• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Generation was the biggest disappointment?

Which Generation was the biggest disappointment?

• Generation I

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • Generation II

Votes: 33 24.3%
  • Generation III

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Generation IV

Votes: 39 28.7%
  • Generation V

Votes: 16 11.8%

• Total voters
5th for me. I never thought there could be something worse than Hoenn and Sinnoh, but leave it to Nintendo to one-up itself.

I like all generations, I know it sounds typical but I can't dislike a pokemon generation.

Probably 5 actually, not that it's bad, I just didn't like the soundtrack and region as much as the others =(

I never really got into Gen 2. Johto is incredibly bland and I HATED the fact that it was full of Kanto Pokémon. Because of that, Johto's Pokémon are the most forgettable for me.

Gen IV was just one big -meh- for me. I couldn't access the internet on my DS so that cut out a lot of the stuff I wanted to get into with the game. I didn't really enjoy the story of it except for Team Plasma, and the region and the pokemon in it don't interest me at all, with the exception of Honchkrow and Lucario.

Second in terms of disappoint for me comes Gen III. I played it when it came out, and yes I was very hyped for it. I really enjoyed it when I played it, and there are many Pokemon I loved, but the problem is, the copy I'd gotten was pirated. I never actually beat the league - when I beat Drake, and I walked towards the door to Steven, my game reset and destroyed my save file (I put it down to either evil pirates or, more likely, evil piracy prevention measures). So, well, I was screwed over, and I was pretty bloody disappointed, but that's not actually to do with the contents of the game.

Gen I.
I know it started it all and blah blah blah, but even thought it was my first pokemon game, and only game on my Gameboy, I never really "bonded" with it.
Now I will be the first to say this, but remakes/new games, are better than the old ones. Minus Emerald. I kinda liked that one.

Gen I.
I know it started it all and blah blah blah, but even thought it was my first pokemon game, and only game on my Gameboy, I never really "bonded" with it.
Now I will be the first to say this, but remakes/new games, are better than the old ones. Minus Emerald. I kinda liked that one.

This.
I never cared much about Gen I too, although it was my first contact with pokémon games. Also, Generation II was not that good. I only enjoyed it when I played the remakes of Gold and Silver, HGSS, in Generation IV.

Generation III > Gen V > Gen IV > Gen I > Gen II.

So, Johto was the biggest disappointment.

A lot of people seem to hate on Gens III and IV, but TBH, Generation I just wasn't that great. Only being able to carry 10 items? Glitchiness? Generally monotonous environments, even on a GBC/GBA(Johto, also with GBC/GBA looked WAY better)? Music that was just okay(final rival battle music in FRLG was much moar epic than RBY)? I'm sorry, but that just does not do it for me. Trying to rate all 5 generations in any order is quite difficult, because each one has their pros and cons, but Generation I sticks out the most, for me anyway.

This.
I never cared much about Gen I too, although it was my first contact with pokémon games. Also, Generation II was not that good. I only enjoyed it when I played the remakes of Gold and Silver, HGSS, in Generation IV.

Generation III > Gen V > Gen IV > Gen I > Gen II.

So, Johto was the biggest disappointment.
Agreed.

Generation II wasn't my favorite out of all the other regions. Generation I wasn't that bad but was also not a huge fan but it's mainly Generation II.

Gen. II, even though Johto is mah favorite region. I didn't see much difference from Gen. I.

The 3rd and 4th Gen currently tie for my favorite generation. The 1st and 2nd Gen tie for the worst generation now that we have remakes for both of them in the 3rd and 4th Gen (Since the originals are FAR too outdated compared to the 3rd Gen and onward standards). Honestly even though currently the 5th Gen also ties with the 3rd and 4th Gen for the best, it's a bit too early to say anything like that since this generation has only just started.

Even though I think that all Generations are equally good, I think 4 was the most disappointing. It lacked the charm and grandness of the other games, plus had too many unnecessary evolutions of previous Pokemon.

Even though I think that all Generations are equally good, I think 4 was the most disappointing. It lacked the charm and grandness of the other games, plus had too many unnecessary evolutions of previous Pokemon.

None of the evolutions were unnecessary.

I really hated Gen 3.
I just found it very annoying to watch the anime and I don't like any of the pokemon in it. Gen 5 is by far my favourite, Gen 3 was the biggest let down for me

Gen. 3 had to be the worst. I don't really know why but just the feel of the game felt so dumb. But I loved the story and the music so wutevs it is a high quality game that is the worst to me.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom