• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S14 EP14: A Night in the Nacrene City Museum!

It's a show about children using cute little monsters to fight other monsters. It's a kids show regardless how you try to make it seem adult.

Well, in your post you used the photo of Audino which definitely belongs to the category "cutie Pokemon". But there are plenty of other badass Pokemon like Garchomp, Infernape, Darkrai etc. And these are definitely not beings kids would cuddle, right?
Is it ok with you if we agree that it's a show for the whole family, children and adults alike, in which everybody can find elements they like and can identify with?

They aint including any "elements" just a simple argument :p
That's your way of looking at it but I recognize an allusion to a much broader general debate between faith and science here.

What a completely GREAT episode. I'm so glad TPCi is keeping original music because this episode wouldn't have been nearly as great without that awesome music!

I thought Lenora's voice was perfect in every single way. They realy chose a brilliant VA that just bled confidence in her voice. I thought it was really funny how when Lenora was explaining why Yamask was terrorising Hause, Iris felt like she had to be the one to translate Yamask's appology. Like Lenora asked Yamask if it would forgive them and it was like "Ya, Ya". Iris says "I think Yamask forgives us" (or something like that).

Well durr, I think everyone got that little nod ya-ya thing. :p I haven't seen the Japanese version anyway, so I didn't know it was a Yamask that was doing it, but I still thought the fog was Haze and the fire was Wil-o-wisp from the get-go, but I guess that's because they actually were those attacks. Anyway, I can't wait for the gym battle next week, it looks like it's going to be awesome.

10 points outa 10

You do realise the signs aren't in Japanese, but a made up language so it doens't have to be changed into different languages?

Yeah but, like Trainer_Gabriel mentioned they would've edited it out anyways. (Despite them themselves asking for it but, that's for another topic)

Why would the writers include elements that allude to this controvery in the first place if it was merely a kids' show? ;)
(To me a kids' show is something where little rabbits or Teletubbies jump around.)

Avatar: the last Airbender would like a word with you. :p

Isn't that on CW4Kids now? I keepseeing commercials about the mega long Goku vs Freeza battle.

It aired on Nicktoons first. And believe me, that version is a lot more respectable than the 4kids version what with some of the stuff they leave in.

Well, in your post you used the photo of Audino which definitely belongs to the category "cutie Pokemon". But there are plenty of other badass Pokemon like Garchomp, Infernape, Darkrai etc. And these are definitely not beings kids would cuddle, right?
Cute Pokes for girls. Cool Pokes for the boys. I find my cousins Rottweiler cute and cuddlers even with the fangs. But regardless they were created with the intent on attracting males 6-18 otherwise known as children.
Is it ok with you if we agree that it's a show for the whole family, children and adults alike, in which everybody can find elements they like and can identify with?
I think we can agree it's show for kids' that everyone regardless of age should enjoy.

That's your way of looking at it but I recognize an allusion to a much broader general debate between faith and science here.
It still was a cute little argument to show off Cilan and Iris's clashing either way.

You do realise the signs aren't in Japanese, but a made up language so it doens't have to be changed into different languages?

And TPCi did paint edit Lenora's apron...

Are we sure that TPCi did the editing? Maybe Japan did it for them. It looked way too perfect and clean.

I was wondering where her apron went. I honestly didn't see that coming. Hopefully, she'll wear it for the next episode.

That being said, Lenora sounds amazing! That voice fit her perfectly.

Another explanation for the armor would've been obvious: there's someone inside it, of course! And I was wondering how TCPI would handle the whole "Pokémon used to be a human" thing. As expected, they skip it entirely.

Still, I really like this episode.

Why was Yamask terrorizing Hawes instead of getting its mask back? it could have come to them, or possessed Hawes to get the mask back. Revenge, possibly? Or maybe I missed something?

Why was Yamask terrorizing Hawes instead of getting its mask back? it could have come to them, or possessed Hawes to get the mask back. Revenge, possibly? Or maybe I missed something?

It assumed Hawes stole it, or at least that's what Lenora deduced.

Isn't that on CW4Kids now? I keepseeing commercials about the mega long Goku vs Freeza battle.

The original Yu Gi Oh would like a word too.

I Don't Live In THE USA and only seen Kai On Youtube
But They Probily Taking A Break because arc 1 ended
(Nicktoons & CW4Kids are both airing it but the CW4Kids Takes Out Stuff :boom:)

Pretty good episode, in both English dub and Japanese version its very enjoyable. I am glad they kept the music in like some said.

LOL, is the apron the biggest PUSA edit since....well...ever?

I can't recall anything else they've ever done on this level.

Overall, enjoyable episode. Everyone is pretty expressive, and I find the differences between Iris's and Cilan's thoughts and logic pretty... well, good. And it also sohows us that how they are different...

I also love the reactions that the whole party had when stuff happens.

Hawke's voice sound a bit... squeaky. And somehow, I like it. It must be getting on me...

Music is as good as ever. If there's dub music, it blended in well.

LOL, is the apron the biggest PUSA edit since....well...ever?

I can't recall anything else they've ever done on this level.

I have a feeling that it's actually reanimated by people in Japan - it looks perfect.

This is exactly like the Croagunk festival episode. Japan sent TPCI an edited episode. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the version that will be rerun in Japan.

Expect to see her apron gone in all the other episodes too. Isn't there a moment coming up where we see her remove it before a battle? That should be interesting.

This is exactly like the Croagunk festival episode. Japan sent TPCI an edited episode. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the version that will be rerun in Japan.

Expect to see her apron gone in all the other episodes too. Isn't there a moment coming up where we see her remove it before a battle? That should be interesting.

Actually, she was putting it on. I'm assuming it's going to just skip to when she approaches Ash.

attachment.php

It still was a cute little argument to show off Cilan and Iris's clashing either way.

They were both wrong any way. The happenings inside the museum were no more "supernatural" than anything else within the Pokemon world.

Lenora and Hawes were both cool. I was a bit disappointed with Watchog's voice, which sounded kind of generic to my ears. It was better than Yamask's at least (Todd Flanders on helium, I tell ya!).

Last edited:
This was a very good episode. ^^

I enjoyed Iris and Cilan's arguing throughout the episode. That was hilarious. XD

And I really liked Hawes' voice and Lenora's voice. =)

I don't know why, but this episode reminded me of "Get Your Rotom Running", for some reason, lol.

It's episodes like this that make me glad the dub switch took place, 4Kids would've painted over those signs within an inch of their lives.
*sigh* I don't get why edits matter so much in the first place. Did all the edits really keep you from enjoying the 4Kids dub? =/

Honestly, edits don't bother me at all when I watch the 4Kids dub. And I watch it a lot!! XD

But then again, I only watch the dub version of Pokemon, so maybe that's why the edits don't bother me. :sweatlol:

*sigh* I don't get why edits matter so much in the first place. Did all the edits really keep you from enjoying the 4Kids dub? =/

That's not quite what I meant, I just like how TPCi doesn't feel the need to waste time and money on things like paint edits. There are several other reasons why I like this dub (particularly season 14). I just thought I'd point that one out because there were a lot of signs in today's episode and it seemed like something that to me, even if it was just a minor thing, made TPCi's dubbing of the last 250 episodes worthwhile.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom