• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

Lord, let it be fake. I will not use something that uses its tongue for a scarf. QaQ

and for a female Professor (likely the Sequoia we've heard about) to be the main professor while Sycamore drives the plot.
Actually, I'm convinced "Sequoia" is a typo for Sycamore. One article mentions "running errands" or something for the professor. This implies the one you're doing errands for is Sycamore. And the bullet point "this includes having friends deliver the Pokemon to players", which goes along with what we know of who gives us our starter (Tierno?).

And from PokéBeach's rumors, there is still the unaccounted for "Patrice", unless I'm late and that's been debunked.

Last edited:

I'm working on a Fakemon region, and my professor is named Sequoia, so I pray that she's not called that. Platane or Patrice are good.

I'm glad whoever made those hideous Pokemon don't work for GF. Don't quit your day job!

That Froakie last evo is definitely fake, unless GF changed the aumont of Extrasensory PP from 30 PP to 20 PP that evo is definitely fake.

That Froakie last evo is definitely fake, unless GF changed the aumont of Extrasensory PP from 30 PP to 20 PP that evo is definitely fake.

LOL that's so true!

...Hideous. I feel like the uglier something is, the more likely that it's fake.

Last edited:

Really, Fakemon are almost always extremely overdesigned. I also find it odd they'd drop the army names then suddenly make its name ninja related.

Really, Fakemon are almost always extremely overdesigned. I also find it odd they'd drop the army names then suddenly make its name ninja related.

greninja= grenadier+ninja

Even at that, the ninja part of its name feels really shoehorned in. None of the others seems to have had ninja related things in their name, just design elements of one.

Where is Greninja's face? I hope that's fake total downgrade from Frogadier.

I know the screenshot is low quality, but I definitely hope that's a fake.

From all my years in the Pokemon fandom and on DeviantART, there are two kinds of Fakemon: poorly designed and over-designed, the latter having become more common than the former in recent years, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the announcement of a new generation.

I don't think it's entirely real, however, the way GameFreak was talking about the Starter Evolutions having an interesting way of evolving and the one dude who did Darkrai saying the final form of Froakie was "really amazing", I can kind of see something this "overdesigned" (I actually think it looks pretty cool) being real. And, if you recall with the Gen V Starters, I don't think something being seen as ugly is proof of anything. In fact it seems overall that Fake Pokemon tend to be well received.

But yeah, Extrasensory having less PP is suspicious since they talked about improving the PP of moves. At the same time, however, that's such an odd mistake to make that I don't know what to think.

Even at that, the ninja part of its name feels really shoehorned in. None of the others seems to have had ninja related things in their name, just design elements of one.

Well, only Frogadier had a military name, Froakie didn't. So you could say the military name was shoehorned in, especially as Frogadier really doesn't look like a military dude.

Froakie could come from rookie...

Given that Extrasensory had a ridiculous amount of PP for its power to begin with, I don't see why not. And they tweak moves every gen. Would be the first time they've revised a value downwards that I can think of, but there's a first time for everything, right?

Well, only Frogadier had a military name, Froakie didn't. So you could say the military name was shoehorned in, especially as Frogadier really doesn't look like a military dude.
Froakie is saluting in it's official art.

Also, Extrasensory's PP changing doesn't mean anything alone, that could easily change. As noted, it has a ton of PP for its BP. But that coupled how terrible that thing looks confirms it as fake for me.

The design isn't that terrible, personally. I just mean how obviously not 3D that thing is.

Last edited:

The uglier something is, the more likely that it's fake.
How is this sound logic? The current consensus going about is 'It's ugly so it's fake'. All that means is that the people who even spout that are wary of the idea of it even possibly being real because you don't want your Pokemon becoming -- to you -- 'ugly'. Being 'ugly' does not mean something is fake.

In fact, when I first saw this image a few moments ago upon waking up, I was like 'Holy frack that is awesome as hell!', so I don't understand why people find it 'ugly'. Perhaps it does ditch the bubble theme, but we don't know from looking in a still screenshot.

It could be fake, that's a high possibility. However, considering we are closer to release, you can't instantly rule something out until you have a source of the fake. It's better to err on the side of caution.

However, 'it's ugly so that means it is fake' is completely and totally asinine as an argument.

Another pic:

hcUloCNl.jpg

I really, really like this dude...Flying/Fighting. And it's an idea I had awhile ago about a wrestling bird for Fighting/Flying too.

And...also this:

mYJUBVWl.jpg

That Flying/Fighting bird definitely looks plausible, imo.

Is it from the same source as the Froakie evolution, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom