• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S13 EP14: Dawn of a Royal Day!

Mijumaru

Demonic Scraggy
Reaction score
It’s the Dawn of a Royal Day in Dawn of a Royal Day! in this Royal Day (A.K.A. August 28, 2010). This is also the episode where Dawn (of a Royal Day) gets To-- (Royally shot). This episode about the Dawn of a Royal Day should be interesting. After all, 7:00 AM is the Dawn of a Royal Day.

So... how did they call Salvia? (my guess would be Silvia)
Also, did they gave her the same VA as Dawn like should be (since they did it with Jessiebelle and also it makes no sense to be able to replace someone with only looking like them and not sounding the same too) or they made the ridiculous mistake the Japanese did and gave her a different VA?

The ep hasn't aired yet. *in Yoda voice* Patience you must have. Always in motion is the future.

Also, did they gave her the same VA as Dawn like should be (since they did it with Jessiebelle and also it makes no sense to be able to replace someone with only looking like them and not sounding the same too) or they made the ridiculous mistake the Japanese did and gave her a different VA?

If they'd give her a different one, they would notice that Salvia is not Dawn in the Contest. Then she and Dawn would get eliminated and prosecuted.

Pokemon.com says her name is Salvia. Though they've often made mistakes. They called Roland from the previous episode Ian.

If they'd give her a different one, they would notice that Salvia is not Dawn in the Contest. Then she and Dawn would get eliminated and prosecuted.

The thing is - this is exactly what they did in the Japanese version... they gave Salvia a new VA which didn't sound like Dawn's VA at all
I think it's really stupid (especially when just a little before that we had Jessiebelle, who did get Jessie's VA) and I hope they fix it in the dub
So she kept her name as Salvia? what's about her voice?

How much Japanese dub music has been used?

I didn't count all of them, but I know that no less than 5 pieces were kept.

And Salvia doesn't have the same voice as Dawn. She even has a British accent.

Did Jessilina just make a Mr. Opportunity from Honda reference?

Yay! They kept that piece from when Salvia gives Jessilina her ribbon!

An excellent episode. Even if the Contest was a bit rushed.

9.4 out of 10 points

That was Bella Hudson.

The opportunity reference... what did she say? If it was anything along the lines of "opportunity knocks" then it's not a Honda reference, that's an old saying.

Ridiculous, completely ridiculous... but I was prepared for this since it was the same in the Japanese version...
It just doesn't make sense that one can replace someone else simpy by looking identical yet having a completely different voice
Why Jessiebelle got Jessie's voice yet Salvia got a different voice? it makes no sense at all
(btw, this should be ok with the ridiculous VA ban, I didn't say any opinions about specific VAs, just the idea of Salvia needing to have Dawn's voice for obvious reasons, just like Jessiebelle got Jessie's voice for same reasons)

I guess royalties=British, now.

Proof Iteru is a rich penguin...

If only that was a case in real life...

You're a living proof that it IS the case in real life...

I'm a bit interested in how the scene with Jessie and Salvia came off.

Yeah, how was TRio's dialogue in that scene? In the original, at first Jessie is annoyed at getting a free ribbon, until James and Meowth remind her this is her ticket to the GF, then she goes all happy and says Dawn is kind or something like that

I guess they gave her a British accent because In USA you don't get a monarchy. But, still, I wish that -were- the case in real life. Haha.

I didn't count all of them, but I know that no less than 5 pieces were kept.

Did Jessilina just make a Mr. Opportunity from Honda reference?

Yay! They kept that piece from when Salvia gives Jessilina her ribbon!

An excellent episode. Even if the Contest was a bit rushed.

9.4 out of 10 points

Did they keep the same music opening from the Japanese dub?

I think the bigger question is...why are there so many twins in the Pokemon world? Jessie has Jesselina, Max has that other Max from "Maxxed Out," and now Dawn has Princess Salvia. Ash has been mistaken for a few different kids as well.

If I was in their shoes and came across an identical twin that I didn't know about, I'd be making some phonecalls to my parents.

I think the bigger question is...why are there so many twins in the Pokemon world? Jessie has Jesselina, Max has that other Max from "Maxxed Out," and now Dawn has Princess Salvia.

If I was in their shoes and came across an identical twin that I didn't know about, I'd be making some phonecalls to my parents.

That happens in the real world as well, it's just that we don't get to meet our "twin".
There is probably a person who looks like you somewhere in this world.

I 'met' mine.There was a child actor from a show many years ago that looked like me, i looked so much like her that my father's students used to think i was her.
I never questioned my parents about that.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom