• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

1 mil Pre-Sold, 1.5 mil expected before release

Sirprize

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
So, as of right now, Serebii says that there are 1 million pre-orders. The website they got their information from estimates that there will be about another half million pre-sold before the release.

Do you think that will hold up when it reaches the states?

I am beyond excited for this game. I love/hate the time difference because I get to see Pokemon Sunday stuff on my Saturday and then...all day again on my Sunday. I've gotten to the point of "needing" to see or read newly released info. Needless to say, I want this game.

Does anyone feel like there could be a "shortage" like there was with the Xbox 360 and the Wii game systems?

There's 1 million pre-sold, 1.5 million expected to be pre-sold, and (to save on numbers) way more than 1.5 million people where the game will first come out.

I'm not freaking out or anything, just curious if anyone thinks the demand in the states could match, exceed, or fall painfully short of the current pre-sale demands.

...and the way some of the fans are...I would not wanna be working at a game store and have to be the one to announce that they ran out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S. I'll be shocked if this doesn't get closed off quickly because we get off topic or if there was something else posted that was remotely close to what I just wrote. :rolleyes:

That is a really phenomenal thought. A set of games that is already a million-seller is not so easy, but I suppose when it comes to Pokemon, profit is a really easy thing.

And the franchise is still running strong. Nice to hear this. :-D

and my vice president said yesterday no one liked Pokemon. Ha!

But this is great news for the franchise.

It's a pokemon game, so it's going to be a best seller.
There will be a shortage after it releases, as usual, and it will take extra long to ship if you are importing.

Thats very promising news for the game, 1- 1.5 million preorders is alot of money for GF and Nintendo, and thats not counting how many people will buy the games when they are available for sale in Japan or when they can be preoprdered and purchased in othor countries. I agree Pokemon is one of the most popular franchises for Nintendo, and is one of the biggest money makers, second only to Mario, so this indicates that pokemon is going strong and there is still much interest in it, and that more players are becoming interested as well, which is very good for Nintendo, and Game Freak, who will continue to make the games for many years to come.

I highly doubt that a franchise like Pokemon will ever be completely dead, and wilL continue to make money over the years, and will become a Nintendo classic much like Mario is. Game Freak may eventually decide to focus on other projects and ideas, but Pokemon will always be their most suceessful unless they make something that can top it, which they may not.

I kind of wish Game Freak'd use the copius amounts of moolah they aqquire to fund other projects besides pokemon. Don't get me wrong, I love the 'mon series to bits and it's always great to see it thrive, but...Drill Dozer....Pulse Man...Quinty...these guys are capable of producing some fun alternatives, but they're pretty pigeon-holed these days.

Ha. Pigeon. Mamepato.

So, as of right now, Serebii says that there are 1 million pre-orders. The website they got their information from estimates that there will be about another half million pre-sold before the release.

Do you think that will hold up when it reaches the states?

I am beyond excited for this game. I love/hate the time difference because I get to see Pokemon Sunday stuff on my Saturday and then...all day again on my Sunday. I've gotten to the point of "needing" to see or read newly released info. Needless to say, I want this game.

Does anyone feel like there could be a "shortage" like there was with the Xbox 360 and the Wii game systems?

There's 1 million pre-sold, 1.5 million expected to be pre-sold, and (to save on numbers) way more than 1.5 million people where the game will first come out.

I'm not freaking out or anything, just curious if anyone thinks the demand in the states could match, exceed, or fall painfully short of the current pre-sale demands.

...and the way some of the fans are...I would not wanna be working at a game store and have to be the one to announce that they ran out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S. I'll be shocked if this doesn't get closed off quickly because we get off topic or if there was something else posted that was remotely close to what I just wrote. :rolleyes:

Also serebii says that they're the fastest selling ds games in history, not bad.

I kind of wish Game Freak'd use the copius amounts of moolah they aqquire to fund other projects besides pokemon. Don't get me wrong, I love the 'mon series to bits and it's always great to see it thrive, but...Drill Dozer....Pulse Man...Quinty...these guys are capable of producing some fun alternatives, but they're pretty pigeon-holed these days.

Ha. Pigeon. Mamepato.
Nah, the Mamepato joke makes more sense if you use its ability. Anyway, would love for irony's sake that the game turns out pretty sane stuff, not revolutionary, and sold so many copies cause of too much hyperbole. Might not be that way, but you never know.

For all those who say Pokemon is going to die, this is enough to prove them wrong - every Pokemon game that has a new region in it always sells more than the previous one, so it's getting better and better!

Heh this is great news. Now hopefully they are going to be great games, I'm sick and tired of 4th gen already and it was a pretty bad generation up until HG/SS imo.

But I'm still debating whether to buy both Black and White >_<

every Pokemon game that has a new region in it always sells more than the previous one, so it's getting better and better!
Except that only happened when Diamond and Pearl sold more than Ruby and Sapphire had sold before them. We don't if that will happen with Black and White, since preliminary sales don't dictate how well the games will do overall; right now there is far more hype about the games than there are facts.

Fastest selling DS game? Is he sure about that? It is sort of impressive that they managed to get one million pre-orders, some games can't even make that on their actual release, let alone the pre-order. It's nice to see it doing decently, but decent isn't going to cut it. You want to show me the so-called strength of the franchise? I want to see something unprecedented. We're talking about a console that has Dragon Quest on it. The most popular RPG in Japan. You're going to tell me we exceeded that? I want proof!

If Pokemon exceeded Mario(and I think it did or was VERY close to it last time I checked), which is a game that non-diehard gamers play AKA "everyone," what makes you think it can't surpass Dragon Quest?

...right now there is far more hype about the games than there are facts.
You make that sound like a bad thing.

Two things to remember folks:

1) This is Japan only. Ordinarily that's not a problem for the Pokemon games, but just keep that in mind.

2) Piracy. Piracy can be a horrible thing to combat. I expect we'll see a large sales number, but no doubt some of that will be hampered by those who wish to pirate.

I hope and expect to see really large numbers afster the release date. And also that the games will be a huge success around the world. I agree with V Faction though, that piracy might cause the numbers to be at least a bit lower. I hope most of the people will decide to buy the game.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom