Good Plot
Good Battles
Interesting Characters
Good Soundtrack

9.5/10 For Me

lol I was only half interested in the movie. I enjoyed it for the most part, but the slow progression of the plot left me a bit bored. Shame that they cut off 10 minutes of the beginning. I really would like to see the Ethan cameo!
No surprised that CN would speed up the credits... Wish they don't so we could see the other DP characters' cameo. Although, I am surprised that the movie finished early enough so that CN would shove an "Adventure Time" short in our throats. I swear, that show is getting on my nerves... :(

Zorua is the cutest 'movie-centered' pokemon, ever! I adore its' giggling and its' random transformations of the DP trio. XD Oh, and the ending definitely caught me off guard (As if Ash would actually leave Dawn and Brock behind so randomly, but I seriously couldn't help but be shocked over that!); that was a great ending!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom