• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

What purpose/function did Team Flare's visors serve? Even Lysandre wore one during his final battle against the player.

Says who? I have not seems smealum (however that's spelled) reveal anything yet, and he's the only one I know of that knows.
Smealum and others (including WPM's source) have confirmed that there are only 30 Mega Stones in the game.

It wouldn't be a traditional mega stone anyway, more like a mega form.
Okay then. And the point of that would be? They are not going to add 100 points to Deoxys' base stats without balancing it in some way (which they have at least tried to do with the Mega Evolutions).

Hi there,

So...I was thinking about the story in Ghost House...Specially one sentence (the famous one) - "the horde of faceless men". First of all - what is the faceless man? Or maybe... It is a man, whom face isn't face at all. ...a mask? A Pokemon which is kind of human...with no face...
Next I though - a horde....a horde attacks of wild Pokemons...and so I get the conclusion...
There are several places near that House which are full of graves. So maybe...

Maybe the secret will be revealed when the Horde attacks You...A Horde of Yamasks! In other hand - maybe You have to take a horde of Yamasks (5 Pkmns ) as a paty.

It is said, that they were humans, and after being alive - the wear a mask, a a reflection of their faces...
What You think?

(Sry for my English)

Another thing is the name of city : Lumiose. In Japanese it stands as Miare City. If we take it as:
Mi + are

Mi can mean : Look, See, body...and "NOT YET"
When Are : "IT"

So...hidden meaning?

Last edited by a moderator:
Smealum and others (including WPM's source) have confirmed that there are only 30 Mega Stones in the game.

Okay then. And the point of that would be? They are not going to add 100 points to Deoxys' base stats without balancing it in some way (which they have at least tried to do with the Mega Evolutions).

That's not possible. When asked if there were other stones besides lati@s he said yes. Lati@s stones puts us at 30. They don't have to balance anything and it doesn't have to be 100 points.

Hi there,

So...I was thinking about the story in Ghost House...Specially one sentence (the famous one) - "the horde of faceless men". First of all - what is the faceless man? Or maybe... It is a man, whom face isn't face at all. ...a mask? A Pokemon which is kind of human...with no face...
Next I though - a horde....a horde attacks of wild Pokemons...and so I get the conclusion...

Maybe the secret will be revealed when the Horde attacks You...A Horde of Yamasks! In other hand - maybe You have to take a horde of Yamasks (5 Pkmns ) as a paty.

It is said, that they were humans, and after being alive - the wear a mask, a a reflection of their faces...
What You think?

(Sry for my English)
I'm preeeeeeeeeeetty sure that the dude was just telling a shitty story, and that there's nothing more to it.

That's not possible. When asked if there were other stones besides lati@s he said yes. Lati@s stones puts us at 30. They don't have to balance anything and it doesn't have to be 100 points.
They kinda do have to balance things, really.

Then what would it be, and why would anybody choose any other Forme if you're just given the option for something a lot more powerful right then and there?
Mega Lati@s don't have to be balanced. They are event pokemon.

Er, no. Just...no.

That's not possible. When asked if there were other stones besides lati@s he said yes. Lati@s stones puts us at 30.
He said that the only hidden Mega Stones he had found were the Latiosite and Latiasite. You can believe that he may have missed something, but that's nothing more than wishful thinking.

If Deoxys had a new Forme or Mega Evolution, the Pokémon Bank website would foreshadow it. Deoxys isn't even mentioned, even though various legendaries are.

Nymphia said:
So what? Event Pokémon aren't stronger than normal legendaries. We know that they require Mega Stones, so there is no reason to think that they're different than the other Mega Evolutions.

He said that the only hidden Mega Stones he had found were the Latiosite and Latiasite. You can believe that he may have missed something, but that's nothing more than wishful thinking.

If Deoxys had a new Forme or Mega Evolution, the Pokémon Bank website would foreshadow it. Deoxys isn't even mentioned, even though various legendaries are.

Nymphia said:
So what? Event Pokémon aren't stronger than normal legendaries. We know that they require Mega Stones, so there is no reason to think that they're different than the other Mega Evolutions.

Why would pokemon bank say anything about it? I really hope you're wrong about the stones. I need mega jynx. At least Z will give us the opportunity for more stones.

Hi there,

What You think?

(Sry for my English)

Another thing is the name of city : Lumiose. In Japanese it stands as Miare City. If we take it as:
Mi + are

Mi can mean : Look, See, body...and "NOT YET"
When Are : "IT"

So...hidden meaning?

I'm pretty sure the story was just child-friendly Slenderman, but your second comment is pretty interesting.

I admit to being one of those 'OMG THERE IS SOMETHING HIDDEN IN LUMIOSE' people, but think about it. Lumiose is so crime-riddled it's Looker's new base. Kids go missing, Pokémon are stolen, team Flare was based there, whispers of a Lava Dome Pokémon in Juane Plaza.... Not to mention the ghost girl.

Why would pokemon bank say anything about it?
Because people aren't supposed to guess that Deoxys holds a secret, and they've always told us which Pokémon activate special events. If the website mentions Genesect, Kyurem, Tornadus and Shaymin, which probably only unlock old items, why wouldn't they highlight Deoxys if it were particularly relevant?

I really hope you're wrong about the stones.
I'm just echoing what Smealum and other sources have said.

Someone might've answered this already, but it makes sense that the three orbs would be there. They had an event in which all three Sinnoh legendaries in shiny form were given out. They didn't have their orbs, and it would be expected for them to be transfered via Pokemon Bank to Pokemon X/Y. They would put the orbs in an area that wouldn't be completely easy to reach, thus putting them in Zygarde's chamber. I think though there might also be a possibility of an event if you bring all three Sinnoh legendaries there, but it's more unlikely than not.

Hmmm, I wonder if the 3 unconfirmed Pokemon will be available after Pokemon Bank comes out, like they require previously unobtainable Pokemon to unlock.
I really hope they're not distribution exclusive, I hate limited time offer Pokemon because people who buy the game later or restart their save miss out on part of the game.
And I hope that if they are from distribution, that its something like Victini, Shaymin, Arceus etc where an in game event is unlocked.

Not really in-universe but more of a meta example. Mega Alakazam only has 90 points above Alakazam in Gen VI, but 100 points above Alakazam before its stats got modified. Did they only plan on modifying these stats after Mega Evolutions were set? Maybe we'll see Mega Alakazam gain a 10 point increase in the future.

So does having Lugia do anything in the Sea Spirits Den? I know people have tried the birds but I figure maybe Lugia would do something.

* Mysterious Disappearances: On the back of a train sight in the Lumiose Train Station, the words "I've gone for help", or something along those lines, can be seen. And then in the Lumiose Press, the head editor has a note on her desk saying she's gone in search of a Legendary Pokemon in the mountains...she is said to be missing, and isn't encountered when looking for Zygarde, leading to the theory that: A) she was killed by it or B) it's a different Legendary we've yet to get an Event for

* Weird Lumiose Areas: There are a lot of weird back-alleys, including one across from the Ghost Girl's building, that are just empty...there are also some NPCs you run into around these areas that you can battle (I've found only two) who seem a bit off...one of them introduces himself as a Samurai for example...and disappear right after you beat them.
I think the message relates to the two skiddo that wait outside of the train station every day for their trainer. Of course the message does say, “I’m going for help. Wait in the usual place.” and the old woman across from the station does say “Those two abandoned skiddo that sleep in front of Lumiose Station… They just wait there every day for their old trainer to come back for them…” Maybe once you finish a special event that particular trainer will be reunited with her Skiddo.

Those weird empty areas in Lumiose are used in some of the Looker missions after you defeat the Elite Four. Other than that they seem like a waste of space. Maybe you'll meet Heatran there in some future event?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom