• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Top 5 languages you are learning/want to learn (other than English)

1. Japanese (near fluent)
2. French (sort of teaching myself)
3. Korean (I've taught myself Hangul but that's about it)
After this, I'm sorta torn between a few.... I've wanted to learn Mandarin/Cantonese for some while but I have enough trouble with the few kanji I need for Japanese.... And perhaps either Spanish or German as well.

Want to learn...
1. Japanese
2. Italian
3. Latin
4. Chinese
5. French

I know a little of each but just tiny snippets, can't really read or write anything either

1. Japanese - Like almost everyone in here...^^
2. Chinese - Has always been interesting, will probably start learning it after summer.
3. Arabic - Has always been interesting.
4. Italian - Rather this than Spanish. :/
5. Finnish - Don't see how this will become useful, but would be nice to understand what the neighbors are saying. .)

Primary Language: English
Secondary Languages: ASL (American Sign Language)
Currently Developing: All of the above. Language is always developing, especially ASL.
Basic Knowledge: Korean. I know how to read Hangeul (I refuse to call it Hangul because that's incorrect). I know some of the basic words.
Want to Learn: international Sign languages. One of my best childhood friend knows many international sign languages and I think it's really cool! I want to learn KSL (Korean Sign Language), BSL (British Sign Language), ISL (Italian Sign Language), PSL (Polish Sign Language), Auslan (Australian Sign Language), etc. Of course, I want to learn Korean... and Japanese. :)

I'd like to learn Japanese (only know the kanas and a few words) and maybe German or Italian (they sound like fun languages) :)

Learning:
1) Welsh
2) German
3) Spanish

Want To Learn:
1) Italian
2) Japanese
3) French
4) Gaelic
5) Swedish

Learning:
Spanish

Want to Learn:
Italian
French
Japanese

I want to learn:
- Japanese (I've started learning it but I haven't been able to continue due to the class being cancelled. Maybe I'll try again a different semester)

I've stopped taking:
- Spanish (relatively easy language... I'm not fluent in it though and I've stopped learning it... I don't really have any interest in it anymore or any reason that I'd ever need it)
- Latin (I took it one semester... it was way too complicated. However, it seems (to me at least) to be syntaxically similar to Japanese so if I try again then maybe it'll be easier. I really don't have much interest in it other than the fact that it looks / sounds cool)
- Mandarin (I only took a very basic introductory class. It was extremely hard. I couldn't even pronounce any of it... every vowel has a "tone" associated with it and you need to be able to pretty much sing or at least have a knowledge of different pitches, etc., which I don't. I've completely given up on this.)

Currently learning
Spanish

Want to learn
Japanese
Italian
Korean
Russian

Currently learning:

French (At school. Almost advanced.)
Japanese (Self-teaching. It's going really well so far.)
Spanish (Self-teaching. I can read and write Spanish well, but my speaking and listening skills are crap. XD )

Want to learn:

Mandarin/Standard Chinese (communicate with 1 billion people? Yes, PLEASE!)
Arabic (Really helpful for CIA)
German (Interested)

I know English and Spanish perfectly and fluently, so obviously they don't count.

My top 5 would be:
1- Japanese: Why? For the sole reason that I want to go to Japan some day and I hate reading subtitles when a new anime episode comes out fresh from japan.
2- Italian: It's easy to learn due to being very similar to Spanish, so I can learn it quickly. Also, I find Italian very alluring.
3- Mandarin: Why? It's the most used language in the world...although I know it's probably so difficult, since I heard each word can also have different tones...
4- French: Italian is much more romantic than French, in my opinion, but French wouldn't be so bad to learn. It's on the top 10 languages spoken in the world.
5- Arabic: Now this one started when I met a few friends who were Arabians, and I got interested in their language. However, I may not, since the word hello in Arabic is too long...and I fear other words will be long as well.

I took 2 years of French in High School, but I would need to re-take the classes because I can't remember much of it at all. I knew like a few words in Spanish, but nothing special.

I do really want to learn Japanese though. I've considered maybe Swedish or something really out there. I'll probably need to learn Spanish if I want to try and get a good job now and days.

Wanna learn:

1.Japanese
2.Arabian
3.Chinese

Learning:

German
French
Chinese

Oh my gosh. <3 I'd love to learn (in order of most to... not least, but just not the MOST wanted):

1) French <3
2) Italian
3) Japanese
4) German
5) Russian

Knowing Spanish would be fun. I took a class a few years ago and I sucked at it, but it's still a useful language to know.

Currently I can speak French and English fluently.

Learning:
~English (obviously, in English class. I speak English anyways, but one can never learn enough about one's language)
~French

That's rather pitiful -_-

Want to learn:
~LATIN!!!! I WANT TO LEARN LATIN, but the high school schedule won't let me. *pout*
~German (My mom used to live in Germany for a few years, and the language has fascinated me)
~Mandarin Chinese. (This just seemed interesting, but again, high school is messing up everything)
~Hebrew

I want to learn:
Spanish
Japanese
Latin
French
Mandarin

• Japanese
  • Korean
  • Chinese
  • German
  • Italian