• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What does your name mean?

My name is Dana (obviously) and I've seen different meanings for it. Some places say it means "of Danish descent" (which I'm not) and I've also read that it means "bright and pure".

My name is Ryan, is an Irish name(I'm not Irish though), which is derived from Ó Riain, which means descendant of Rían, and Rían meaning "little king". I like my names meaning.

Samuel: "God heard"

Audon: I have been told my middle name is a corruption of adhān, which is the call to prayer in the Islamic religion.

My name is Caitlin, which is an Irish name. It means "Pure", as to what I searched on the internetz.
D:

My name is Niall (Irish equivalent of Neil, though pronounced like the river). If I remember rightly it either means Champion or Chivalry. I'll look it up when I can be bothered :p

Mine's Scandinavian, but I'm not of that ethnic group. Eric means "Powerful Leader", suits me now more than ever because I'd like to become Communist dictator of all of planet Earth, FOR LIFE! But I'll stop there.

Stella.

Yes. I'm the star. I'm the bright star in space. I'm the on the stage The red carpet. The film set. Everywhere.

By most definitions my name, Andrew, comes out as 'manly'

Is it wrong I don't feel that way about myself? For some reason I picture manly to be a guy on roids. Of course there's other ways to look at it, but that particular one I am not.

my name is Teresa & it means harvester.
most sources I can find say it's origin is spanish, but apparently it's also polish, german, & italian. hmmm.
also, it's the english pronunciation (tə-REE-sə, not te-RE-sah)

My real name seems to be a derivative of "courteous," but my preferred name means "ascension" or "my god."

Heck yeah!

My names Arif, in Arabic it means ' Wise one '
And its true, I'm good with saving and I always clear up a bad storm, I'm the one everyone turns to and I'm only twelve
:blush:

My real name's of Hindu origin, basically meaning the manifestation of the goddess of arts and knowledge, a patron of inner thought and speech.

... Yeah. No. .__."

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom