• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Movie 15: Kyurem VS The Sacred Swordsman: Keldeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kyurem plays an antagonistic role in the movie, it's very likely that it'll just be misunderstood like all other antogonistic Pokemon in the movies. On the other hand, this is Unova.
The Pokemon here are jerks. They range from inconsiderate to downright homicidal (hello Hitomoshi!). Maybe Kyurem will be too.
Imagine yourself in Kyurem's shoes, having your jaws frozen shut all those years. Wouldn't a flamboyant sea-pony start to look delicious?
Misunderstood my ass. If ever there was a pokemon that should be killed with fire, it's this one. First off, it's normal form is menacing as it is. Second, unless it explicitly states that it does not eat humans and pokemon (ok, it could eat Pokemon, but not humans) or unless the world ends if it dies, there is no reason it shouldn't be beheaded. This is, if the legends are true, the first inherently evil pokemon I've seen in a long time. And the only Pokemon I've seen other than possibly Gyarados, that feeds on humans.

Still, if Kyurem was the one speaking, I think this is the first legendary group where all members are able to speak or use Human language to communicate, even if its through telepathy.

Last edited:
And I don't think it would be so far-fetched for any of the Musketeers to defeat Kyurem. After all, he does have a weakness to Fighting-types. But still, that's before his forme changes...

Your probably correct, though I'd rather if all four were to defeat him (with help from Ash) using teamwork. I also wonder if Kyurem attacking the factory looking place has any significance?

The plot synopsis says that Kyurem started attacking the group when Keldeo was with them. The trio are probably fighting Kyurem for Keldeo's sake, leading them to appreciate Ash and co.'s intentions.

It also seems like Keldeo is captured and encased in ice by Kyurem in the trailer. I wonder just what does Kyurem have against Keldeo?

How is something with a 660 BST the strongest Dragon Pokemon? Though it might probably be a reference to its forme, still Kyurem as we know and White/Black Kyurem shouldn't be more powerful than the Original Dragon fusion of Reshiram/Zekrom.

Its probably nothing though.

The latest trailer for the film seems to suggest that Iris and Cilan are playing a larger role here than in the previous year's movie(s). Actually, when you really think about it, it seems that this will be the first film since M11 when a main character other than Ash is doing something productive to advance the plotline in some way or form. I also like that the writers have brought Iris's fear of Ice-type pokemon and Cilan's "Metro Connoisseur" talents (when Ash and Cilan are using a railway train to evade the army of Cryogonal chasing after them).

Furthermore, this trailer also features footage of the normal Kyurem moving and walking about. Contrary to fan belief, the normal Kyurem's movements seem to resemble those of a turkey whose wings were clipped off rather than those of a chicken.

I really wish people would stop calling out this movie being terrible when we still know little about it.!

but it just wouldn't be movie speculation without those people who say it's the worst thing ever based on some trailers and basic info!

then there's also the folks who seem to expect an academy award winner each year and get really confused and upset when it's just a simple-minded kids movie. newsflash!

I really wish people would stop calling out this movie being terrible when we still know little about it.!

but it just wouldn't be movie speculation without those people who say it's the worst thing ever based on some trailers and basic info!

then there's also the folks who seem to expect an academy award winner each year and get really confused and upset when it's just a simple-minded kids movie. newsflash!

Although not academy awards material, one of the pokemon movies HAD been nominated for some prize. Maybe several did.

Don said:
By the way those are the scenes that won't be in the final product, right?

I'm certain that 100% of the scenes in the trailers we have now won't actually be in the final movie.

Don said:
By the way those are the scenes that won't be in the final product, right?

I'm certain that 100% of the scenes in the trailers we have now won't actually be in the final movie.

So what else is new? :p

And something I've been curious about: Is it just me, or does anyone else think Keldeo looks like a teen version of old school anime hero Unico with a heck of a dye job?

Did the REGULAR Kyurem, and not White Kyurem, use a fire attack?

At least this is the first trailer in which Keldeo is given a speaking role.

Keldeo is battling Kyurem by itself. Ash and the Sacred Swordsmen are watching it. Keldeo is starting to doubt its power, while Ash encourages it to continue fighting because it is the fourth Sacred Swordsman.

"Mudada!"

Looks like Kyurem's about to drop a steamroller on Keldeo, I guess?

Keldeo, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion and Kyurem can all speak via telepathy. That's a first for a movie having it for all the featured Pokémon. You don't hear Cobalion or Virizon speaking in the trailer, but you do hear Terrakion meaning all three can use telepathy.

Last edited:
I really like that all the legendaries have speaking roles. I mentioned wanting to see them take the film in this direction earlier on, partly to flesh out the pokemon a little more than usual, partly so movie only humans see less usage. Initially I wasn't too interested in this flick (though to be honest, I've felt this way about the movies for years now), but this little revelation has made things a lot more promising imo.

....still, it bugs the shit out of me that they don't actually talk, but rather communicate telepathically. Why?! What's the point?! The mind boggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom