• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legitimate question and somewhat off topic. I thought Hajimaru meant start or begin. Shouldn't Hajimashou mean let's begin? It makes more sense in the context. Maybe it's just the translator being cheeky. Wouldn't let's go be Ikou? I'm still trying to learn Japanese, so I just wanted to know if you knew.
He says 始めましょう or hajimemashou. Indeed it means something like 'let's begin' or 'let's start'. You're also right that 行こう or ikou literally means 'let's go'. I think the nuance here is that ikou it has the strong implication of 'let's go (somewhere)', while in English 'let's go' can also mean 'let's do it' or 'let's start'. Japanese and English are two very different languages so sometimes these sort of translation liberties are taken. I wouldn't think much of it.

i want that pikachus in new game
letsgopikachu.PNG

do the creators know its not nice to torture the fans/clients ???? if they have inf then give it us.

Those games are certainly popular, but they're not the only possible option on a home console. Look at the popularity of games like Wii Sports, Splatoon, Smash, and Mario Kart. They don't deliver nearly as much on those fronts as a game like BOTW does, and they're still popular. Even though those features are positives to a game, their absence isn't going to destroy a game's chances.

The difference is that those games are multiplayer focused and don't really have an adventure mode. Hell, aside from Splatoon open world adventure isn't even possible for those genres and in Splatoon's case no one's really clamoring for one because exploration was never really emphasized (for that matter, I think they could probably cut single player altogether from Splatoon and its fanbase wouldn't bat an eye). As for Pokemon, it does have a multiplayer element itself but it also has a single player mode to account for that is adventure based. Part of the core gameplay of Pokemon is to have a main campaign that involves exploring a vast region. That's where the demand for open exploration comes into play, the expectation is for that aspect of the formula to be improved on the Switch.

they've completely misread the market if the Switch games aren't more ambitious than usual.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying Game Freak would have completely misread the market, because the games will sell one way or another, but I do agree with the fact that the Switch seems to be the new platform on which franchises can get ambitious.

I certainly do not expect Pokemon BotW anytime soon (or ever). Heck, I’m even alright with us getting a game on the SM engine as long as it’s packed with content (like BW2 or better) and they improve some textures, light/shade and such. Attention to detail can go a long way even if they are reusing an old game engine.

With that said, however, I hope Game Freak will be ambitious with Gen VIII. I can’t predict future sales or fan reception, but I don’t know if the games will continue to do well if Game Freak continues with the 3DS era mindset while developing for the Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom