• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS Trainer Travelog

Replaying ORAS

Name: Diego
Time: 11:04
Pokedex: 79
Gym Badges: 3

In rotation: Raichu (@31), Stoutland (@34), Sceptile (@36), Sableye (@27), Graveler (@30), and Pelipper (@33).

Got Dialga from a trade and went and caught Giratina. One soft reset due to a synchronize fail, and 40 Luxury balls wasted.
During chain-breeding for a good synchronizer, I found out how to bike non-stop around the Battle Resort. Now I can clip the circle pad and do other stuff while May is riding her bike around and around. The only downside is that the course gets broken whenever there's a system message, but eh, it's still a long loop.

in evergrande city now although it will be a while before i tackle vr and the E4 as i know plan to basck track and go relicanth hunting so i can catch the 3 golems then go after heatran and ho-oh then go after the last of the 3 lake guardians so i can unlock palkia and catch that to then go to the talking the rest

i just caught as luvdisc for entertainment

Just caught Groudon last night; it took me three resets but I got him as Adamant. The snot-rag nearly destroyed my team--he took down my level 63 Gallade, took down my level 66 Bisharp and was giving my level 65 Golurk a lot of trouble. So out came the Master Ball and that ended that.

I haven't gone up against Wallace yet. I want to explore Sea Mauville and get some of the items there, then level up my Prize Money O Power. I'm sitting at $350,000+ and I really need $999,999. I want that Royal Gorgeous Ribbon for Riser. Even if it takes me thirty entries into the Hall of Fame, it WILL happen.

I also beat the crap out of Lisia not once but twice. The first time was a bit of a joke, as I used the Cosplay Pikachu in the Cool Contest. The second I used my level 65 Golurk in the Cleverness Contest and he stomped her without breaking a sweat. As long as Ali won't Mega evolve, you're golden it would seem.
Just beat Courtney in OR. She creeps me out.

Not looking forward to Tate and Liza...

Edit: Just battled Tate and Liza...

Why do I always get mollywhopped?

What's hard about them o.o, they only have two Pokemon!
They're tough if you're not ready for them. I just used my Golurk and Bisharp and KO'd them with two moves.

Granted, back in the day they had me swearing but I didn't exactly have a favorite Ghost or Dark type back then. Oh, how I love my ceramic ghost robot and my bladed assassin.

So I just started my Alpha Sapphire game (hey, it's not my fault about 6 games were released on November 19th). I was getting suspiciously teary-eyed for most of the starting sequence and Littleroot. SO MANY MEMORIES.

Anyway, I got a Treecko, which is one of my favourite Pokemon which I have strangely never used. I was lucky and got one with a modest nature, with middling SpA and Speed and great HP. My Attack IV is about 4: that's good, since Sceptile doesn't really use attack and you want low attack to minimise confusion and foul play damage. However, I'm now trying to battle May's Torchic and the only useful moves I have are physical. I've just lost to her about three times and it is getting ridiculous. I refuse to take the loss, so I'm resetting for a lucky crit.

Cunt punted Team Aqua away from Professor Cosmo and the Meteorite. From there I defeated Flannery and Norman in quick succession. Norman was a little bit trickier than anticipated; I underestimated how bulky Slakings were. It went smoothly overall though. After I defeated Norman, I shuffled around my team some and then defeated Winona.

Name: Diego
Time: 20:00
Pokedex: 117
Gym Badges: 6

In rotation: Raichu (@49), Stoutland (@50), Sceptile (@50), Flygon (@48), Crobat (@47), Milotic (@30).

I haven't been able to play for the past several days due to work. The last time I played was on Tuesday when I beat the Elite 4 for the first time.
My team is:
Groudon lvl 60 (with Red Orb)
Mightyena lvl 68
Breloom lvl 65
Swampert lvl 67 (with Swampertite)
Alakazam lvl 71 (with Alakazite)
Linoone lvl 67

Playtime 38 hours

I think I have a day off in about a week and a half. Can't wait to playthrough the Delta Episode!

So as of right now, I'm letting my 3DS catch a charge as I stand in front of a defeated Drake. I took down all his Dragons with a combination of my level 73 Gallade, my level 80 Bisharp, my level 80 Golurk and my level 100 Golurk who kicks so much skidplate that he journeyed through space and time from Unova to join me in Hoenn (Riser). I've been through most of Victory Road and battled Wally.... that theme...! Dear Primus, that theme! I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I heard it. (And I'll admit it: seeing Gallade Mega Evolve gave me goosebumps.)

The E4 themselves haven't been terribly difficult but I haven't faced Steven yet. I'm hoping things go as well with him as it did with everyone else so Riser can get yet another brand new sparkly Ribbon. XD

I caught Regigigas today, which took about 13 Dusk Balls, and grinded enough Battle Points to teach my Sceptile Dragon Pulse and Giga Drain respectively.

Last edited:
Well, today I realised I never gave Kyogre the blue orb to hold. I didn't know Kyogre was supposed to hold it. I got all the way through the E4 & Episode Delta before I realised nothing was going to happen and I better Google to find out what I missed lol.

Also I don't remember Cobalion being so hard to catch, damn it. The only balls that bounced more than once were quick balls so I ended up SRing until one worked. I had an easier time catching Rayquaza & Deoxys in one go!!

Has anyone else used the free Beldum in their in-game team and incorporated it into their story?

I didn't but every let's play I saw on youtube does.

I leveled up most of my pokemon to be maison fit. New additions are Beedrill, Altaria and my awesome new Contrary Serperior. Am now trying to breed for Garchomp, Camerupt and Sharpedo.

Has anyone else used the free Beldum in their in-game team and incorporated it into their story?

I did. I always wanted to use a Beldum as a starter (without having to trade), and it had a decent moveset instead of having just Take Down. And it had a Metagrossite. AND it was a shiny - a free shiny.

I evolved a Weedle into a Beedrill for the sake of using mega evolution. I also leveled up a few Skiddos for egg moves.

Usually the only gift/event Pokemon I tend to use is Lapras but I've loved having Iron Man (Metagross), Sif (Latias) and Thor (Kyogre) on my team. I didn't do Megas until I encountered Lysandre's Mega Gyarados in Y and realised I had nothing to counter it. Steelix won by the skin of his teeth so I leapt on Metagross this time round lol.

No. As you can tell from my avatar (which I really should change), shiny Metagross is my favourite Pokemon. It absolutely broke me when I found out the OT was Steven.

So I've now cleared the HoF and am now Champion. The Delta Episode is in its very early stages and I want to keep it that way for a little bit; I've been hunting Mirage spots like a madwoman. I've already caught Cobalion and Azelf and as of right now, I'm standing before the hoop that hold Reshiram. In the case of Reshi, I may have to leave and come back later: I have berries planted and I don't want to lose them. But I won't be going on in the Delta Ep until I have myself a nice sparkly Reshiram. (Yep, going for the shiny since I couldn't in Unova. Wish me luck on that...)

And I also finally got the Gorgeous Royal Ribbon for my Golur Riser. I just wish I could get him the Expert Battler Ribbon; right now he's at 23 Ribbons total iirc.

Made progress on catching every Pokemon on each route. I've completed routes 101 and 102 so far. I also got every Pokemon from Sootopolis City and the Cave of Origin, though that's mostly because I used those Pokemon in my main story team. :p

In the meantime though, I'm gonna go search for a three-star Ponyta with Flash Fire and Morning Sun. Wish me luck! Also gotta go to...I think it's Mirage Mountain to catch a three-star Zebstrika with Sap Sipper (if that's possible?). I gotta have my well-trained equine Pokemon! Hopefully there will be another Keldeo event so I can have all three in my team. :3 (I don't want to trade away the Keldeo I have in my X game, he's staying in my Kalos team)

Back
Top Bottom