• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon, gameplay shown on Oha Suta: Triple battles to be available in Black and

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Pokémon, gameplay shown on Oha Suta: Triple battles to be available in Black

Especially (*edit*)"Doriyuz"(?) (the green one). It looks like a cross between Palkia, Garchomp, and Giratina.

And "Ononox"(?) (the top-left one) looks like a badger crossed with an Aggron.

That badger's got armor!
I want armor!

Also, doesn't that guy who's talking to the main character at the start look a bit (lot) like Wally?

I think he's going to be evil.

Re: New Pokémon, gameplay shown on Oha Suta: Triple battles to be available in Black

I bet that evil looking guy in the trailer is either the evil team leader or an elite member of the team. If it turns out he's a grunt, than that is one awesome grunt. Anyway, I'm somewhat wary of the battle shots, because the pokemon's images look a bit big. I think we now know that we get the starter via a present; in that case, it might not be from the professor. One more thing: I think Morguryu is a prevo of Doryuzu.

Triple battles huh? I had a problem with double battles in the games, so I probably will suck at this one. And what's wrong with the game makers now? They don't know how to make pokemon anymore? What happen to the cute small ones?

What happen to the cute small ones?
I think they died out due to having bad stats.

But honestly, I don't see why they can't make a Pokemon that's cute AND has good stats...legendaries don't count.

I've heard that the Japanese dub of Ben 10 is actually fairly popular, so I'm not surprised to see a Ben 10 reference in Pokemon.

Actually if you think about it there's probably a Pokemon reference in Ben 10. Two words: Fourarms, Machamp.

And what's wrong with the game makers now? They don't know how to make pokemon anymore? What happen to the cute small ones?

Tsutaaja? Mijumaru? Pokabu? Zorua? Chiramii? Mamepato? Munna?

Maybe you can argue about some of them, but surely you have to concede that some of the above are small and cute...

Actually, I can argue all of those except Chiramii.

chromastone.jpg

The design of one of them reminds me of Chromastone from Ben 10: Alien Force.

I think that's what alot of people have been comparing it too as of late, including me. Chromastone's my fave.:ksmile:

Before this reveal, we've had 14 new Pokemon introduced to us so far. Now with these new ones, it's almost like at 22 or somethin'... I'd say that's a pretty good indication that we'll be getting a crapload of new ones, like we did in Gen III.

I didn't know Ben 10 was even dubbed into Japanese. It's not on regular TV, so none of the kids at any of my schools have ever heard of it.

dman_dustin said:
in fact isn't Final Fantasy like that as well (with more than 2 characters at a time).

Um...yes.

How in the world is this not common knowledge??

Three or four party members fighting at any given time has been the industry standard since the 1980s.

i hope moves like earthquake dont effect your teammates. i have a feeling that would be very annoying if it did.

I didn't know Ben 10 was even dubbed into Japanese. It's not on regular TV, so none of the kids at any of my schools have ever heard of it.

Off-Topic:

Everything on Cartoon Network is dubbed into Japanese and broadcasted on the Japanese CN. Everything. Trust me, I've seen Ed, Edd and Eddy, Foster's Home, Camp Lazlo, and even Animaniacs dubbed in Japanese. I heard that even the English dub of Pokemon is aired in Asian countries' CN's, including Japan.

On-Topic: 3-on-3 Battles mean one thing in particular: Long. Arduous. Battles.

ive got one question, do any of the pokemon that have been released so far have offical english names apart from Reshiram and Zekrom?. Half the time ive got no idea what pokemon any of you guys are talking about! LOL

Last edited:

ive got one question, do any of the pokemon that have been released so far have offical english names apart from Reshiram and Zekrom?. Half the time ive got no idea what pokemon any of you guys are talking about! LOL

No official English names have been revealed yet, here's a link that should help with some of the confusion.
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

I just realized that triple battles will change the metagame. Imagine the greatness of Earthquake... *shivers*

On-Topic: 3-on-3 Battles mean one thing in particular: Long. Arduous. Battles.
Will it? It seems like, with attacks flying all around, Pokemon will go down pretty fast.

Three or four party members fighting at any given time has been the industry standard since the 1980s.
I think there's a bit of a difference though since rarely do other RPGs feature player vs. player battles, plus in most RPGs characters can withstand multiple attacks whereas in Pokemon it's often short battles lasting 3 attacks or less.

SmashTheState said:

All but three of the pokemon revealed so far have names.

The only confusing thing is that people insist on using fan names for pokemon that already have official names.

Rusty Shackleford said:
I think there's a bit of a difference though since rarely do other RPGs feature player vs. player battles

I don't see how that changes anything. The main complaint I've seen about triple battles is things getting too confusing to manage, and I don't see how playing against a human would make that any more of a problem than playing against the computer.

Players will actually have to pay attention to who they're targeting instead of just blindly hitting the A button. Oh noes.

plus in most RPGs characters can withstand multiple attacks whereas in Pokemon it's often short battles lasting 3 attacks or less.

It can go either way. You may assume that every other RPG series is filled with Final Fantasy-type characters with 9999 HP apiece, but that's not the case.

That spider like one (next to the tomb) looks like a spider creature from legend of zelda...I like it. The only ones that I really don't like are that black dress pokemon and the green slime with bones pokemon.

Forgive me if someone else has already posted this, but I think the coffin-type pokemon is possibly an evolution to Dunsparce. Same color scheme and everything.

i can't wait for 6 vs 6 battles! no seriously - it would stop all this tier crap & make the game more random & FUN

of course 1 vs 1 should be "the norm" but i'd like it as an option...

6 vs 6? What about my two HM slaves? D8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom