• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your most disliked character in the Pokemon Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Understands

Somalian Anarchy Leader!
Reaction score
Pretty much any character. Even a Pokemon. A human. Yeah...from the ENTIRE anime's history.....from "Pokemon! I Choose You!" to the latest Best Wishes Episode.

I sense a flame war coming.
Anyways, if it isn't obvious, my least favourite character is Cilan. Honestly, it's not like I watch every episode and can't bear to watch him; I just can't think of any character that I dislike more.
I don't know what it is, it's most likely because I'm still bitter over Brock leaving and I can't really come back from saying I hate everything about him to saying he's all right. He is all right, but he's still my least favourite, if that makes any sense.

Trip, The Rocket Trio, Pikachu, Jigglypuff from way back when, and there are more but I just woke up and that's what comes to the top of my head.

Understandable. Brock was in the show for over a decade, and many long-time Pokemon Fans would be happy to see him again after he left. -To Croag-

Yeah, next time please answer the question than posting "inb4"s please :p

I'm going to go with Goukazaru. I didn't enjoy its story, its countless Gym appearances that squanded other Pokémon's chances to shine and I hate how by the end of DP, it was the only real thing connecting Satoshi and Shinji together.

Human-wise, I don't like Trip. Why? Because he's like a watered down Paul, and is so far, a pretty terrible rival.

Pokémon-wise...I hate Dawn's Piplup with a passion. It's so annoying!

At the moment, I don't *dislike* anyone in the show. Except Pikachu sometimes, because he's a spoiled brat. And I don't like Shuuti much since he simply doesn't interest me.
I used to hate Hikari a lot when I got to to DP when catching up with Pokémon. No legit reason really, I just thought she was overrated in both the anime and fandom. At the end of DP, I was okay with her though. Nowadays I think she was a rather bland character, don't miss her that much. Never really hated Pochama, though! Unless you count his dub version.

So yeah. Not much hate here.

Oh wait. There is one...
20101027224235jamesschi.png

THIS PIECE OF SHIT. GODDAMMIT I HATED IT SO MUCH. AAAAARGH.

Any Miltank, Todd Snap, Casey, any bigmouth CotD (especially really young ones), any recurring Poke except for Krokorok, Dunsparce, Smeargle, Corsola, Tyrogue, Pryce, Politoed, Elekid, Sneasel, Spinda, Huntail+Gorebyss, Harley, Snorunt until he evolved, Chimecho, Brandon, any dancing-singing PotD, Fantina, the whole Elekid/Magby families, that ugly dude from BW045 and of course: Iris.
All in all, any bitter bigmouth/jerk who's complaining about everything w/o the need of it and also being weak trainer; and any anime-useless dull filler Pokemon.

inb4 Misty and Iris/

Okay then.

Misty,

Roggenrola,

and Pikachu :p

All three for similar reasons...they are useful paperweights. They have their moments, but I feel like their screentime is either non-compelling or just over-hyped (in canon).

And Roggenrola's just an asshole.

I'm going to go with Goukazaru. I didn't enjoy its story, its countless Gym appearances that squanded other Pokémon's chances to shine and I hate how by the end of DP, it was the only real thing connecting Satoshi and Shinji together.

You mean other than their love, right?

Probably some of the worst rivals like Kenny, now Trip, and to a lesser extent Zoey. I understand the idea behind these characters, but they just aren't interesting to watch.

Cilan. I hate Cilan!!!!
It's not because he replaced Brock, because I never really liked Brock. His personality just REALLY annoys me.
*gets attacked by Cilan fangirls and thrown into a lake*

Anyway. Runner up is Trip.
I don't really dislike any of the Pokemon, they're just too cute to hate.

Last edited:
Trip is far too basic a character for me to like.
Also, Pikachu and Totodile.

Piplup. Everytime Piplup opened its beak, I wanted to chuck a Pester Ball at it. Especially in the first episode with Looker, when Piplup is trying to get that boulder out of the way. Ugh, I don't even want to think about it.

Dawn, her Piplup, Kenny, Zoey. Was actively rooting for Jessie to win the Sinnoh GF, even though I knew she wouldn't. I was/am annoyed that May was replaced, and Dawn's character never appealed to me. Wasn't fond of Iris to begin with, but I've come to like her a fair bit.

Though most of all Tobias. That was CHEAP, writers.

Characters I hate the most?

THE FUCKING PENGUIN AND THE FUCKING ROCK (oh tag on togekiss and kasumi's togepi too)
I wish I could stone the penguin to death with the rock and then drop the remains on togekiss so they would never be in the screen ever again. Potchama was an obnoxious little shit and is the main reason why I got over Hikari very quickly.

I'll have to think about human characters.

As far as Pokemon go? Misty's Togepi....kill it with fire. It's antics were stupid, and annoying.

In terms of humans, I would have to say Kenny. He was one of the blandest rivals ever created, and I felt meh about all of his focus episodes.

In terms of humans, I would have to say Kenny. He was one of the blandest rivals ever created, and I felt meh about all of his focus episodes.

Kenny was like a filler character turned into a recurring rival for no reason.

It's like the only reason he existed was so Prinplup could get a bit of spotlight. I also get the feeling they wanted to repeat the shipping aspects that the AG contest arc had, but failed spectacularly.

Tack on Gizamimi Pichu as "list of characters that Aestivate hates"

That fucking Pichu. She was't entertaining, her ending sucked, and she was mad annoying in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom