• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's the worst tech product you've ever used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wireless printer from windows vista sucks. It can scan good pictures but you cant print stuff from other computers

All the old computers my dad got me when I was a kid. I can't remember what brand but they all had problems with them. So much problems that I actually started hating computers for a while and dad couldn't work out why.>_>

I actually started liking computers when I finally got to choose my own and it's lasted quite a long time.=P

I think the most worst product I bought was a CD player or should I say 2 CD players I got years back.

It was actually funny when I think about it. My old CD player from when I was 12 which goes back many many years speakers weren't working so I always had to wear headphones to hear the music (now as bad as it sounds this isn't the bad product.lol). I decided to buy a replacement for it. I was excited and picked out this snazzy looking CD player.
It worked beautifully.....for a day.o_O
It just stopped spinning discs so i thought well it's faulty so I'll return it to the shop. I got a replacement from the shop.

I went home and the replacement worked beautifully.......for 3 hours.o_O
The same problem. Couldn't spin discs. very fast death I ever seen in a product. I returned it and the store decided to give my money back.XD

Believe it or not I didn't end up getting a new CD player. I was so sick of the CD players failing that I just decided to stick with my old broken speaker CD player. Would you believe for a CD player that I had since I was 12 that the thing still reads CD's and never had to be cleaned and I'm 21 now.=P

I do have to wack it on occasions to read burnt CD's so it maybe on it's last legs but I had been hitting it to read for a good 3 years now and it still plays the stuff. Though I only have to hit it when it comes to burnt CD's. normal CD's are fine and play perfectly. I should really clean the laser but I am a bit lazy.XD
I've gotten so use to wearing headphones so i have no desire to replace it. One day I probably will have to but at the moment it's still working.

I don't remember the brands unfortunately.

There were a few computer programs that I didn't like either but I can't remember what ones.

can't stand dialup. Spent years trying to convince my dad to get a better connection. I got the better connection eventually but I'm paying half. It was the only way.=/

Last edited:
Linksys wireless connections.

We thought we were getting a safe, reliable network right? Oh no, it just has to keep disconnecting randomly. We've had to call the tech man more times than I can manage. And it would work for a little bit, then stop. Such a vicious cycle.

Linksys wireless connections.

We thought we were getting a safe, reliable network right? Oh no, it just has to keep disconnecting randomly. We've had to call the tech man more times than I can manage. And it would work for a little bit, then stop. Such a vicious cycle.

I have to say... I've been using a Linksys wireless router on my machine for a few years. Once I got it properly configured I have had very little problems with it. Random disconnections? Not an issue. Also, especially considering that my router is in the basement, and I usually use the wireless on my bedroom computer that is on the second floor, and this house is brick, was built in the 60's, so is much more solid than most newer houses, I don't understand how everyone else have such bad disconnection issues with theirs.

Also, the wireless receivers I use are a) a belkin laptop card, and b) a no-name pci card... so it's not an issue where I have an amazing receiver card.

I too have a Linksys wireless router and again no problems with it either but the house I am using it in is much newer and was built in 1988. That is a good point about wireless cards and one key factor in those cards is how sensitive the receiver in the card is. The figure I think is measured in Db or something similar and I think some of the more sensitive cards are rated down to something like -90 Db or so. And with WIFI an increase in power is NOT going to help you at all since your speeds are dependent on SNR or signal to noise ratio since the router will send data at lower speeds for greater redundancy and thus greater accuracy of decoding on weak signals. Antennas do help as well but I would be careful about gain on transmit ones since you don't want someone from the local FCC office knocking at your door because they received complaints about your wireless network and also since there are restrictions because you are using the spectrum on a secondary basis without a license. Sorry for the tech info but I feel as though it is relevant to wireless network issues since it can help solve many problems.

Every used computer I ever had (5 used ones from 1998 to 2004) Up until my new and current laptop from 2007. Although I shouldn't expect anything good out of a bunch of used ones, that break down after 2 months.

Palm Pilot. It's freaking useless when you think of it. I don't think i used it all except for gaming.

Worst Tech Product

Windows ME and Norton rank the same for me. OMG WinME, even Microsoft hates it... As for Norton, we all know that its so slow...

Windows Vista. I tried it once and screamed so loud. It kept freezing blacking out and everything. Luckly I got windows XP. Also I agree aol is so bad. Im suprised I managed to go 3 years with it. I found opera and it guided me <3

My parents gave me a Compaq after they got a laptop. That piece of scat couldn't even use the Internet. But finally, my parents gave it to my mom's friend.

Apple Safari, maybe it's just my computer (I've seen it work beautifully on Macs) but it came bundled with an iTunes update, I tried it, and it was BAD, I'm sure it came with an outdated version, cos what I got didn't even have tabs...

probably a eee netbook PC. It only had a 12GB Solid state disk drive and 1GB RAM and a Intel Atom 1.6ghz CPU, bluetooth and wireless and a SD card reader. It had perminent problems because of the lack of disk space and if it had a decent amount of space on disk drive 20GB+ it would have run decent. I got a better one not long after. Its basically same, but this one has a 80GB hard disk and a slightly larger screen and its fast and good.

^Ctrl-V master here...
On-topic: AIM is pretty bad, I still hav an account, but now i use Digsby

I know what you mean about voice recognition. With my accent and how sometimes I can talk fast, they don't recognise half of what I saw, but windows Vistas is far better, it recognised nearly 90% or more of what I said and only had a few spelling errors when on Microsoft Word

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom