• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Saddest Anime/Manga You Watched/Read...:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Saddest Anime/Manga You Watched Or Read...:'(

Mokku of the Oak Tree, which is an anime adaptation of the Pinocchio story. It's been a few years since I watched it, but from what I remember, Pinocchio seemed to get into danger, insulted and humiliated in just about every episode.
He did become a real boy at the end, though.

Grave of the Firefloes by far, of course. I cried like a baby with about as much shame. Honourable mentions, though, go to Code Geass, Solty Rei and Evangelion. Whoo.

- Elfen Lied
- Madoka Magica.
- Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
- Gurren Lagann
- Mirai Nikki

Hmm, I didn't post here yet? Clannad + AS take the cake easily. So many deep and sad moments there.

Grave of the Firefloes by far, of course. I cried like a baby with about as much shame.

Yeah, I have never had a movie do that to me, ever. I've gotten moist eyes with some movies, but never have I still been crying for hours after seeing a movie like I did with Grave of the Fireflies. I friend had just bought it, and I wanted to borrow it, so he was like "sure, let me know how it was." I handed it back and said something like "I cried. That's all I can say, you'll have to see it."

One of these days, I'm going to have to watch it again, but do it like the original double feature and follow it with Totoro.

Clannad. I didn't even watch the entire thing, just snippets and some episodes while my sister was watching. It was the only anime/movie/manga that made me shed tears so far.

Disgaea.

Like the game's bad ending, Laharl sacrifices himself to save Flonne. (He had killed the only one who could save her in his anger.)

I recently read Battle Royale.

"Sad" doesn't even begins to describe thins manga.

For me, it would probably be The Dog of Flanders movie. It's just so darn depressing.

Seeing Nello's life grow worse over the course of the movie was sad enough, but knowing that he could have gotten a happy ending if he had stayed at Aloise's house after that art contest just made it worse. The ending itself with Nello and Patrasche dying together was so heartbreaking and touching at the same time. The little epilogue kind of made it a bit happier, but it was still such a sad movie.

Pandora Hearts. The manga makes me incredibly sad on certain parts. ;_;

And Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal. Ahh, certain parts.... so touching.

Hmm...probably the saddest for me would be from Durarara!!, when Mikado closes the Dollars. You get a shot of a bunch of Dollar members trying to log in, only to find it doesn't work. Why did Mikado close it? He did it to stop the war between Yellow Scarves, Dollars, and Saika's children. And it doesn't work. Now, Dollar members are being beaten, with no way to get assistance.

5 CM per second for sure. I'm surprised that it hasn't appeared more frequently in this thread.

Air made me cry. What made me cry wasn't the anime's thirteen episodes, but the movie. In the movie...

Yukito stays with Misuzu until she dies, although there is one point where he did leave her, but came back, and that was what started the waterworks.

I actually cried watching Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, episode 67. Not kidding, I cried so much.

So yeah, Zexal makes me cry. It's sad and awesome at the same time.

The second to last episode of the first season of Sailor Moon was sad and BA at the same time. I found Neon Genesis Evangelion to be sad, as well as Kanon, Ano Hana, .hack//sign, and ef - a tale of memories.

For manga, Bitter Virgin, Sanctuary, Gunslinger Girl, Ai-Ren, basically everything I read... haha.

Animewise, both Clannad, Toradora and Inazuma Eleven made me cry at parts, even though two of those three are meant to be comedy.

Manga wise, both "A Devil and her Love Song" and "Black Cat" have made me ball my eyes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom