• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RUMOUR: Pokemon Next Gen

Pokemon Band is a new mechanic introduced to get people involved who do not battle, a co-operative experience where Pokemon dance and make music together to achieve the highest group score..

They stole my idea! Plagiarists! I demand compensation!

In all seriousness, as everybody else pretty much said, this is fake as all get out. While some Pokemon have designs that are... lackluster... in terms of design, those starters sound incredibly ridiculous. The whole thing just screams fake. Besides, it's waaay to early to have this much information leaked.

Last edited:
not trying to cause anything but Nintendo has announced 2 straight pokemon games at around this exact time

So?

also may I remind you they kept releasing ds games after the 3ds release

Probably because they were still in development before the devs had access to the 3DS dev kits. If Game Freak was given the development kit for this as early as the rumor says, it's definitely possible for such a game to be released sooner than usual, possibly even within the launch window.

Wait....what? So not only is this a rumor that Pokemon is gonna have a home and handheld console version, but that the handheld and console are the same thing next gen? And we're what, at least 4-5 years away from the Wii U being replaced? How is this even possible to be in the beta stages already? HOW?

It probably isn't, that's why people are crying fake. The problem isn't as much that something like this isn't possible, it's that something like this isn't possible NOW. If this rumor was posted about a year or two later when they'd begin to think about next gen, it'd probably be more believable.

No it wouldn't. No rumors for Pokemon have ever been believable, and the only time they've only been right is when we're up to the release in one territory(BW) or when the worldwide release is too wide to keep everything locked up(XY). All it ever does is provide a chuckle.

It's completely possible and likely that GAME FREAK are in the Alpha phases of Generation VII brainstorming. However, I refuse to believe any of this. There is no way any information would have gotten leaked about it and especially not this much. Besides the obvious that these rumors scream fake.

Due to the economic recession going on in Japan, I think Generation VI will be the last of Pokémon. That damaged power plant just made it all worse.

It's completely possible and likely that GAME FREAK are in the Alpha phases of Generation VII brainstorming. However, I refuse to believe any of this. There is no way any information would have gotten leaked about it and especially not this much. Besides the obvious that these rumors scream fake.
I'm with you.

Game Freak is probably in the beginning stages of Gen VII but that's about it. They might have bandied about a couple of ideas for starters or the region but probably nothing more than that. We've just gotten Gen VI so I doubt we'll be seeing Gen VII that quickly. I could be wrong though so we'll see.

No.

I don't even think Generation VII is in development at all. I think Game Freak stopped completely. The economic recession is too severe. If Pokémon were to last, I think an American company would've taken over already.

No.

I don't even think Generation VII is in development at all. I think Game Freak stopped completely. The economic recession is too severe. If Pokémon were to last, I think an American company would've taken over already.

Dude, we're talking about a franchise that brings in the most money to Nintendo other than Mario, they're not stopping anytime soon. Besides, America's economy isn't doing to well either but that didn't stop Microsoft from putting out the Xbox One.

Then again maybe you're right. I would say it's too early for Generation VII though.

No it wouldn't. No rumors for Pokemon have ever been believable, and the only time they've only been right is when we're up to the release in one territory(BW) or when the worldwide release is too wide to keep everything locked up(XY). All it ever does is provide a chuckle.

Obviously that's not true if rumors have turned out right before. The point is that it's more the timing that makes this unbelievable more than the actual ideas. The ideas themselves seem more plausible than most rumors.

Joshawott summed it up best, this is a load of crap. It's very unlikely that they're this far along for a majority of the details to be correct and even if some of them were, the fact that they're in the planning stages means that they're subject to change so even more would be lost in the transition.

Fire evolves into Fire/Fairy and is a tiny cute goat with fire blowing out of its horns, it’s horns and look evolves more menacing until it has curly ram like horns and a motorcycle hot-rod-like look.
Oh my god all I can see is a flaming Skiddo on wheels with Heatmor pipes. and "danger zone" is playing in my head oh no

(Silly rumors are silly rumors, I'm too preoccupied with this gen to even start considering the next gen.)

Some of the description sounds like it is ment to be played on a console as well as a hand held. This would be a perfect fit to the Wii U's capabilities and also to what Nintendo had visualized for the system. It was made to link and download games into the 3DS as well as the gamepad controller. The system, while not graphically powerful is defidenly capable of running a MMO type game with power to spare. I do find it unlikely that Nintendo is already in the "Beta" stage of a new handheld or even a new console but this report could be quite a bit older, from when the Wii U was still deep in development. The Wii U can handle cell shading like a pro but the 3DS does struggle a little with it. The 3DS is better suited for sprites or animations that use 2D textures over a 3d model. Our Pokemon games are sprites. Cell shading has constantly changing parameters with the colors and size of the individual triangles that it takes alot of processing power, our 3DSs can do it just not with much complexity. Phantasy Star Online really pushed the abilities of the Game cube and it's Cell Shading was fairly simple, and it did use texture models for alot of the scenery on the planet. The 3DS is roughly the same graphics power of the Game Cube. I guess we will have to simply wait and see what turns out. It should also be noted that hundreds of games get pitched per year with only a small handful ever getting the green light for story boarding and developemnt, this could be a rejected pitch that found it's way online as well. The concept of the "team" seems a little too deep for most kids to understand, which would cause them to quickly loose interest in the game.

Dom

It should also be noted that hundreds of games get pitched per year with only a small handful ever getting the green light for story boarding and developemnt, this could be a rejected pitch that found it's way online as well. The concept of the "team" seems a little too deep for most kids to understand, which would cause them to quickly loose interest in the game.

Assuming the merged console is true, I don't think Nintendo would outright reject this game. They might simply say go back and create a different storyline if that's the main issue.

It should also be noted that hundreds of games get pitched per year with only a small handful ever getting the green light for story boarding and developemnt, this could be a rejected pitch that found it's way online as well. The concept of the "team" seems a little too deep for most kids to understand, which would cause them to quickly loose interest in the game.

Assuming the merged console is true, I don't think Nintendo would outright reject this game. They might simply say go back and create a different storyline if that's the main issue.

This could very well be the case. I would love a combined game, and a MMO free roaming world type Pokemon game. The Pokemon world and the storylines that have been created would make a great MMO and I think it would fit in the Pokemon formula quite well. A MMO would allow PVP (Trainer Battles) Trading and catching wild Pokemon. Along with a MMO favorite of Crafting. Our characters could apprentice to Kurt to learn the art of Pokeball making, along with Potions and other normal materials we buy could also be crafted. Missions could be endless, and I would love to get some online friends together, surf or fly to New Island and battle Mewtwo and recreate the battle of the first movie. Do something like that and defeat MewTwo would reward you and your partners with some goodies, and make Mewtwo catchable after the encounter. (after all he flies away from New Island at the end of the movie). Anyway I'm getting off on a tangent here. There are many possibilities for the OP's article from outright BS to a rejected proposal to a new console/handheld game in the works. Until GF and Nintendo release any info we are all just guessing.

Dom

Due to the economic recession going on in Japan, I think Generation VI will be the last of Pokémon. That damaged power plant just made it all worse.
Japan's economy has grown for the past 4 terms in a important way. Right now Japan is not on a recession.

No.

Dude, we're talking about a franchise that brings in the most money to Nintendo other than Mario, they're not stopping anytime soon. Besides, America's economy isn't doing to well either but that didn't stop Microsoft from putting out the Xbox One.
US's economy isn't in recession for 4 years and now they are doing better. Europe has been on recession on 2013.

And of course, this post is pure crap. It's impossible that now they are already have the idea to do all the things that they were posted in the first post.

Last edited:
The concept of the "team" seems a little too deep for most kids to understand, which would cause them to quickly loose interest in the game.
Did kids lose interest in Black/White? Because the suggested concept isn't much deeper than that of Pokémon liberation. In a nutshell, it's about forgoing Poké Balls and technology in favor of dedicating oneself to a single Pokémon as was done in the past.

As everyone else said; it's plausable that whichever team just finished working on XY is bandying ideas about the next generation while the other team is developing the next game this gen, but at this point in time it is impossible for such a vast amount of detail to be generated, and even more unbelievable that it could be leaked. Remember how 'heads will roll' for the people who got XY early? Yeah, that's the mentality we're dealing with here.

However, I must admit that the concept of a 3DS+WiiU release would intrigue me if Game Freak actually pulled that, though again it seems highly unlikely. As I recall, the last time a 'generation' was split onto two consoles it was the first mystery dungeons, which were on both GBA and DS.

However, I must admit that the concept of a 3DS+WiiU release would intrigue me if Game Freak actually pulled that, though again it seems highly unlikely. As I recall, the last time a 'generation' was split onto two consoles it was the first mystery dungeons, which were on both GBA and DS.
That is not what is being proposed here. The idea is that Nintendo will only release one system in the next generation, merging the handheld system with the console. So a game could have different features exclusive to each part of the system.

That is not what is being proposed here. The idea is that Nintendo will only release one system in the next generation, merging the handheld system with the console. So a game could have different features exclusive to each part of the system.

Apologies, I misread that. Honestly it's a little hard to read about five paragraphs worth of details you know are so blatantly false without skimming.

Back
Top Bottom