• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News New Opening Theme: Mad-Paced Getter by Tomohisa Sako

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Here are translated tweets where the information on the opening came from.

"Thank you for attending my Christmas concert!! We announced this during the concert, but my next song will be an opening theme for the anime "Pocket Monsters XY"!! It will premiere in January next year, so look forward to it!!!"

"Thank you so so much for today. It was a real pleasure to spend Christmas with you all. Thank you so much for celebrating my birthday, too! (*his birthday is the 26th of December) Me doing a Pokémon OP is also a miracle that happened because you've all always been cheering me on. There's so much I want to do for you next year as well, so bear with me from here on too."

"The title of the song is "Getter banban". (*"Mad-Paced Getter"). It's an upbeat, positive song filled with the kind of things I love, made with Pokémon in mind. It's a really cool song. Make sure to check out this Pokémon OP, which starts next year!!!"

"I love Pokémon, so I'm really really happy about this. Next year will be so fun I'm all embarrassed thinking about it."

"You'll get to hear a bit of my new OP that premieres next year during the Pokémon special on December 31st! Check it out!!!"

"My dream is to become a Pokémon Master! I'll work hard!!! It still hasn't been decided when the next song will be released, but we want to do a lot of release events all over the country! This year there were so many times I didn't get to meet many of you due to the lack of such... Please treat me well when that time comes."

Re: New Opening Theme: Getter Banban by Tomohisa Sako

Awesome! Can't wait. Hope this will be as good as the current opening.

According to this tweet, a small part of the opening theme will be played during the New Year's special on the 31st.

Wow, it's about time they are making another one. I felt like that M-Volt OP animation wasn't kinda relevant to it's condition on the anime now. While I do think that the music was really been with us for a year but now we want to look at more fresh and cooler rather than just switching the pictures.

Thanks Arceus... so sick of the current OP

Makes me wonder if they're going to do a new one for the dub too, especially now the current "dub arc" has finished.

Yes, I think that they may feature Serena's new design

Finally! I hope it's good, Volt and Mega Volt have been great openings and of course I hope for SPOILERS!

and of course I hope for SPOILERS!

I have to wonder if there are spoilers how far will it go.

Will it show Goomy, or will it show Sliggoo or even Goodra? I fully expect to see Braixen and Luxray so that's not even much of a question.

I'm very curious, shame it's going to be about 2 weeks until we find out.

Or will they NOT show spoilers (except Goomy) and wait until the episodes to update the opening.

Let's see how spoiler-worthy this opening will get.

I can't wait to see this!!

If Serena truly get that haircut that's probably one spoiler that is definitely going to be in this OP... otherwise it'll be super outdated starting from around April which is when I expect her to get that haircut (this month will probably also get us a new ED which will replace the then-outdated long hair Serena ED)

Here's the full 3rd opening, it sounds upbeat and positive imo, kinda nice:

[video=youtube;gezo1a0Rtaw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gezo1a0Rtaw[/video]

Wow, this fellow cannot sing live.

I dunno...it's not the greatest or anything but it's still a lot better than Yuusuke.

Also Sako Tomohisa seems to be a huge Pokemon nerd, if his Twitter is anything to go by. Though it's also possible that it's all just an act.

I dunno...it's not the greatest or anything but it's still a lot better than Yuusuke.

Also Sako Tomohisa seems to be a huge Pokemon nerd, if his Twitter is anything to go by. Though it's also possible that it's all just an act.

It's not hard to be better than Yuusuke...of course, it's also not hard to still be bad! :p

Most of the time I'm not even sure if Nakagawa is a real 'fan' or if it's just an act. That's really a bothersome thing to have weight on one's mind. :(

The title sounds familiar, oh that song by Ariana Grande, Nicki Manaj, and Jessie J (Bang Bang).

I haven't been following things too closely, but who is that guy with a Treeko at the end? Is it some sort of hint towards a Hoenn arc or what....

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom