• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS Trainer Travelog

My Skitty dominated the Cuteness Contests with max Cuteness and a set of Swagger, Tail Whip, Return, and Subsitute. Now that all of the contests have been beaten, onto Lisia.

Two days ago, I knuckled down and beat the Delta Episode. I thoroughly enjoyed it, except for the parts where it looked like Zinnia wanted to jump on top of me and claw out my eyes. When that was over and done, I headed over to the Battle Maison and tweaked Riser's moveset a little; he's now sporting Ice Punch rather than Fly. (Don't worry, I still have a Golurk as a personal transport.)

I've been grinding away both money and EXP at the Pokemon League right now. Once I've leveled up my Kangaskhan and my Greninja, I'll do a quick run-through of the Singles, then take on the Super Singles. I want Riser to get that Expert Battler ribbon and I will make sure he does.... even if it kills me! (Which it might. The Maison kinda hates me sometimes.)

I recently purchased ORAS using some old gamestop cards. Went through the game, but decided to stop because I desperately needed a fire type, and I dislike Poochyena. So far I beat Roxanne and I'm essentially stalling, waiting for someone to tradeback my Charmander...
seems fun, graphics be much impressive

Just managed to beat the Beauty Contest and get all the Contest Ribbons for my 6IV Golett. I'm planning on popping him in the box, leveling up my Kangaskhan and Greninja then start taking on the Battle Maison so I can earn both BP and Ribbons. If I can plan it all right, Riser will have 24 Ribbons and Grand Riser should have 23. Wish me luck on this.

3 hours 16 minutes

Today I opened my copy of Omega Ruby that I purchased back in November and got straight to it.

My starter this time is Mudkip, who I've nicknamed 'Barbosa', and this time I planned my team prior to starting this adventure. I used only Barbosa until I reached Rustboro, where I found someone willing to trade their Makuhita for a Slakoth. I went back to get one in Petalburg Woods and traded it for the fighting type. I wasn't expecting to get a Makuhita until Granite Cave, so I was pretty happy to get it sooner. I also caught a Poochyena for backup (which wasn't needed), a Zigzagoon for HMs, and an Abra for Flash.

Roxanne was easy with water and fighting Pokemon used against her. And I quickly got rid of Team Magma and helped Mr. Briney. Whilst doing so, Barbosa evolved!

Still with only 2 Pokemon, they were quick to level up and I defeated Brawly. Now I am in Slateport, about to deliver some goods to Capt. Stern.

Team:

Barbosa (Marshtomp, M) - lvl 18
Makit (Makuhita, M) - lvl 18

Hoenn Pokedex:

Pokemon Caught - 7
Pokemon Seen - 27

I beat the Elite Four for the first time a while back, and I've gotten through the Delta Episode and the Battle Resort. I also caught all the mirage spot legendaries (except for Cresselia. I'm still waiting on her). Now, I've started breeding for a new double battle team. I managed to hatch myself a 6-IV perfect Beldum a few days a go. :)

7 hours 33 minutes

After beating Brawly I went to talk with Steven at Granite Cave. I was sent to Slateport and delivered some goods to Capt. Stern. After taking care of some Magma Grunts I explored the city. I picked up the Alakazite and met Lisia. I haven't done anything related to contests in Alpha Sapphire yet, and I probably won't in Omega Ruby until I've entered the Hall of Fame.

On Route 110 I caught an Electrike and named him Donner. I did the first maze of the Trick House and battled May. I didn't do much in Mauville at first except get the Mach Bike. Before facing Wattson I battled the trainers on Route 118. Donner started off at level 10, while Barbosa and Makit were around 20, so it was a bit laborious switching Donner in and out so many times. I did the same when battling Wattson.

There was no real trouble when battling Wattson. I taught Donner Volt Switch immediately as he desperately needed a special attack.

I ventured to Verdanturf and leveled Makit to 25, but I did not evolve him. I'll wait until I get my next team member.

Team:

Barbosa (Marshtomp, M) - lvl 25
Makit (Makuhita, M) - lvl 25
Donner (Electrike, M) - lvl 23

Hoenn Pokedex:

Caught - 8
Seen - 51

On Omega Ruby I am doing a Nuzlocke run. Ruben (my OR trainer) got roughed up a bit by Roxanne and her Rock Tomb but Treecko pulled the team through without any casualties and now they're in Dewford, dreading the upcoming match against Brawly because it could mean curtains for Banzai, Zigzag, and Nayann.

Meanwhile, blood has already been spilled in Alpha Sapphire, where my AS trainer is doing a Wonderlocke. The only team mebers not traded for are Zexx the Torchic and Shenzi the (Ice Fang) Poochyena, as they predate the acquisition of the ORAS PSS. Outside of them, the team had consisted of a Sneasel, Wurmple, Caterpie, and Ralts. Having 4 of 6 party members vulnerable to Rock means I'm lightyears away from taking Roxanne on for sure, just like how poor Charmander was hung out to dry back in Gen 1. The game must have taken pity on me, though, because it pit me up against that one trainer east of Rustboro who has a Marill sporting the dreaded Defense Curl + Rollout combo -- which killed Ralts, Wurmple (by then a Silcoon), and Caterpie (by then a Butterfree). They died for the team (with some String Shots, Growls, and so on to give the survivors a fighting chance).

Their replacements are Pidove, (and after a minor rule change*) Ferroseed, and Whismur. Ferroseed alone should be able to tip the Gym Leader battle in my favor, provided I can get him to the Gym Leader before he gets too cocky to follow orders.

* - (The rule change made was "replacements cannot belong to the same evolutionary line as the deceased". This was because the postmortem Wonder Trades initially yielded a Cascoon and Wurmple)

Last edited:
Replaying Alpha Sapphire over Spring Break. Probably won't finish the whole thing within the week alone though as I don't like to rush through the games, even in replays. My team is already fully planned out, but I will probably use other captures before I get the team members I want.

Current team
Kenni (Torchic)-She'll be on final team. Lv 13.
Shenzi (DexNav Ice Fang Poochyena)-She won't be on the final team, but I'm keeping her around until my later captures come. She gave me my win over Roxanne:) Lv 12.
Korra (Zigzagoon)-She's also going to be on the final team. Lv 12.

Current location: Dewford town training for second gym battle.

Latest progress report in my Alpha Sapphire Wonderlocke is this....

I was really worried taking a team into Brawly's Gym with four party members (Sneasel, Ferroseed, Whismur, and Shenzi my Poochyena) vulnerable to Fighting. None of that ultimately mattered, though, because once Pidove learned Air Cutter, she swept everything Brawly could throw at her in 2-3 hits each. Brawly's Pokemon were too busy trying to Bulk Up to actually launch any attacks, and I won without taking a single hit. How often does that happen against a Gym Leader of all things?

And so the team has arrived safely in Slateport by now. I know there's a rival battle halfway to Mauville coming up, but for now, all's good.

Defeated Brawly with a super underlevled team. Kenni was lv 14. and the other 2 were lv 13. A huge combination of Sand Attacks and Growls is what led us to victory. Korra ended up being the one to take out Makuhita after Kenni severely weakened him. I turned on the Exp. Share to do some training with the trainers on Route 109 and gain a few levels. During the training Kenni evolved.

Got to Slateport where Korra won a Cuteness Contest and in doing so we got our next team member Kanti the Pop Star Pikachu. Also caught a Plusle named Dedede.

Battled Brendan for what seemed like an eternity with his annoying Shroomish. After battling the Super Nerd up ahead Shenzi evolved.

Current team
Kenni (Combusken) Lv. 19 Improved since evolving.
Shenzi (Mightyena) Lv. 18 Stared to lag a bit, but the recent evolution should change that.
Korra (Zigzagoon) Lv. 19 Honestly the most dependable team member right now.
Kanti (Pop Star Pikachu) Lv. 20 She'll be on the final team. Haven't used her much yet since the rest of the team needs to catch up, but damn is she adorable in PokemonAmie.
Dedede (Plusle) Lv. 17 He won't be on the final team, but I like Plusle so I thought I'd let him tag around:)

Currently location: Mauville City

I had a busy weekend. I completed the Hoenn Dex on Friday, and on Sunday I finished the Kanto Dex. I am currently working on the Johto Dex. This whole having a job thing is really hindering my progress on Pokemon.

Took on Wattson. Shenzi had a bit of trouble with Volt Switch from Magnemite and Voltorb, but she narrowly managed to pull through and beat Magnemite. Kenni weakened both Voltorb and Magneton before falling to Magneton's Volt Switch. DeDeDe took both of them out.

Headed to Route 117 to enter the contest in Verdanturf. After battling the first set of trainers, Korra evolved into the Avatar. Entered Shenzi in a Coolness Contests where she dominated. After my contest fun we headed up to Fallarbor Town which is where we currently are. Entered Dedede in a Coolness Contest which he managed to win. I figured that I ought to give these two their contest time to shine since they'll be leaving the team after a while. Also, after beating Gabby and Ty, with Dedede and Shenzi, for my interview I told them Mighty Plus and when Aarune asked me what I say when I'm happy I responded Plusle+Mightyena :)

Current team
Kenni (Combusken) Lv. 23 Getting better. Not bad by any means, but is probably the least dependable member now.
Shenzi (Mightyena) Lv. 23 Improved since her evolution and back into the swing of things.
Korra (Linoone) Lv. 22 Still pretty reliable.
Kanti (Pop Star Pikachu) Lv. 22 Doing good so far.
DeDeDe (Plusle) Lv. 22 Taken Korra's place as the most dependable member.

Current location Fallarbor Town.

Lol, yep. Though mine was kind of a last minute decision since I forgot to plan out a naming theme this time around:p

Been a while since my last update. Team Magma just stole the submarine at Slateport. I have 6 badges. My team consists of:

Sceptile (Kain)
Gallade (Galahad)
Donphan (Hathi)
Crobat (Vincent)
Manectric (Tron)
Mawile (Mandi)
Sharpedo (Jaws)
Vulpix (Din)

Masquerain (Bubbles)

HM Slave: Linoone (Rock Smash, Strength, Surf, Cut)

I basically dropped Hariyama, Swellow, and Koffing, that I had before. Not sure if they'll come back or not, probably not. I also used Slaking and Latios for a while, mostly for HMs. I still use them every once in a while. I bolded new members, since last time. A few evolved, like my Grovyle into Sceptile and Golbat into Crobat. Heading towards Lilycove soon.

In other news, my National Pokedex (which I'm mostly working on in AS) is up to around 630 or so obtained! Getting there! Still working on my living pokedex, which is up to around 550 or so?

Saved Professor Cozmo and beat Archie in a battle that seemed to take forever due to how under-leveled we were and the fact that I specifically wanted Kanti to take out Sharpedo. Went down to the Jagged Pass to catch our next team member, a Spoink named Kazoo. Went back to Cycling Road to train him up a bit. He also made his gym battle debut against Flannery since he has Thick Fat and ended up beating most of the trainers in her gym.

Kanti started off against Slugma, but I switched into Kazoo since an Overheat would have killed Kanti. Kazoo took a critical hit Overheat and didn't even lose half of his health. And he 3 levels lower than Slugma. Though I think he does have an SpD boosting nature:p He got off a Confuse Ray before I switched back into Kanti. She ended up winning. Switched backed into Kazoo who, after a lot of Confuse Rays ended up beating Numel. Left Kazoo in to weaken Torkoal which he did, but he unfortunately fainted in the process:( Sent out Kenni to finish off Torkoal with some Double Kicks.

After the battle I declined going to Petalburg with Brendan for the first time so I could get the Claw Fossil, who will be revived into the next team member. After getting the Fossil we went back to Petalburg.

Current team
Kenni (Combusken) Lv. 27 Still one of the least dependable members.
Shenzi (Mightyena) Lv. 25 Still doing well. Unfortunately her time on the team is coming to an end though she was great while she lasted.
Korra (Linoone) Lv. 26 Second most reliable team member.
Kanti (Pop Star Pikachu) Lv. 26 Probably the least dependable member currently due to such low defense.
DeDeDe (Plusle) Lv. 25 This little guy continues to impress me. Makes me sad he won't be on the team forever.
Kazoo (Spoink) Lv. 23 Pretty awesome for a new member.

Current location: Petalburg City

I spent last night trading on the GTS trying to complete the Johto Dex. I am making good progress. I got a Tyranitar and Stantler among others.

Revived our newest team member, Kaleidoscope the Anorith. Unfortunately, that meant that Shenzi had to be placed in the PC. I kept DeDeDe over her despite the type overlap with Kanti because he's honestly the best member of the team right now and I recently used a Mightyena in Omega Ruby.

Just like with Kazoo and Flannery's gym, Norman's gym was pretty much where Kaleidoscope did his leveling up (with the aid of several potions and other ream members). As for the gym battle itself, I went in with DeDeDe, Korra, and Kaleidoscope. My initial plan was to basically have DeDeDe weaken them with Charm, Volt Switch out, then let the others handle the rest. Well my plan didn't take into how fast Slaking was and how frail DeDeDe is. So instead I had Korra start with Baby-Doll Eyes then switch to DeDeDe who'd Charm on a Truant turn, then Volt Switch to Kaleidoscope. Kaleidoscope eventually beat Slaking 1 with a bunch of Fury Cutters. Korra beat Vigortoth after being Encored into Baby-Doll Eyes, Paralyzing it with Secret Power, and some Flinches from Headbutt.

Slaking 2 was my major concern with Chip Away. I used the Baby-Doll Eyes and Charm+Volt Switch Strategy and everything was looking fine. Then I realized hat I used my last Hyper Potion on DeDeDe. Next Kaleidoscope got hit by Swagger. I healed the confusion with a Persim Berry hoping the Slaking would use another move. He used Swagger again and Kaleidoscope almost killed himself. I healed again him again Slaking used Swagger one more time. Fortunately, he broke trough the confusion to use Rock Tomb which did a ton of damage and slowed Slaking down. Finished him off with Fury Cutter and won without having anyone faint:)

Went to back Mauville City with Wally where I healed and am preparing to head to the Weather Institute.

Current team
Kenni (Combusken) Lv. 27 Slightly improving.
Korra (Linoone) Lv. 28 Still one of the better teammates due to Baby-Doll Eyes and high attack.
Kanti (Pop Star Pikachu) Lv. 26 Gotten a bit better since learning Spark.
DeDeDe (Plusle) Lv. 28 Though he'll soon be departing, he was awesome for his entire time with us.
Kazoo (Spoink) Lv. 24 Still doing well.
Kaleidoscope (Anorith) Lv. 24 Great start due to his moves and typing during the current point in the story.

Current location: Mauville City

Revived our newest team member, Kaleidoscope the Anorith. Unfortunately, that meant that Shenzi had to be placed in the PC.
Interesting clause. I've already defined my revival clauses, myself -- i.e. standard revives may be used in the same battle as the KO (because it costs the player a turn to use it, possibly at the expense of another party member), but have yet to actually test it.

I spent last night trading on the GTS trying to complete the Johto Dex. I am making good progress. I got a Tyranitar and Stantler among others.

Surprised you managed to get them, especially Tyranitar. Everyone always asking for mythical Pokemon :p

Battled May in Lilycove. Won quickly and easily. Galahad the Gallade wiped most of her team.

Back
Top Bottom