• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Yasuragi Symphony

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were two strange, black-furred animals laying on Set's tray. The Egyptian's head had changed from humane to canid, his slender snout pulling back a toothy snarl as he begun to chew one of the black-colored creatures whole. Of course, he couldn't chew, being the way his jaws were designed. He swallowed the thing whole, before starting on the other cat-like creature. It was devoured in seconds - he was glad there was monster-oriented food, or else he'd have to settle for some students and risk explusion.

Usui looked at his fellow classmates who began eating. He was partially horrified seeing what saw on their plates. Sure, he had read about it all in his books, but considering the practical human life he lived, this was a strange sight to see. He tried to answer Sophia, but not a word could form from his voice box. He noticed Leon looking at his tray which contained some skittles and a live squirrel. Leon was looking back and forth from his fork and squirrel. Usui removed himself from his uncomfortable state and grabbed at the squirrel. There was no greater torture than seeing an animal possibly go through such an inhumane way of possibly being eaten by a human.

Sophia sighed. "Food..." She reminded herself. Although she usually ate human food, the squirrel would be ok if she could get it cooked. She picked one up and bashed it against the table to put it out of its misery. Walking over to a table filled with monsters, she smiled in what she hoped was a friendly way. "...fire?" She asked.
One boy, a great brute, grinned maliciously at her. "Well, if it isn't the little mouse from this morning. Squeak, squeak!" He snorted with laughter, the other monsters quickly joining in.
Sophia stared at him. That was a horrible thing to say! She spun on her heel and walked back over to the boys' table. The brute stood up.
"Don't you turn your back on me, little mouse!" The voice was dangerous, violent. Ignoring him, Sophia reached the table. She felt a meaty hand clasp her shoulder and forcefully spin her round.
"I said, don't you dare turn your back on me."
The boy raised his fist, pulling it back...

A slender, dark greyhound-like monster knocked the brute back with immense force. Set's twin whiplash tails lashed in agitation as his amber eyes began to glow crimson.

Usui watched in awe as Set quickly took down the brute. "Amazing......" he thought. He dropped the squirrel in his hand, which he removed the bindings from and brought out a matchbox from his pocket. He gathered some napkins and an empty, but clean, metal bowl. he raised these things to Sophia. The words where backing away from his tongue as he tried to speak them, but he attempted with all his will to at least mutter something.

"F-fa-fi-fire?" He asked.

Last edited:
Eira took another bite out of her elk carcass, barely even paying any attention to what was going on.

"Fire?" someone said. Eira panicked. Who said that? Mouse-girl?

She noticed Usui holding a matchbook. What is he doing with that? Doesn't he know what that can do to her? If he does, is he doing it on purpose?

Without thinking, she grabbed it out of his hands, and covered it in ice as quickly as possible. "If you bring that out again, I won't hesitate to hurt you," she said, trying to mask her fear. "Same with the salt."

The squirrel look at her quizzically. She stroked it on the chin with her remaining hand.

"What were you thinking he was gonna do, light you on fire?" Set snapped, still pinning down the bully with his insanely tall legs. Any punches thrown didn't even come close to his stomach.

Coriander quietly observed the scene from a nearby table, occasionally nibbling on a strawberry. Julia had gone off somewhere without him. Oh well. It was better without her, anyhow.

The squirrel roused his interest. He'd never seen one up-close before--not many lived near his home. He set the strawberry--still mostly uneaten--down and cautiously approached the squirrel and the girl petting it. "Uh...what do squirrels eat?" He asked nervously.

"It's fire, and I'm made of ice. I don't think it's a good idea to take any risks with that." Eira said.

She cupped the squirrel in her hands as she got a closer look. "This looks like an American Red Squirrel. These guys like pine cones and wild mushrooms."
She set the squirrel down and looked at her hands. The thing certainly left a lot of scratch marks.

Usui was confused. "Who is this girl?" he thought. He walked toward her, a hand reaching out to get back his matchbox.

"Mah-mi-ba-m....." Was all he could muster to say, a little intimidated that the girl used her powers in a pretty hostile manner.

"Uh...what do squirrels eat?" A boy said as he approached them. Usui looked at it, seeing it being pet by the girl who froze his match box. He took out a pack of cashews from his pockets, his favorite type of nut, and raised one out for the squirrel. He kneeled down and brought the cashew close to the squirrel as possible. His eyes spoke to the animal.

'Come here. You know you want this delicious cashew" he thought.

"You are very lucky, snow woman. Because if it wouldn't be for these so called 'rules', I would've killed you by now." he snarled, applying pressure to the bully's neck. After he passed out from the lack of air and the sheer shock, Set stepped off the monster as if he wasn't just suffocating the boy next to him.

Leon would have intervened, but he was a bit preoccupied. He had been munching on his skittles when he noticed Eira grab Usui's hand. He was a bit conflicted. That Eira chick, he thought she was really cute. But Usui was his best friend. He was about to try and mediate, when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey buddy. Long time no see." A voice said. It was a voice Leon thought he'd never hear again. Hearing that voice brought chills down his spine. He turned, and saw behind him a tall young man. Pale skin, spikey black hair, with a swooping blade across his back, a katana. Leon's jaw fell, as he struggled for words. He looked like he'd just seen a ghost.

"We should catch up again. I think you know where to find me." Kaga said. He patted Leon on the back, then looked at the small group that was squabling.

"Those your friends?" Kaga asked. "You take care of them. It'd suck if you lost your best friend twice, huh?" He was grinning toothily, showing a pair of flawless white teeth. With that, he walked off, leaving Leon looking as if he'd seen a ghost.

Sophia smiled at set. Mustering up all her courage, she said, "thank you. I... Can't change... when I'm held... You... I-I would've been hit." She stammered, trying to thank him. She then noticed Eira. "Hi..." She nodded to the monster. For some reason she didn't like the fact that she was holding usui's hand. "The matches were... My fault. I wanted... To cook it?" She held up the dead squirrel that she held in her hand. "...sorry..."
Sophia noticed that Usui was stammering, trying to muster a word. She placed a hand on his shoulder. "Thank you for... Trying... To help."

Set, who was circling the rest of the bullies, let out a harsh laugh. "Anyone else? Next time, if any one of you even touch my friends, you will end up dead - I don't care what race or species you are, monster or human - I will never hesitate to take you down." The six-foot tall Set Animal bellowed, scaring off everyone else with one last snap of his jaws and bare of his serrated teeth.

Coriander waved shyly at Sophia. "Uh...excuse me, miss? Do you eat fruit or vegetables? I can get you pretty much whatever you want..." He held out his hands, and a pair of oranges appeared in them.

"That wouldn't be a good idea," a girl said to Set. Coriander's heart skipped a beat. That was Julia's voice. Dammit. Sure enough, the Jotunn appeared before Set. "I mean, what if the ones who touch your friends are my friends?" She extended her arm towards him and grinned, apparently ignorant of the fact that she was talking to a giant greyhound. "Julia Hoover. Nice to meet you."

Eira cut a leg off the elk and put it in one of her pockets. Scrunchie needs to be fed when school gets out.

"I don't care who the hell you are," Set snapped, lunging forward in an attempt to crunch down on Julia's arm with his razor-like teeth. His twin whiplashes lashed at the floor, signifying his agitation.

Last edited:
Julia continued to grin, completely unfazed. "Is this some sort of cultural thing? Should I return the favor? Sorry, I'd love to, but I don't want to hurt everyone else in the building in the process." The ground began to tremble slightly.

Oh no... Coriander could tell that Julia was getting upset, even though her face didn't show it.

Sophia looked at coriander. "Yes... Please," she stammered, taken aback by the dryad's generous offer. Gratefully she took the oranges and peeled the first. At least if she was late again... No, that would be unkind. She would just have to arrive earlier in the future.

Set circled her, the extremely lightweight creature's paws making no noise. The Set Animal leapt up, landing on one of the high shelves in the classroom. Due to his thin and lean build, he easily crouched on the shelf and crept alongside the shadowy wooden plank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom