• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RUMOUR: Pokemon Next Gen

It's mostly the Pokemon descriptions that make it feel fake to me. Not because they necessarily sound fake, but just that having those usually come off more as a fan going "look at my cool ideas" than anything that'd come from an inside leak. I'd at least expect an insider to have some insight into what the Pokemon are based on conceptually, rather than just what they look like.

It will more than likely turn out to be fake, but they are interesting ideas. I like the storyline details the most.

Plus a new region (not necessarily a new generation) instead of a third version or sequels would somewhat fall in line with the Strange Souvenir from X/Y, and what the guy was saying when you spoke to him prior to him giving you the Strange Souvenir.

What seems the most fake to me is the console bit.

You're missing the point, a game like this would have to be a new generation, not simply a new region. And it probably wouldn't be the game after XY, nor the one the backpacker is referring to, it's probably be like, the third one or something and I'd guess it would release around 2016/2017. With that in mind, I think the console thing is a somewhat realistic prediction for Nintendo's next console, and one of the more realistic parts of the rumor.

Except the fact Pokemon Diamond and Pearl was released for Pokemon's 10th year, but not exact date. So it was ten. Gen V was 13, and Gen VI is 16.

God I am taking this so literal XD

Many said that about Pokemon X and Y's rumours. Especially Fairy.

And we all now that was fake as hell =_=

I see, so you meant as in the actual years. I meant more from a development standpoint.
And were that many people claiming the Fairy type was fake? I was under the impression most people believed it due to the whole dragon-superiority-inbalance.
In any case, the 'rumour' on this page, while nice in concept, is as I said as real as a female Tauros or a male Miltank - three months and they have this kind of detail, yet it took years to plan out this generation properly?

This seems cool, but it screams fake to me. Nintendo just released XY - why would there be "insider information" for the next Gen already?

Except the fact Pokemon Diamond and Pearl was released for Pokemon's 10th year, but not exact date. So it was ten. Gen V was 13, and Gen VI is 16.

God I am taking this so literal XD

Many said that about Pokemon X and Y's rumours. Especially Fairy.

And we all now that was fake as hell =_=

I see, so you meant as in the actual years. I meant more from a development standpoint.
And were that many people claiming the Fairy type was fake? I was under the impression most people believed it due to the whole dragon-superiority-inbalance.
In any case, the 'rumour' on this page, while nice in concept, is as I said as real as a female Tauros or a male Miltank - three months and they have this kind of detail, yet it took years to plan out this generation properly?

Too be fair, the majority of games are developed for huge periods of time.

And if this game is ony coming out 3-4 years from now, it isn't exactly the most ridiculous thing.

It's mostly the Pokemon descriptions that make it feel fake to me. Not because they necessarily sound fake, but just that having those usually come off more as a fan going "look at my cool ideas" than anything that'd come from an inside leak. I'd at least expect an insider to have some insight into what the Pokemon are based on conceptually, rather than just what they look like.
That's pretty much what has me saying "BS" to this. The moment we get descriptions is the second we discover it's fake. This happened before B2W2--someone posted that the sequels would take place in Europe and we were getting a leather jacket wearing cockroach 'Mon--and happened last year with X and Y--Electric jaguar, anyone? The "We're getting a Pokemon that looks like _____" post usually turns out to be crap.

Although the ideas sound intriguing, I'm willing to bet this is pretty fake. If anything is in the works, I'm thinking it's just in the developmental stages.

"electric producing palm tree with each flower petal having a different face"

wut? electricity x palm tree x petalled flower, with faces?
I know some pokemon can be outrageous mashups of stuffs but, man, you better express those visions in your head better if you want people to fall for this.

And dat region. While some may think SE Asia is a good choice for a pokemon region to be based on, I necessarily do not. We have 4 Japanese regions, one American state (or a capital city of an American state, whatever floats your boat), and one European country as bases for the currently explored 6 regions; and you're telling me that a new region is gonna be based on an entire Asian subregion composed of 11 countries? If this were to happen, that Pokeworld region's gotta be really big to do the diversity of Southeast Asia justice, or else it'll just come off as the people behind the game are looking down on the Southeast Asian region.

