• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oblivious [A Harry Potter RP] {Start-up}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dracaena considered the implications of this for a moment. What lapse in judgement could I have had that got me a close friend? I'd probably let them do it, just to be rid of them. If they took too long I might use the curse to hurry it up. Suicide is a serious thing, so why erase one of their most important decisions?

Professor Uranus woke up. He was bored again and because of his nature, he apparated to Greenhouse 1 to observe the students.

"Professor, don't worry...I'm just here to observe. I'm not here to disturb or anything... but I'll just watch."

Sol looks at Uranus. "Out." He says. "If I have to tell you again, you're fired. Many teachers find it distracting. Get your own class."

"I wouldn't effing allow my friend to commit suicide. I wouldn't allow that." Luke says, slightly annoyed at the professor's question "let's just say I'll levitate a medium sized rock by Wingardium Leviousa and hit my friend's head really hard till he fell unconscious. Then imma beat him up and tie him with a chain, drag him back to safe place, and complains about how stupid he is."

Last edited:
"Well then...I'll just leave Mr. Principal sir." Uranus said. He apparated once again, this time to a random hallway and cried silently.

Rolling her eyes at the statement from the blonde Gryffindor (Why was he here anyway? Wasn't this a class for Hufflepuffs and Slytherins?), Savannah looked up, calming her slightly frayed nerves. Picking a piece of lint off of the shoulder of her uniform, she spoke for the first time since the class had began, "Or you could take the easier route and just use Imperio on them and get them to move away from the edge of the cliff," shrugging, she muttered, "it's less work that way."

@Dreamy, @Buoysel, @GroundTrainer, @Sorrow Blue, @Pyradox, @ebansu, @Metabee, [mention]Lone Wolf[/mention], @-Gray-, and anyone else I am forgetting, stuff is happening!

"Alright, you idiots, since nobody wants to learn, everybody needs to go to the great hall to get a lesson from Headmaster Sol Glissant, the new Defense Against the Charm of the Transfiguring Elemental Arts which are Dark. Anybody not down in ten minutes will be set on fire." Sol says into the intercom. "I promise it will be fun and there will also be delicious free food that is not stolen."

Uranus heard of the announcement so he apparated to the Great Hall.

"Ya didn't mention the subject Astronomy!! Yay!!!" Uranus happily shouted.

After doing so, he sat down on the teacher's table.

Defense Against the Charm of the Transfiguring Elemental Arts which are Dark, eh? Someone's a bit full of themselves. Dracaena sighed and walked out of the room. On her way, she wondered if somebody might actually be set on fire...

Nathan listened to the announcement, "That can't be real can it?" he asked the professor in the greenhouse.

"Oh for the love of-" lyre began, stopping himself halfway through his sentence. He sighed. "No-one listen to the man. He's delusional and quite frankly I'm not sure how he even became headmaster in the first place." He shot a glance at one of the students who had actually listened to Sol and was attempting to leave, throwing up a quick barrier in front of her to halt her progress. "Dracaena, is it not?" he asked, not really paying all that much attention to her, but still enough that he could stop her from actually leaving.

"I'd suggest you go sit back down while I see exactly what in the seven hells Sol's doing to this school."

Last edited:
"well.. He mentioned free foods,... So.." Luke chuckled, high fiving his pet squirrel, which is hiding in his robe pocket.
The Lecarde then turned to Savannah "but hey, Imperius is a forbidden spell, right? Rules are rules, man. 'Sides, who's gonna teach you how to use that spell?"

"We do," Lyre interrupted, eyes glinting darkly. "And I'd advise you to sit down and shut up if you know what's good for you." A pause, and he shot Savannah an approving look for her answer, having only just remembered what she'd said. "And 10 points to Hufflepuff for that answer, Miss...?" He trailed off, raising an eyebrow questioningly in Savannah's direction. Without waiting for any real response Lyre continued to speak, turning his attention to the class he was suppose to have been teaching.

"Not how to use them yourselves, but the theory behind the Unforgivables is something taught to all Hogwarts students in your later years. But for now we are merely going to touch on them. Can anybody tell me a situation in which the Cruciatus or Killing Curse could be used for something 'Light'?"

Savannah smiled at Professor Lyre, happy with herself for giving Hufflepuff house points. Introducing herself as Savannah, she contemplated the question he asked as glanced around the classroom. She didn't want to act like a snobby Ravenclaw and answer every question asked.

((Guys, I think I'm going to have to drop out of this. I'm about 20 pages behind for all I know, my interest in the site is fading, and I'm buried up to my neck in schoolwork. Sorry again :/))

After hearing Sol's announcement, Professor Helstrom sighed, murmuring under his breath, "Oh my good Merlin." Looking over the class, he decided that all of these students were about as much as he was going to get, so he supposed that he'd start on teaching the Herbology class. Moving away from the spot he had been sitting in, he swiftly walked around his desk and sat on the edge of it lightly, scanning along the class once more. Here it was, the first class of the year that he'd have to teach... taking in a deep breath, he began the lesson, calling all conversation within the greenhouse to a halt.

"Firstly, I'd like to say that Professor Glissante's announcement was indeed false. Secondly, welcome to Herbology - as I've introduced myself before - or have I? I have no idea - I am Professor Helstrom, and I'm going to be taking you for probably the rest of this year, and perhaps years further on as well. This year, the syllabus set by the Education section within the Ministry of Magic is a little different from last year, and they aren't really the things that I'd want to teach you all. However, to start off, the majority of the year is going to be taken up by one topic - Toadstools, as a broad term for the entire thing. Today's lesson is simply going to be introductory, and how far we get depends on how much time we have today - I think it's about an hour? Anyway, we'll get cracking."

Bringing his wand from his pocket, he took a few steps away from his desk and turned slowly, flicking his wand gently. Aiming his wand gently towards the board, he began to swish his wand rhythmically, almost as if he was writing - as he did, actual writing (in chalk, it seemed), began to appear on the board. When the title, 'Toadstools', had finished being written, Professor Helstrom underlined it, and he turned back towards the class, pacing gently.

"So, the question is, what are toadstools? Are they simply resting spots for tired amphibians? Pfft, no chance. In the Wizarding World, toadstools are an integral part of our herbology. We use them in everything - well, not literally everything, but it ranges. From potions to prized potted plants, to certain rites and to doorstoppers, toadstools provide a variety of uses. If you look around in this very classroom, or in the grounds, you will see a few toadstools here and there... well, in the grounds, toadstools tend to be cut out to provide a tidier outlook, and the toadstools are given around the Professors who need them as valuable resources for various projects."

Smiling widely, he asked the class, "So, how exactly do you think you can identify toadstools? Shout out your answers, please!"

Nathan copied down the notes from the board on a piece of parchment, making sure he got everything that the professor was writing down. He would answer the professor's question, but he didn't really know the answer.

Uranus stood up and looked at Sol for a moment.

"So...um...no one is coming in...will you really set them on fire?" Uranus asked Sol.

OOC; I may have forgotten to mention to all of you that I'm going to have reduced activity for the next half a month or so. Let me just get my bearings...

===***===​

Hollie had definitely been in her desk for the whole lesson, yet from the moment the subject was announced, she'd been having a staring contest with her desk. The whole concept of the Unforgivable Curses was completely foreign to her - obviously her parents had kept some things about the magical world hidden from her. Could there really be magic powerful enough to bend someone's will, to torture somebody, or, even worse, to commit murder?

Nervously brushing her shockingly blue hair out of her eyes, she debated whether she should answer the question just asked. Was there a humane reason for torture or murder of a human being? Well, surely if the person who was the victim of a curse like Avada Kedavra was a person who had also committed some heinous crime...

"Perhaps if they were being used on somebody who was really evil - like, if they were used as punishment for something really severe...?" Hollie suggested, biting the bullet and sounding rather tentative as a result.

"Perhaps one could attempt eating them?" Eliot asks.

Meanwhile, Principal Glissante, annoyed that nobody else had come, pointed his wand at Uranus and set him on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom