• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masuda urges fans to watch Pokémon Smash! this Sunday: Possible new game details to a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Masuda urges fans to watch Pokémon Smash! this Sunday: Possible new game details

Wow I am so sorry I thought Masuda would troll us. Holy crap this came out of nowhere. D:

Re: Masuda urges fans to watch Pokémon Smash! this Sunday: Possible new game details

According to his twitter they'll be out on the DS?

今年の6月、ポケットモンスター最新作が登場します!!!!タイトルは、『ポケットモンスターブラック2・ホワイト2』対応ハードはニンテンドーDSです!

June of this year, latest Pokemon comes into play! ! ! ! The title is compliant hardware "2 White 2 Pokemon Black" is a Nintendo DS!

There's no mention of the 3DS in that tweet and I just double checked to make sure.

Edit: He added the site for the new games: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/

Also found this on the website

ニンテンドー3DSでも遊べるよ! = But I play Nintendo 3DS!

Also there is only the DS logo on the site, I don't see the 3DS logo.

I expect that the availability of the new forms of Kyurem's will be spilt into one exclusive form for each version, the one which looks like Zekrom will be in White 2 and the one which looks like Reshiram will be in Black 2.

EDIT: I said this before blowsave added the picture to his post.

Last edited:

Wait, I'm confused now. Is it for the DS or 3DS?

I looked on the official site, and it showed 3DS in the corner.

The official site says "you can play it on the 3DS" - they just keep reinforcing that it's backwards compatible.

Maybe this will quiet the anime fans who say the current arc is moving too fast. XD (Ash is at the sixth gym and no Plasma in sight)

Black and White truly is a rebirth, it seems. Until now, G/S/C was the closest thing we've had to a direct sequel.

High-res picture, sorry if already posted:

242d2xy.jpg

This is GLORIOUS. Simply GLORIOUS.

On the DS? YES PLEASE!

Double third versiondirect sequels all the way? What does it mean?

But seriously, this is a curveball. But have they actually said they'll be sequels, or are just going off the numbers there?

It could have 3DS exclusive features, at least I won't have to buy a 3DS. Can't believe they literally broke EVERY past formula today, every single one. Can't wait to see the plot of a real sequel to Unova, exciting.

I am extremely happy.
the direct sequel i had thought about, but there was almost nothing to base that speculation on. nevertheless i was hopeful of it, and never dismissed it.

The official site says "you can play it on the 3DS" - they just keep reinforcing that it's backwards compatible.

Oh.

...Is this going to be like GS again where it can be played on two handhelds, with one featuring significant enhancements?

I can't read Japanese, but the one who looks like Zekrom is on the left, does that mean Zekrom looking Kyurem is the mascot of Black2? As opposed to Reshiram who was the mascot of Black1?

Well, no one saw that coming. Black 2 and White 2. Meloetta gets a short. Things are starting to add up. However, I am sad. Does this mean no one is going to care about the spinoff?

Oh.

...Is this going to be like GS again where it can be played on two handhelds, with one featuring significant enhancements?

Most likely. Although I'm not sure if they're going to have time to have significant enhancements, seeing as it comes out in June.

Oh.

Most likely. Although I'm not sure if they're going to have time to have significant enhancements, seeing as it comes out in June.

They would have already been working on it for quite some time and if they're not done with it yet then they are extremely close by now. Time between now and when it is released is no issue.

I expect that the availability of the new forms of Kyurem's will be spilt into one exclusive form for each version, the one which looks like Zekrom will be in White 2 and the one which looks like Reshiram will be in Black 2.

EDIT: I said this before blowsave added the picture to his post.

The names of the versions match the colours of Kyurem's new formes unlike the first Black and White versions in which the Black legendary is exclusive to White version and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom