• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well this may not be very descriptive but we need the a remake cause we need it to have better graphics and itd be nice to go through the hoenn region again

In that case, you really don't need remakes. There was a handout for Deoxys earlier in this generation, and there is most likely going to be a direct Wi-Fi Mew distribution for all Generation IV versions.

The 10th Anniversary Mew? I suppose we may get it in North America, but it isn't exactly a "necessary" event in the way the PCP, Arceus, Regigigas, etc. giveaways were (in that they unlock special content). There hasn't been a Pokemon giveaway in quite some time that wasn't for the purpose of unlocking specific in-game features... and it's not like TPCi doesn't have lots of Japanese events to choose from if they were looking for more stuff to distribute in North America.

I'd rather wait for the next generation Nintendo handheld. I would like to revisit the region because I rather liked it. Actually not sure what the problems are that people have with R/S.

...yeah, I loved that generation! It was awesome watching the weather trio go at it!

I just hope it can get better if it can get better!

Five bucks Leaf will be referenced or seen in the remakes, if she isn't in BWG.

I wanna see how they make Steven cooler and change Brendan's design change the cults evil teams and do the big cutscene.

Last edited:
If we take a sequel route, then I hope we get to fight both May and Brenden some point in the game. Whats most confusing is which player would be portrayed as Birch's child and vice versa. I would personally like May to be Birch's kid. Brenden could either be the champion, or possibly an opponent later in the game (maybe in the BF). Ofcourse, I'm sure we wouldn't want him to be silent like Red, so he should have some nice dialog, explaining why he left the league, or something like that.

May would obviously be Birch's full fledged assistant, so maybe you can battle her after you defeat the E4. I can just imagine May in a lab coat with a small set of glasses.

If we take a sequel route, then I hope we get to fight both May and Brenden some point in the game. Whats most confusing is which player would be portrayed as Birch's child and vice versa. I would personally like May to be Birch's kid. Brenden could either be the champion, or possibly an opponent later in the game (maybe in the BF). Ofcourse, I'm sure we wouldn't want him to be silent like Red, so he should have some nice dialog, explaining why he left the league, or something like that.

May would obviously be Birch's full fledged assistant, so maybe you can battle her after you defeat the E4. I can just imagine May in a lab coat with a small set of glasses.

I actually think it should be the other way around. I dunno, I just think that since we already have Red as the canon ToJho Champion, we should get a girl as the next canon protagonist. So if they were to confirm which of the two is Norman's kid (which I doubt anyway) then I think it should be May. And she should stay silent at that. She'd be so much mor badass that way

I really dunno about a sequel, afterall a squel would be set in futur of original and thats when HGSS was set, where Hoenn legendaries now reside, not in Hoenn anymore, so how would you explain the Hoenn legendaries not being in Hoenn? WOuldn't make for a good storyline if you ask me.

I really dunno about a sequel, afterall a squel would be set in futur of original and thats when HGSS was set, where Hoenn legendaries now reside, not in Hoenn anymore, so how would you explain the Hoenn legendaries not being in Hoenn? WOuldn't make for a good storyline if you ask me.
It's been proven time and time again there's more than one copy of each Legendary Pokemon >>

Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres are in Kanto during FrLg, they're also in Kanto during HGSS and their in Sinnoh in Pt. At this point, I don't think location data matters when it comes to Legendary Pokemon. Besides, a sequel doesn't automatically mean "at the same time as HGSS". It could happen during one of the three unaccounted for years between FrLg and HGSS or it could happen after HGSS.

Hm. That sounds..Nice. But with Brendan. Brendan seems to be the Birch, from the looks of it.

I honestly don't see you battling them in a sequel though. They're still trainers, but aren't they helping their dad now?

i remember first looking at ruby and thinking
OMG this is so awesome!!! I've always had this thought of perhaps incorperating all the regions (i know its not possible) with all that data but man that'd be great i would maybe like a remake of Ruby, Sapphire and Emreald (typo) oh well, but im not all that sure because it still seems somewhat newish to me.

Isn't May Norman's kid in the anime? But then again, games do not always equal anime.

What I would love to see is something like what was done in GSC. Introduce a new region with new Pokemon. Then, after the initial E4 win, you can move on to Hoenn, go through all the cities, and battle their E4 (but with much higher leveled Pokemon. Plus, the large expanse of sea in the east of Hoenn was really exciting for me to explore and I would love to revisit it in DS graphics.

What dictates a sequel to RSE must be set 3 years after the RSE story?

Why couldn't it be further in the future?

If BW are in a time period after DPPtHGSS, then Houen-2 can also occur in said time period.

And with time travel as a possible plot device, we would also be able to see Groudon and Kyogre's original battle in ancient times. What provoked them to fight in the first place? Who made sure that Rayquaza stopped that battle? How were the orbs created? Why is the Cave of Origin even important? ... Why would anyone rather replay the RSE plot instead?

Isn't May Norman's kid in the anime? But then again, games do not always equal anime.

Yup but why does that matter?
Ruby's is Norman's in Special. How is it in Pocket Monsters though?

And with time travel as a possible plot device, we would also be able to see Groudon and Kyogre's original battle in ancient times. What provoked them to fight in the first place? Who made sure that Rayquaza stopped that battle? How were the orbs created? Why is the Cave of Origin even important? ... Why would anyone rather replay the RSE plot instead?

...you sound like you're starting to go insane. Either that, or you're just trying to be sarcastic.

...but the time traveling thing belongs to HG/SS, so it wouldn't ruin more games and raise more questions.

...And I would replay R/S/E!!! It was awesome damnit!!!

It's been proven time and time again there's more than one copy of each Legendary Pokemon >>

Some, not all. What about Rayquaza, since when and where was it said there is more than one? Also while we are on it, more than one Ho-Oh too? Also only one Arceus too.

Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres are in Kanto during FrLg, they're also in Kanto during HGSS and their in Sinnoh in Pt. At this point, I don't think location data matters when it comes to Legendary Pokemon.

Well I know its been said there are more than one roaming birds and beasts

What dictates a sequel to RSE must be set 3 years after the RSE story?

Why couldn't it be further in the future?

If BW are in a time period after DPPtHGSS, then Houen-2 can also occur in said time period.

Right now, its more likley if they redid Hoenn, it would be a remake, not a sequel and BW would be set in the same time peroid as FRLG

Right now, its more likley if they redid Hoenn, it would be a remake, not a sequel and BW would be set in the same time peroid as FRLG
Do me a favour and explain your reasoning to me, I'm obviously not getting it.

BW is a new beginning for the series, the least GameFreak can do is send us to a new time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom