• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS Trainer Travelog

40 hours 50 minutes

Archie's Mega Sharpedo was no match for my team as their levels were several higher than his. After he woke Kyogre, I made my way to Sootopolis. I trekked through the Cave of Origin and met Kyogre. We had an epic battle, but Geico ended up knocking it out. Since it will return after I enter the HOF, I wasn't going to spend an unknown amount of time SRing to get the right Kyogre (not yet anyway). And it was quite the cut scene that played afterward.

I went around the city talking to everyone and getting everything I could. The last stop for me was the gym. I'm so happy it looks like a water gym now. I thought Wallace would be easier with the like weaknesses his Pokemon share, but that Milotic was tough. She took out Hyness quickly (the only Pokemon on my team with an electric attack) and nearly took out Geico. Three of my Pokemon fainted in the battle, and Frosty actually did better than I thought he would given his attacks aren't very effective against water types. Skye finished the battle with a Quick Attack to Wallace's Seaking. I'll replace Frosty's Dive with Waterfall as soon as I'm done diving. I've had enough of trainers with water types, but I'm sure I'll battle more before I reach Ever Grande.

Before leaving Sootopolis I used the Eon Flute. It is amazing. I thought it would be automatic but I can go anywhere, it's awesome! I spent a good ten minutes just flying all over the region, and even tried going into Mt. Chimney. I passed by some Mirage Spots, but didn't go in. I'll save those for after the E4. I'm also saving the Nat Dex for post E4 as well.

Next up, more trainer battles and Ever Grande City!

Team:

Geico (Sceptile, M) - 48
Hyness (Mightyena, F) - 48
Skye (Swellow, F) - 48
Nora (Aggron, F) - 47
Orodruin (Camerupt, M) - 48
Frosty (Walrein, M) - 47

Hoenn Pokedex:

Caught - 17
Seen - 165

Not that much playtime today, but I'm definitely having fun with this game. Today I took on the Mossdeep gym and ended up in Sootopolis for a short rest.

- I love what they have done to the Mossdeep gym. The "floating" animation just looks so natural for a Psychic gym and it kinda reminds me of the scene in the anime when Tate and Liza used Confusion to simulate low gravity while battling each other. The trainers themselves were pretty difficult as a surprise Power Gem KOed my Beautifly and a Starmie kept confusing me and recovering off the damage (though its weak moves did nothing as it was stalling) The gym battle itself was pretty fun; I wish they would implement more Double Battle gyms in the future. It's a nice feature that keeps this gym unique and surprising. Most of my team ended up either fainted or with less than half health at the end of the gym.

- After leaving the gym, the earth-shaking disaster really startled me as I was not expecting that (I don't think that was in the original games at least). It was also dark out and my character seemed really frightened, adding to the ominous effect. After that I picked up the gear from Steven and went off on my journey.

- Dive is just so awesome in these games; I love the new Devon gadgets my character wears underwater. There is much to do in the sea as well, with tons of trainers below and above the water, and hidden paths to Secret Bases, items, etc. Hoenn truly feels like the ultimate region to me.

- Before I stop Team Aqua from their misguided plans, I decided to take a nice break in the crater of Sootopolis where I have currently saved. My character is looking at herself in the water, wondering about how much has changed ever since our departure from Littleroot.

- 26 hours playing the game (probably more due to the fact I took two days SRing for Latias) and I'm still not finished with the game. Usually if this were any other game, I would be done by now. I've been spending quite some time with the new features such as DexNav, but in other games I would try out their features too. Maybe I'm having too much fun in Hoenn and I want this experience to last forever, but it seems like the game is longer than others. Anyways, I'm getting close to the end here; there is no stopping my adventure now.

- My team: Level 44 Blaziken, Swellow, Aggron; Level 46 Skitty, Altaria, Beautifly

Cleared up to 45 streaks in Battle Maison Super Multi with Maxie as my partner and lost the 46th battle D: I went with Steven initially, but we were getting shakey around the 15th streak. (Our pokemons don't cover enough weaknesses). Maxie's team balances mine better. His Crobat and Mega Camerupt were extremely helpful.

We were doing so well - 5 more till 50 wins, and they started pouring legendaries on us since the 41st battle. Regirock, Tornadus, Latias, Moltres... welp

I guess I'll try again with Steven.

Last edited:
Arrived in Mossdeep. After some exploration (dat space centre camera angle), I decided to check out Shoal Cave - it was high tide when I arrived, so I really only grabbed some Shoal Shells and left. I'll explore it in low tide after Wallace.
Design-wise, Mossdeep Gym is my favourite - a definite improvement over the originals (and Emerald's redesign) imo. In any case, Tate & Liza were an interesting case, as their difficulty didn't drop despite my usage of mons with area-wide moves (Surf and Discharge); now this is what a gym battle should be. Take notes XY.
Afterwards, I watched the Seafloor Cavern cutscene (I had to redo the gym battle twice because I just had to watch it more than once - I didn't save immediately after beating the twins) and obtained Dive from Steven.
For the time being, I boxed Ninetales (via process of elimination) and took out a recently caught Wailmer as I didn't want to give Dive to Swampert.

I am now at the Seafloor Cavern, armed with a freshly evolved Metagross and ready to face Archie.

Current Team:
  • Swampert lv.42
  • Gallade lv.43
  • Manectric lv.41
  • Altaria lv.41
  • Metagross lv.45
  • Wailmer lv.30 (Temporary HM Slave)

After Victory Road, my team entered the Pokemon league at these levels:

Sceptile lv. 59
Mightyena lv. 58
Ninetales lv. 58
Gallade lv. 57
Crobat lv. 58
Gyarados lv. 57

I didn't have much trouble winning, even at Steven. Though some of his and the E4's moves caught me off guard, like Sidney's Absol using Aerial Ace when I had Mega Sceptile out. And I got slammed with some Ice Beams from Pokemon NOT belonging to Glacia. xP

But I won and can move onto the post-game! My team has now hit the level 60s too after the league battles. The Exp. Share is so helpful now. ^^

I've been trying to catch cobalion for over an hour now trying to get one with 31 attack IVs. I've managed to catch it 5 times now and I've managed to get perfect IVs in every single stat except for attack. This game is testing the utmost limits of my patience right now

I just got my third badge in OR. Many Paralyze Heals were used. :p

46 hours 1 minute

I had to battle every trainer I could find along the southern routes before heading to EGC. Took a while, too. My team was at least level 50 when I went into Victory Road. there were some tough trainers in there; my team almost lost a couple times, but they are strong.

Wally was no tougher than many others I faced before him, but that didn't mean I underestimated him, his Mega Gallade packed quite the punch. But Skye was able to take him down quickly.

I spent some time in Amie, adding another heart to each member of my team. Then I headed for the Elite 4. Geico destroyed Sidney with successive uses of X-Scissor. Hyness took care of Phoebe with its raised attack, though I took some casualties. Glacia was probably the toughest of the 4, her Walrein took out 2 of my team members. But Nora and Orodruin made quick work of her other Pokemon. I was worried when Frosty was confused by Flygon's supersonic, but he managed to not hit himself and dealt OHKOs to most of Drake's team. I'm glad I put him on my team. Knowing Steven favored Steel and Rock types, Orodruin was sent out first and did serious damage with Eruption and Earth Power. I switched him with Nora and Steven sent in Armaldo. For the first time in the game, I used Mega Evolution, and evolved Nora. She was powerful before, but after Mega Evolution she became something else. Iron Head was more than enough to get rid of the two fossils. And as for Mega Metagross, Nora used Rock Tomb several times. All Steven used was Giga Impact, but Nora was tired so I switched in Hyness and dealt the final blow to Metagross.

Skye was barely used in the E4 battles. I kinda felt bad.

The credits scene was very nice, with the images showing me and my team's journey. I got nostalgia remembering the original credits. I had no idea the little pond during the opening was the same on Route 103. In retrospect, it's kind of obvious if you looked at it before. But still very cool. My next battle with May was nice, I wasn't expecting a Raichu (who got taken out by Skye and also took out Skye). Mega Evolved Nora defeated her Mega Blaziken. All in all, a satisfying ending to the game.

Then the prelude to the Delta Episode popped up! Can't wait to see what that's all about.

Team:

Geico (Sceptile, M) - 54
Hyness (Mightyena, F) - 54
Skye (Swellow, F) - 52
Nora (Aggron, F) - 53
Orodruin (Camerupt, M) - 55
Frosty (Walrein, M) - 54

Hoenn Pokedex:

Caught - 17
Seen - 185

I just completed the Delta Episode! I must say I kinda really liked it. It was pretty cool! I caught both Rayquaza and Deoxys too. Rayquaza went in a single Great Ball (I guess for story purposes, it has a high catch rate) and I used my Master Ball on Deoxys.

I don't know what I'm going to do next. Probably just run around and wait for mirage spots.

I have defeated Wallace and am now proceeding to Victory Road. After much deliberation, I have decided to face the E4 with the following team:

Gecko, the Sceptile (L 47)
Risa, the Mightyena (L 47)
Hazel, the Azumarill (L 46)
Vixen, the Ninetales (L 46)
Venus, the Milotic (L 46)
Yuki, the Froslass (L 46)

Here I go!

Acquired a Mudkip (GTS for a female one then bred it for a attack+ one) then leveled it up to Marshtomp.

Beat the Mauville Gym whilst feeling cheap.

Won clever contests up to master, losing narrowly in the master rank.

Grovyle LV23
Marshtomp LV23
Swellow LV22
Metang LV22
Electrike LV22
Zigzagoon Lv7

Still breeding for all my Pokemon to come back. The mixed spread curse followed me all the way to Hoenn since all I've got the past 30 or so eggs were mixed spreads (get it through your processor Blastoise doesn't need it's mother******ing attack stat). On the plus side I did manage to breed my perfect eevee with its HA to evolve into sylveon.

48 hours 25 minutes

The Delta Episode was awesome! I didn't know what to think of Zinnia. She was hindering our progress at stopping the meteoroid and then helping me (or coaxed me to help her). So her plan was to have Kyogre awaken, revert to its primal self, therefore beckoning Rayquaza to do its thing in stopping Kyogre, then to also destroy the meteoroid (sort of a "2 birds 1 stone" thing). The earth would probably have been destroyed since Rayquaza couldn't Mega Evolve, though. It was pretty cool going to and fro trying to get the pieces to stop the crisis. It was fast paced which worked, since you know, a meteoroid was heading for Hoenn.

I wasn't expecting to battle Wallace again, and was pleasantly surprised to see his Emerald team. Speaking of Wallace, I liked how GF nodded to him being the champion instead of Steven. Adds a bit of a bridge between RSE.

I like this Sky Pillar more than the original, because I didn't have to worry about falling through holes. And it had a nice story to go with it.

I heard Rayquaza was a mandatory capture, so I saved before I battled it. I SR'd about a dozen times before I got the one I wanted with a Quick Ball (now I'm saving my Master Ball for a later battle). Zinnia's team was nothing compared to Mega Rayquaza, just Dragon Pulse after Dragon Pulse. I wish I didn't spoil myself regarding Deoxys. I probably would have hyperventilated. Unfortunately, I didn't catch it. I'll try again after my E4 rematch. I liked the final scenes, resolution and a calmness over Hoenn. The Delta Episode was great.

Later, I got the S.S. Ticket from Norman, and the Latiosite from Mom. Then I got a massive shock when I went to rescue Prof. Birch: Johto starters! I was not expecting that (a bit more of Emerald, very nice) since I had a full team and wasn't expecting to grab a new Pokemon at the moment. I chose Cyndaquil. I then got the Nat Dex from him immediately after.

I guess that's it for the main story. I really enjoyed it. I'll be playing Omega Ruby when I get a New 3DS XL, but for now I'll check out what Hoenn has to offer for its Champion.

Team:

Geico (Sceptile, M) - 56
Hyness (Mightyena, F) - 55
Skye (Swellow, F) - 55
Nora (Aggron, F) - 55
Orodruin (Camerupt, M) - 55
Frosty (Walrein, M) - 56

Hoenn/National Pokedex:

Caught - 18/19
Seen - 187/203

After beating Archie (dat background) in a fairly easy battle (only M-Sharpedo gave me trouble), I witnessed Kyogre's awakening. I then flew to Sootopolis, met up with Steven and Wallace, then headed for the Cave of Origin, where I encountered Archie, Shelly and Maxie. Primal Kyogre itself took 3 tries: 1st attempt, my team was KO'd; 2nd attempt, I KO'd Kyogre. The pre-battle cutscene was amazing, so no complaints here, the last attempt only took me around 6 or 7 Net Balls.
Once everything was settled, I healed up and challenged Sootopolis Gym. Wallace himself wasn't much of a hassle - all I really had to do was watch Gallade and Manectric's health.
Rain Badge in hand, I headed for Ever Grande City after some backtracking. Temporarily gave Gallade and Metagross HMs for exploring Victory Road (will delete these shortly afterwards). The dungeon itself wasn't difficult, although some aspects that weren't in the originals caught my off-guard.
Encountered Wally at the end; I have to say, I love the background and music in this battle. In any case, he wasn't too much of a challenge either - apart from my own Altaria and Gallade, I used two other mons once. Felt it was fitting to send out M-Swampert against his M-Gallade.

Currently collecting Secret Base flags whilst level grinding for the Elite Four thanks to Gabby & Ty. I'm aiming for lv.52.

Current Team:
  • Swampert lv.49
  • Gallade lv.48
  • Manectric lv.48
  • Altaria lv.48
  • Metagross lv.48
  • Ninetales lv.49

Traded over an old Hoenn pokemon to receive the certificate from the GameFreak NPC. Redecorated my Base.
Went to the Desert to pick up the Claw Fossil. Currently too lazy to capture the Regis.
Found a Kecleon hiding in the Space Center and caught it.
Caught Tornadus and Mespirit.

Travel Log through AS: May contain spoilers
Well rather than make a huge post, I'd rather list the things I did in Alpha Sapphire since yesterday like so:

-Stormed Team Aqua's base and defeated everyone
-Went to Mossdeep, won my Mind Badge and met with Steven (Who's badassery levels are off the scales) who gave me Dive.
-Explored the sea routes before heading to the Seafloor Cavern and watching the hilarity of Maxie admitting defeat to Archie...who got in turn wrecked by me.
-Flew back to Sootopolis and went into the Cave of Origins after a lot of neat character interactions.
-Caught Primal Kyogre in my 4th Ultra Ball.
-Won my Rain Badge from Wallace after beating him and his puzzles of annoyance.
-Went to the Waterfall that blocks the way to Victory Road's entrance, went through Victory Road itself and fought Wally with his cool battle theme. His Mega Gallade looked even better in the game than I thought.
-Healed my team and bought supplies before heading towards the doorway that leads to the Elite Four.
-Beat every single of them. In order of hardest to easiest while I was underleveled and didn't spam healing items in battle: Phoebe = Sidney > Glacia > Drake.
-Finally fought Steven...who wiped me out like five times in a row causing me to restart from my last save before his battle each time. Then, after many minutes of toil, beat him in an extremely narrow fashion. Mega Metagross is insane, and his battle theme, oh god it's perfect.
-Watched the credits scenes which were awesome, especially when it showed my Mega Sceptile battling against Steven's Mega Metagross, and had a surprise battle with Brendan, who actually Mega Evolved his Blaziken. Shame he didn't net me any EXP though, it's just like Vs. AZ in XY all over again.
-Begun the Delta Episode with my still horribly underleveled team (10 levels below the average despite battling every trainer at least once and some grinding in rematches, but decided not to use EXP Share at all barring the grinding for Wattson). Still ongoing.

Team:

Lv. 53 Mega Sceptile
Lv. 52 Pikachu
Lv. 51 Swellow
Lv. 51 Torkoal
Lv. 50 Crawdaunt
Lv. 50 Mega Glalie

Brown Pelipper's Log: Day 16

Successfully defeated the E4 and Steven. Glacia was the most challenging. Her Walrein nearly swept my team, but I got lucky with Blizzard missing twice in a row. Even though Steven's Mega Metagross had an 8 level advantage, my Ninetales OHKO'd it thanks to Drought.

Also completed the Delta Episode. I used the Master Ball on Deoxys.

My progress in this game has been slow due to having to review other games, but at about 4am this morning I beat Wallace and now, I have just defeated the Pokémon League - boy was it easy; my team was between lv.50-53 and I had no problems at all. Torkoal basically destroyed Steven =3.

My final team of six was: Sceptile, Manectric, Swalot, Torkoal, Sharpedo and Froslass.

Now, to begin the Delta Episode.

A lot has happened on Omega Ruby since my last update here, having since beaten Wattson through to Winona and reaching the end of Route 121. There have been many changes to my team with the addition of an Electrike and Slugma, the former of which is now a Manectric holding a Manectite. Marshtomp, Beldum, Taillow and Shroomish have also evolved and have all been a great help in my journey so far. I was so pleasantly surprised when I discovered I could obtain Latios as early as after getting Surf. Props to Game Freak for adding new twists such as this to make these remakes a fresh experience for us Pokemon old-timers.

The biggest surprise for me to note, however, is that I ran into and caught a random Shiny Spoink in the Jagged Pass whilst using the Acro Bike to access all of the items and trainers in the area. I never encountered a (catchable) Shiny Pokemon in the original Hoenn games, so this made me very happy!

Team:
Swampert (w/Swampertite) - Lv 39
Metang (Shiny w/Metagrossite) - Lv 34
Swellow - Lv 37
Breloom - Lv 35
Manectric (w/Manectite) - Lv 30
Slugma - Lv 29

Last edited:
jajajaja.png
I finally figured out the attachment system yay

Really proud of this team, considering its rather weak beginnings (Ralts could just not take hits, nor could Swablu actually beat something without being switched out). My opinion of my final team aside (half of which were originally planned to be used oops), I challenged the elite four yesterday afternoon after spending Sunday morning raising everyone to lv.52.

Sidney ...Well what can I say about him? He was the easiest of the bunch, having been almost swept by Gallade if it weren't for Sharpedo - Manectric took care of that. Phoebe, my favourite Elite Four member, wasn't as easy, but was still manageable; that ghost girl in her room spooked me after finally seeing it in person.
Glacia, not too difficult, although her Walrein's Sheer Cold hit twice for some unfair reason. Now for Drake. I'll be honest here, he was the reason why I never managed to beat the original Sapphire. In any case, I led with Mega Altaria with Moonblast and Dragon Pulse in tow - my strategy was to essentially keep M-Altaria alive, even if it meant sacrificing one or two team members in the process. Fortunately, I managed to win without a sacrifice.

As for Steven, well I never actually got to fight him in Sapphire, so this was pretty much the only thing new to me. What struck me as odd was the fact that he didn't heal Aggron despite Gallade bringing it down to red health twice, and instead went for Earthquake, followed by Iron Tail. Perhaps he was saving his Full Restores for M-Metagross? I don't know.
Speaking of the big bad M-Metagross itself, I figured I might as well send in Swampert for its Mega, like what I did against Wally. Felt it was fitting for my 'ace' in Mega form to defeat the Mega of the Champion's own ace with a STAB Super Effective Earthquake.

Can I just say how much I love how they remade each member's corridor? Especially Steven's, I mean walking towards massive doors the slowly open to reveal your final opponent? That is some finale worthy stuff right there. I also quite liked the background of each E4 match, and how it was as if the battles were on the bridge between each room instead.

Current Team:
  • Swampert/Aqua lv.54 (named in honour of my original Mudkip)
  • Gallade/Knight lv.54 (funny how a knight kept getting beaten before reaching his final stage)
  • Ninetales/Kitsune lv.55 (oh how I love her moveset, so glad I bred one instead of waiting)
  • Manectric/Raiju lv.53 (originally planned for Glacia, but certain things got in the way)
  • Altaria/Altair lv.54 (love how a mon originally unable to kill anything can now be counted on to kill dragons)
  • Metagross lv.53 (originally wasn't planning on using it, but here we are)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom