• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

Just running through earlier pages of this thread, and I found this

...and this dude seems to have predicted (by accident, maybe) Pokémon-amie and Mega Evolutions. Wat.

Just running through earlier pages of this thread, and I found this

...and this dude seems to have predicted (by accident, maybe) Pokémon-amie and Mega Evolutions. Wat.
No. There are various differences from the actual features (in particular, there is no reference to the Pokémon changing their design), and Game Freak confirmed a bonding feature that would affect battles way back in January. This person just speculated about what that feature could be, but I'd say that they got it quite wrong. The "leak" was being passed off as a spoiler for the CoroCoro issue released in March, which in actuality revealed nothing about the games.

I expect very few pokemon after Black amd White batch.

Until the E3 I expected yge number of pokemon to go between 80 and 90 new pokemon, not counting event pokemon not revealed at the start.

If they weren't for Nintendo putting pressure for arelease a new generation, we have got Gen V for 5 years.

Mainly because if they try to do a game of older pokemon they lose the appeal to get new pokemon. And if they do a gen eith so few pokemon it could be similar results.

And when I knew about X and Y I expected a low number of pokemon with a heavy focus on evolution of past pokemon.

The E3 changed my mind when they revealed 9 pokemon at once. But now they are revealing 5 and 3 pokemon in the latest issues. And with Mega pokemon we are not expecting a pokedex higher than Gen IV.

We are getting 140 pokemon or so.... if you include megas that can be more than 40 with no problem.

@Reila; Taking it personally much? You said it wasn't as if there were only going to be new pokemon to choose from. I pointed out that in the past gen the first game did only have new pokemon to choose from until the post game and even then not all of the new pokemon were available. For instance, Literally, if you didn't get Oshawatt, the only water pokemon to choose form until the post game were Palpitoad and Simipour, and Simipour was a pretty terrible pokemon, so most people used Palpitoad if they used a water type at all. While it seems we will have a lot more options this gen, I was just pointing out that we don't know for sure how wide those options will be and it isn't as if in the past we've never been severely restricted in our choices, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that it could be again.

How do I know what people used? Um, this site? People I've actually talked to? Personal experience? Just because I don't have statistical data doesn't mean my information isn't reasonably accurate. I challenge you to say that at least three pokemon on that list weren't on your first black or white team, probably more. It's not as if there weren't other choices, it's just that there weren't many good choices at the appropriate time. Jellicent is an awesome water pokemon, but you couldn't get it until the post game. Mandibuzz and Braviary evolve at such a high level and aren't available until you are practically on top of the pokemon league, so very few people used them in their first play through for practical reasons. Litwick and Golett were also available much later in the series, and became useful at much higher of a level than it was useful to use them for most people. Training up a pokemon about 15 levels below your team doesn't appeal to a lot of people. I really liked Chandelure in particular, so I trained one after my first play through but I personally didn't have the energy to do so during the main story when I was already a perfectly good pokemon at my teams level that would be replaced. Sawk, Throh and Conkeldure were all pretty popular and many people did use them, they are pretty interchangeable though and it's not like everyone has a fighting pokemon on their team, so I just don't wouldn't hazard a prediction. A lot of people probably had one of them, I just couldn't say which is more popular or that the majority of people used Sawk or Throh or Conkeldurr in particular through the whole game. All the other pokemon mentioned, sure, they were there. Sure some people used them. Probably some people used Solosis or Gothita instead of Musharma, or Watchog instead of Stoutland or Conkelldurr instead of Krookodile.

I'm speaking in general terms. I'm saying there were fewer pokemon available than there were in recent generations, and the nature of the gameplay meant that certain pokemon were much more viable than others, leading to a lot of people having similar pokemon teams during their play through. That is all I'm saying. So chill the heck out.

Hey, don't forget Swanna~ :)

And also, I didn't use a single one of those Pokemon you mentioned earlier. Including my starter. I felt there was a humongous variety of Pokemon available in the V Gen that I could use. I also took the time to raise Litwick because I wanted a Chandelure really badly. It was one of my favorite Pokemon, and I know plenty of others who did the same with Golett. I didn't think there was a lack of viability or availability in the V Gen.

(Sorry for jumping in on you guys' discussion, I just wanted to put in my two cents.)

@Reila; You do realize that that did happen in the first black and White games? Most people's Teams ended up being Starter, Blitzle, Stoutland/Audino, Musharma/Swoobat, Palpitoad, and either Cofagrigas or Krookodile. From what we know, X and Y seem to have a bigger pokedex, but we don't really know for certain how much diversity will be available.
My first E4 clear team: Starter(Serperior), Chandelure, Excadrill, Swoobat, Scrafty, Swanna. That only has two Pokémon in common with the team you've listed.

And Basculin, and Frillish...

Frankly, BW's selection of Water types might have been smaller than usual, but when you compare it to, say, DP's selection of Fire types...

@Reila; You do realize that that did happen in the first black and White games? Most people's Teams ended up being Starter, Blitzle, Stoutland/Audino, Musharma/Swoobat, Palpitoad, and either Cofagrigas or Krookodile. From what we know, X and Y seem to have a bigger pokedex, but we don't really know for certain how much diversity will be available.
I don't know where you're getting this information about "most people"...

How do I know what people used? Um, this site? People I've actually talked to? Personal experience? Just because I don't have statistical data doesn't mean my information isn't reasonably accurate. I challenge you to say that at least three pokemon on that list weren't on your first black or white team, probably more.
Just because your circle of friends used a lot of the same Pokemon doesn't mean the remaining 99.99% of the fandom didn't play the game differently. And I would contest that your lack of statistical data does, in fact, make your declaration inaccurate, or at the very least unreliable.

Jellicent is an awesome water pokemon, but you couldn't get it until the post game.
Nope, you could get it as soon as you got Surf.

I challenge you to say that at least three pokemon on that list weren't on your first black or white team, probably more.
Challenge accepted, sir.

My Black team: Starter, Gothitelle, Emolga, Cinccino, Liepard, Mienshao.
My White team: Starter, Whimsicott, Zoroark, Stunfisk, Scolipede, Swoobat.

Sawk, Throh and Conkeldure were all pretty popular and many people did use them, they are pretty interchangeable though and it's not like everyone has a fighting pokemon on their team, so I just don't wouldn't hazard a prediction. A lot of people probably had one of them, I just couldn't say which is more popular or that the majority of people used Sawk or Throh or Conkeldurr in particular through the whole game. All the other pokemon mentioned, sure, they were there. Sure some people used them. Probably some people used Solosis or Gothita instead of Musharma, or Watchog instead of Stoutland or Conkelldurr instead of Krookodile.
Oh, I see. So this has gone from "there was a tiny selection of Pokemon and people only used these" to "people used Musharna... or any Psychic type" and "people used Conkeldurr... or any Fighting type." Isn't that what people do in pretty much every game? Isn't the fact that there were actually a bunch of different Pokemon to choose from in each of these categories sort of counter to your original argument?

Hopefully the rumour about 80 new Pokemon isn't true. I know the Kalos regional dex is going to be fairly big by the looks of thigns, and that they can always update the games in a few years with DLC and stuff, but 80 just doesn't seem... right. 100 at the least, so I'm hoping that rumour isn't true. We already know 29(?) of the new Pokemon at this stage.

And Basculin, and Frillish...

Carracosta and Alomomola too! (And Carracosta was quite a popular choice for a Water-type on a BW team from what I remember.) So Simipour and Seismitoad weren't the only Water choices besides Samurott.

Hopefully the rumour about 80 new Pokemon isn't true. I know the Kalos regional dex is going to be fairly big by the looks of things, and that they can always update the games in a few years with DLC and stuff, but 80 just doesn't seem... right. 100 at the least, so I'm hoping that rumour isn't true. We already know 29(?) of the new Pokemon at this stage.

Yeah 80 New Pokémon is a pretty underwhelming amount imo : /

Did anyone actually use an Audino on their team? I've never heard of anyone using that Pokemon, it pretty much exists to get the shit beat out of it for EXP.

I caught Audino but never used it. Does that count?

I think 100 would be a good mark to hit, they're adding a lot to this generation but I can't see them dipping any lower then that.

Also, to add to the argument, the only one that I used that was on the "popular" team was Krookodile, otherwise I used Starter, Eelektross, Scolipede, Haxorus, Chandelure and Carracosta with Krookodile substituting in for Eelektross on occasion as well as Unfezant for flying.

Does Anyone else remember, earlier on when XY where announced, that some GameFreak directors said that gen 6 would feature less pokemon than the others? And that gen 6 would largely focus on unused type combinations?

I think this was at E3.

I don't know if this should be taken as less then all the others, or just the ones with around 150. Or how Mega Evos would even play into the dex.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised with about 95 new pokemon and 20 or so Megas.

I never heard that. Is there a source?

I briefly looked around but didn't find anything. I could be wrong about when the information was given though, or if given at all.

Honestly, it would make sense for this gen to have less pokemon, considering all the new graphics they needed to make for a 3D game. Having a large gen just means more work.

I think that one was from one of the disproved rumours. I remember it coming with a list of names and typings that was supposedly the full dex.

I think that one was from one of the disproved rumours. I remember it coming with a list of names and typings that was supposedly the full dex.

Yeah I think it was from the Mr. XY rumors.

I'm gonna backtrack to the Rumours of Glow Punch being Fairy type and people saying Fennekin will evolve into a Fire/Fighting type, which is hugely impossible. I see Glow Punch sort of like Fire, Thunder and Ice Punch. Glow Punch likely is Fairy type and Fennekin could possibly evolve into a Mixed Attack Fire/Fairy type, ala Lucario.

I never heard that. Is there a source?

I briefly looked around but didn't find anything. I could be wrong about when the information was given though, or if given at all.

Honestly, it would make sense for this gen to have less pokemon, considering all the new graphics they needed to make for a 3D game. Having a large gen just means more work.

I do agree with that, but in the Honedge video, didn't Masuda say that development for X and Y began in 2011?

My gut feeling says that we are getting 130 or so new pokemon and about 60 mega evolution. I really hope that my feeling is wrong and that we'd end up with 160 new pokemons and 100 mega evos.

My gut feeling says that we are getting 130 or so new pokemon and about 60 mega evolution. I really hope that my feeling is wrong and that we'd end up with 160 new pokemons and 100 mega evos.

All of the This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom