• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS demo

How was your ORAS Demo experience?

• Great! Can't wait to play the real game.

Votes: 58 71.6%
  • Just ok. Still waiting to finish the whole demo.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Arrghh..not that good.

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
Really wish that NoA would announce the method to get the demo for US already, it's been forever. Japan already has 2 distributions. Or at least make the codes region free so in case you got the one for Norway or you know someone from Europe/Japan who have access to the codes.

To be fair it's not just Japan that gets 2 methods, the UK, Netherlands, Italy, Belgium, Portugal and South Africa also got 2 or even 3 methods each. But I do think it's a little odd that they haven't announced the method yet, maybe we're looking at a late october/november release for the demo.

I think the mega given in this demo could be Mega Latias/Latios... and maybe that's why the US didn't reveal anything about the demo yet, maybe they're waiting to reveal Mega Lati and then give us the demo details alongside that?
And thinking about it, Steven IS involved in this demo... last time he was relevant, we saw him in HGSS in the Lati event... I don't know, can't be too sure of anything yet, but I can see them doing this...

제목 없음.png

Do you think this might be related to the demo??

It's featuring the Mega Latis and the legendary mascots of Gen4 and Gen5

OK, I guess we can forget about the "theory" I just posted lmao... sounds like we catch the opposite color Lati in-game and the matching color Lati with an Eon Ticket event, just like in the original RS games...
I guess my bet is back on Jirachi then...

No, it's a completely different feature. The Eon Flute is a new item that allows the trainer to fly into the sky with Mega Latios/Latias and encounter legendaries like Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, and Zekrom.

The demo Mega Evolution is probably something we have yet to see.

No, it's a completely different feature. The Eon Flute is a new item that allows the trainer to fly into the sky with Mega Latios/Latias and encounter legendaries like Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, and Zekrom.

The demo Mega Evolution is probably something we have yet to see.
AKA Mega Dunsparce :p
But mabye we can fly on them in the demo in a limited area :I

I don't get why they want to restrict demos (like with codes or accounts) in the first place. The point of demos is to give people a teaser for a new game, often helping sell more by letting more people find out that they like it for free who may not have bought it otherwise.

While I agree with you, I think their real intent with this demo is not to give a teaser, but to distribute this special Mega Stone. It's basically an event.
Exactly, which is why I've quit calling this a demo. It's an event, dressed up as a demo.

I'd really love to know when the US is getting this and how. I just don't want to be blindsided and find out that the codes went live and oh yeah, whoever had them is completely out so I'm screwed. I mean, that may not happen but my luck with this sort of thing ain't the greatest.

I don't get why they couldn't put the demo up on the eShop for a short period of time (say 2-3 weeks). Unless they like the craziness involved with people trying to get codes :mad:

It feels like a cruel joke by now... every time I see Serebii posting an update about the demo I'm like "!!! ...oh nevermind"

The ORAS site hasn't been updated to include Mega Beedrill, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Latios, or Mega Latias. So... there is still some hope of news in the near future.

It feels like a cruel joke by now... every time I see Serebii posting an update about the demo I'm like "!!! ...oh nevermind"

You and me both. It's making me edgy, and I'm usually a patient person (and I have to be with this pack of hyenas I call a family). Either there is a problem with whatever system they're going to distribute this demo code, or we're getting the demo much, much later, neither situation I like. Sure wish they just left it as a simple eShop download. Sure, it may mean that the system could crash, but at least everyone would have a fair shot in getting it without jumping through hoops or playing the waiting game.

I guess NoA is waiting until GameStop is done with its other serial code events to give them the demo codes.

The ORAS site hasn't been updated to include Mega Beedrill, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Latios, or Mega Latias. So... there is still some hope of news in the near future.

The English website won't be updated until this month's CoroCoro is officially released in Japan.

I guess NoA is waiting until GameStop is done with its other serial code events to give them the demo codes.

The English website won't be updated until this month's CoroCoro is officially released in Japan.

But..GS will have the Gengar event followed by the Diancie event, they won't be done until Nov. 16. That's too long of a wait.

But..GS will have the Gengar event followed by the Diancie event, they won't be done until Nov. 16. That's too long of a wait.

Agreed. And I really don't want it to be a serial code. I already have to go through that for Gengar and Diance, IIRC. And I'm scared of people behind desks >.< :p

That's five days before release. Back then, didn't they mention something about rewards for playing the demo everyday?

ugh... keep seeing these demo updates on Serebii and it's never for the US... this is getting ridiculous...
they better say something about the US demo when they reveal the new megas and other info that was leaked from CoroCoro... which I guess would be in 1-2 days from now (it'll also be the time most of the other countries can already start playing the demo)

It should be tomorrow when the site gets updated. It is odd that NOA are keeping quiet.

(it'll also be the time most of the other countries can already start playing the demo)

Yeah and in November us in Europe have to wait a week while you in America will be playing the actual game. I'd rather not get the demo at all and have the main game the same time as everywhere else, but I guess we have different priorities.

Yeah and in November us in Europe have to wait a week while you in America will be playing the actual game. I'd rather not get the demo at all and have the main game the same time as everywhere else, but I guess we have different priorities.

Don't turn this into "US VS Europe" thing... yes, you're getting the actual game a week later and yes that sucks, but how is that relevant to the demo talk? It IS important to me to get this demo, not because I have any sort of need to get a demo for a pkmn game (none of us truly needs that, we know what to expect by now) but because this demo is very blatantly used as a way to distribute an event pkmn/mega stone... getting the actual game a week earlier won't magically give me this pkmn/mega stone, right?
(and yes I also realize they already confirmed a US demo is happening, but I'm still worried about the method it'll be distributed, since I don't actually live in the US so the way they choose to do it might affect wether or not I'll be able to get it)

Back
Top Bottom