While there are bits of the rumor that are close to convincing, I don't really see this Geno guy as someone reliable.

"electric producing palm tree with each flower petal having a different face"

wut? electricity x palm tree x petalled flower, with faces?
I know some pokemon can be outrageous mashups of stuffs but, man, you better express those visions in your head better if you want people to fall for this.

This could just be a case of the guy failing to understand what the Pokemon is, like the descriptions of Trevanant that described it as spider like even though it has nothing to do with spiders. It may be the best way of describing the Pokemon's appearance but does nothing to explain what the pokemon is.

And dat region. While some may think SE Asia is a good choice for a pokemon region to be based on, I necessarily do not. We have 4 Japanese regions, one American state (or a capital city of an American state, whatever floats your boat), and one European country as bases for the currently explored 6 regions; and you're telling me that a new region is gonna be based on an entire Asian subregion composed of 11 countries? If this were to happen, that Pokeworld region's gotta be really big to do the diversity of Southeast Asia justice, or else it'll just come off as the people behind the game are looking down on the Southeast Asian region.

While there are bits of the rumor that are close to convincing, I don't really see this Geno guy as someone reliable.

New York City is not the Capital of New York State. Albany is. Sorry, My geography Nazi is acting up. Otherwise I agree entirely.

I'm still alright with Pokemon X and Y. It's only been a few months and I really don't think a new game will be coming out. I only usually think there will be a new game if Nintendo or a official source is giving strong hints at a new Pokemon game.

The thing is I keep hearing rumors about the next tital being set in either Africa or South America. I dont concider them to be any more credible than what s here.

As for next Gen handhelds? I almost suspect Nintendo is going to end up throwing in the towel if there not carefull because increasingly Pads and phones are takeing over because they cant afford to develop a handheld at a loss if the only games for it are all "inhouse games" and a few nastalgia ports from the WII and Nintendo systems.

tumblr_ls5lbkr3Hb1qafrh6.png

Anyone who gives this rumour any kind of attention is an absolute moron and whoever even bothers to report on it needs to have their psuedo-journalism card revoked.

GameFreak have only just released Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Previous interviews from the beginning of past generations indicate that Junichi Masuda, Ken Sugimori and the other higher-ups at the company have most likely already moved on to very early planning of Generation VII, but with emphasis on the early planning. Considering how past interviews have mentioned that the starter Pokémon themselves can take as much as a year to design and finalise. There is also the fact that Junichi Masuda has outright said that he took 2 years just thinking about how they could move on from Gen IV to V!

Iwata: So after the Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl Version games came out and everyone at Game Freak was making Pokémon Platinum Version, you were examining the games from a number of different angles and thinking about how you could make them so that players never "graduated" from them. Pokémon Platinum Version: First released in Japan for the Nintendo DS system on September 13, 2008 as the new version of Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version.

Masuda: Yes, I kept thinking about it for roughly two years. But when we were making the Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl Version games, we didn't have to think too hard in order to establish a difference with previous games, because we had the DS as new hardware.

So no, these "rumours" are nowhere near being close to true. These next few years when the majority of GameFreak is working on whatever games come next in Gen VI (be they remakes, sequels, third version or whatever), that will be when Masuda and Sugimori and the rest of the design team will be thinking about and then working on, Gen VII.

As for alpha test units on the next generation handhelds? It's highly likely that Nintendo are currently looking at and testing ideas for the successor of the Nintendo 3DS, but I highly doubt that we'll see anything for the next few years - the 3DS is only 3 years old, so about half-way through its life-span and it is selling like hotcakes in Japan, so it might have an even longer life than the DS did. Honestly, there's no point speculating about the validity of that though - the moron who made this rumour probably just went with the "All generations barring Gen V have been for new consoles".

I agree 300% BUT! The Ghost/Dark Vampire leader, the Ghost/Fairy Legendary and the concept of receiving a random Pokémon egg at birth who becomes your lifelong partner all sound like epic stuff I'd love to see in the Pokémon world. For sure!

IIRC, Masuda has made it quite clear that the series is meant to stay on handhelds. I could be proven wrong, but I REALLY can't see this dual console thing happening.

As for next Gen handhelds? I almost suspect Nintendo is going to end up throwing in the towel if there not carefull because increasingly Pads and phones are takeing over because they cant afford to develop a handheld at a loss if the only games for it are all "inhouse games" and a few nastalgia ports from the WII and Nintendo systems.

LOL.

3DS has been very successful this last year, and the handheld market is definitely Nintendo's most reliable (which BTW is another reason why I think the merged home/handheld console is believable from a buisiness standpoint). There's no way in hell Nintendo is withdrawing from the handheld market anytime soon unless something goes horribly wrong.

IIRC, Masuda has made it quite clear that the series is meant to stay on handhelds. I could be proven wrong, but I REALLY can't see this dual console thing happening.

He also said they'd consider making console games for a console like this.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/dont_expect_to_see_a_mainline_pokemon_game_on_wii_u_or_your_smartphone

Masuda said:
With the bottom screen there’s a feature called the Player Search System. It’s enabled one to look for and find other players in the same area, so if you’re out and about and there are other people playing Pokémon X and Y, you can see the icons of those trainers on the bottom screen. Just by touching the icon of that trainer you can immediately propose to battle or trade with that person. It’s one of the key features of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y which is possible because it is portable.
But by the same token if you take the game home and you connect it through the internet, then you can do the same thing with other people who are also playing online at the same time. You can trade and battle with people you’ve not met before. We think this mode of play is bets possible with the Nintendo 3DS. If, for example, the Wii U were to be portable in its own right we’d probably reconsider. But for the moment we think the 3DS is the best device for Pokémon RPGs.

Whether or not the console would actually happen is another matter, but assuming it did, it'd be entirely realistic to have a Pokemon game that worked similarly.

Last edited:
This sounds like the early alpha plans for the next gen main games got smashed together with what ever plans that GF has for the next console based Pokémon side game. It is possible, at least to my interpretation of the article, that GF is trying something new by having a side game somehow directly related/linked to the main Pokémon Game.

This sounds like the early alpha plans for the next gen main games got smashed together with what ever plans that GF has for the next console based Pokémon side game. It is possible, at least to my interpretation of the article, that GF is trying something new by having a side game somehow directly related/linked to the main Pokémon Game.

Game Freak has never made any of the Pokemon home console games.

It sounds like something some idiot made up and slapped on a site. As I said earlier in the thread, a lot of people are still falling for the "my uncle at Nintendo" routine.

anyone taking these rumors to heart are just stupid and theres no way around that. x and y JUST CAME OUT according to every other generation before it its gonna be 2-3 years before the next one is even announced, a new region possible like marriland said because that back backer did state we'd be seeing a new region soon not impossible to get two regions in the same generation, or it could very well be like gale of darkness/Colosseum and that back packer was hinting at a another game like them for the wii u with the souvenir being a key to getting an event legendary on said wii u game that can transferred to x and y after wards.

about gen 7 at most they might be making up some no where near final designs for the starters and maybe the region but without even a new console thats all they are atm not anywhere near finished drawing concept designs. but its more or less likely that anything on gen 7 hasn't even been thought of atm the games they are probably working on right now is the thrid version or maybe ( hopefully) r/s remakes. this plus and minus crap sounds like some one say pluse and minun and thought they would make a game named plus and minus wouldn't they? and then made up this obviously fake rumor ( would have worked better if they waited atleast 2 years)

I mean, it's definitely possible that they're working on Gen VII, but it's definitely only in the ideas stage, not even really in production yet. Gen VI production started immediately after Black/White, hence why Black/White 2 were released as a big project.

Game Freak has never made any of the Pokemon home console games.

It sounds like something some idiot made up and slapped on a site.

Again, Game Freak has said that they'd be open to developing for a console that has handheld elements. If a console like the one described in the rumor does come to be, it'd probably be a game changer for their no consoles policy because the console is capable of the same communication and portability that handhelds have.

Back
Top Bottom