• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Great Disney Debate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should it be said here that Miley Cyrus will no longer be Hannah Montana come the end of season four?

Should it be said here that Miley Cyrus will no longer be Hannah Montana come the end of season four?

So, wait, are they ending the show, or are they going to have her regenerate, like The Doctor?*

*Kidding about that last part.

And i also didnt like rattatoue and wall-e that much either. I havent seen Up though.
Because obviously the fact that you didn't care for them automatically makes them awful. Yeah, OK.

Differences between XD and regular Disney:
XD shows mostly animated programs, the bulk of which are actually made by companies other than Disney.

are they going to have her regenerate, like The Doctor?

....Best. Idea. Ever.

The dumb bastards at Disney XD canceled their two best shows: Digimon and Power Rangers!

I enjoyed the older Disney stuff. Like Hercules (though the mythology was horrendously flawed), Sleeping Beauty, Pocahontas (once again, flawed history, but great movie and music), Mulan (actually quite spot-on), Cinderella (most true-to-original one there is, unless you go by the brothers Grimm), The Aristocats, The Hunchback of Notre Dame (very true-to-story, except for the ending) and The Lion King (it's based off of Hamlet!)

Then there's the old live-action, like Bedknobs and Broomsticks and 101 Dalmations. And its film adaptation of Annie.

In fact, pretty much all of their old stuff is great. The Little Mermaid is the only one I had major issues with, since I'm an utter purist when it comes to Hans Christian Andersen's stories. And it was so far off, it was nearly unrecognizable other than the fact there was a mermaid that loved a human and gave up her voice to gain legs.

Most of their new stuff can burn. The new things I've actually liked are very few. And I guarentee, anyone who thinks High School Musical was great will likely get their face chewed off by me. Fuck Zach Effron.

In short, Disney's losing lost it's charm and artistry.

Actually, I consider the second wave of Disney animation as having started in 1989 with "The Little Mermaid." That was one of their biggest successes, after a drought in the early to mid-70s of awful live-action films ("The $1,000,000 Duck" and "The Black Hole") and animated films ("Robin Hood").

What's this about the animated Robin Hood?

The Lion King was definitely their best, hands down.

However, I heard it was originally going to be a remake of Kimba the White Lion, but Osamu Tezuka's company didn't give Disney the rights. So they made it like Hamlet/Horus vs Set (both of which are similar to each other AND The Lion King, With the whole "Evil Uncle (Claudius/Set/Scar) kills his good king brother (King Hamlet/Osiris/Mufasa), taking his job, but years later, the good king's ghost/spirit meets his son (Prince Hamlet/Horus/Simba), inspiring him to overthrow his uncle to avenge his father's death and become the next king.) But The Lion King was still a great movie nonetheless.

Doesn't mean they're anything to speak about.
And it's really annoying when that's all half of your classmates talk about. And the cringe when I mention older Disney songs, like Reflection, A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes, Someday My Prince Will Come, or Once Upon a Dream.

:< Those were all awesome. And the movies were great. And it sickens me when people turn their noses up to the quality works, their only reason being that the movies are old. Yet they give rubbish like Hannah Montana their full attention and rave about it.

The Lion King was definitely their best, hands down.

However, I heard it was originally going to be a remake of Kimba the White Lion, but Osamu Tezuka's company didn't give Disney the rights. So they made it like Hamlet/Horus vs Set (both of which are similar to each other AND The Lion King, With the whole "Evil Uncle (Claudius/Set/Scar) kills his good king brother (King Hamlet/Osiris/Mufasa), taking his job, but years later, the good king's ghost/spirit meets his son (Prince Hamlet/Horus/Simba), inspiring him to overthrow his uncle to avenge his father's death and become the next king.) But The Lion King was still a great movie nonetheless.

This. Lion King without a doubt. I liked a few other Disney films (Fox and the Hound, the original Bambi, and Brother Bear weren't too bad, even if if the first two were half-assed so-called "adaptations" of books), but over the years, I've pretty much grown to hate Disney.

This. Lion King without a doubt. I liked a few other Disney films (Fox and the Hound, the original Bambi, and Brother Bear weren't too bad, even if if the first two were half-assed so-called "adaptations" of books), but over the years, I've pretty much grown to hate Disney.
The Fox and the Hound and Bambi were amazing. Those were two of my favorite movies when I was a kid. Still are.

High School Musical isn't that bad when you don't take it seriously. It's one of those movies that's so bad it's good, and I feel like the sequels know this and ham it up even more.

I also like the older Disney animated movies as well, it's a bit of a yearly tradition to watch them while carving pumpkins every October. Princess and the Frog was fantasic, when it's out on DVD I'll have to add it to the pumpkin carving lineup.

Their animated movies are the best thing about them. Everything on Disney Channel is terrible and stupid, especially HSM.

My favorite of their movies was the Lion King. Close behind is The Emperor's New Groove. A lot of people don't like the latter, but I love it :D

My all-time top 10 favorite Disney Movies are

10. Bambi
9. Finding Nemo
8. Brother Bear
7. The Jungle Book
6. Mulan
5. Chicken Little
4. Tarzan
3. Aladdin
2. Dinosaur
1. The Lion King

Phineas & Ferb is Disney's equivalent to Chowder/SpongeBob. Strange humor, but I mean strange in a GOOD way!

I guess the Lion King was the best, the worst was probably teasure planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom