• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash vs Paul III

Infernape VS Electivire looks awesome.
And yes, electricity vs fire is a popular theme.

I would not mind the Ash vs Takuto battle starting here, AS LONG AS we get closure to Paul's character!

If they don't leave enough time for this, then I could care less about the last three episodes

What closure does he need, really? Just to apologize to Ash and Infernape and walk off.

Its not like Paul's going to become a researcher like Gary.

On the battle itself, I'm glad it comes down to Infernape v Electivire *still hoping for Blast Burn debut* and its quite fitting. Infernape is a major part of Ash/Paul's relationship and rivalry.

What closure does he need, really?

I still firmly believe that we'll see 5-6 minutes of the battle, 5-6 minutes of Ash/Paul/other people interacting, maybe Infernape going back with Paul, and the rest will be Takuto. Give him some backstory, start the battle.

What do you guys think the final interaction between Satoshi and Shinji will be?

I mean they already seem to respect each other and every earlier animosity seems to have pretty much disappeared, and of its own accord too. They have learned alot from each other (having Shinji learn counter-shield is almost ubiquitous... seriously), so maybe recognition/acknowledgement of that

I see Paul commend Ash and recognize him as a great trainer, showing that he respects Ash's training methods and that he did a great job as Infernape's trainer. And I could see Ash with Infernape give back the Soothe Ball from the tag battle tournament. Sort of as a token of friendship/respect.

I know some people have speculated on Ash giving back Infernape to Paul but I think it's kinda unlikely. I mean Ash's isn't the one to suggest something like that in the first place and with Paul beginning to recognize Ash's strength's as a trainer, I doubt he'd ask for Infernape back knowing Ash did a better job training Infernape than he did. And I don't think Paul's going to completely change his ways either so I doubt he would want Infernape for a second chance. This battle was mainly to show Paul that Ash's training methods also work and just because he's friendly, doesn't mean he's weak. It's to help Paul respect Ash more, not to change Paul.

And of course Infernape's pretty emotionally invested with Ash. I mean that whole episode with Chimchar facing its fear against the Zangoose...it definitely showed that Infernape has found its home along with Ash and the rest of his pokemon. And then of course there's a whole lot of examples of the Infernape and Ash bond and also examples of how Infernape was abused by Paul. So I think what could happen is that we could see Ash and Infernape forgive Paul and give him the Soothe Bell to show that.

Besides, Ash has to prepare for another battle after this. I don't think an important release like this would be that powerful in-between battles. But the Soothe Bell idea works pretty well so I'm going with that.

I think Paul will respect Ash has a trainer and yes, soothe bells will play a part in that... Come on, they referenced the Zoey/Dawn promise and Johanna's ribbon in the GF, so they won't forget the bells.

As for Infernape, I don't think Ash is the kind of person who would suggest it, but he is the kind of person not to stand in the way of his pokemon's wishes. Infernape's invested in Ash, but I think he's equally invested in Paul... He wants Paul to acknowledge him too and Paul was there for all the major events in Infernape's developpement.

I think Paul will respect Ash has a trainer and yes, soothe bells will play a part in that... Come on, they referenced the Zoey/Dawn promise and Johanna's ribbon in the GF, so they won't forget the bells.

As for Infernape, I don't think Ash is the kind of person who would suggest it, but he is the kind of person not to stand in the way of his pokemon's wishes. Infernape's invested in Ash, but I think he's equally invested in Paul... He wants Paul to acknowledge him too and Paul was there for all the major events in Infernape's developpement.

Yeah, but Paul acknowledging Infernape doesn't necessarily translate to giving Infernape back to Paul. I mean with the flashbacks of how Paul treated Infernape as a Chimchar in that Zangoose episode, and that whole episode itself...sure Infernape wants Paul's acknowledgement but I think it's safe to say that's it's much happier with Ash.

Yeah, but Paul acknowledging Infernape doesn't necessarily translate to giving Infernape back to Paul. I mean with the flashbacks of how Paul treated Infernape as a Chimchar in that Zangoose episode, and that whole episode itself...sure Infernape wants Paul's acknowledgement but I think it's safe to say that's it's much happier with Ash.

As I've always said, I'd be fine either way and both are extremely believable as far as I'm concerned.

Gliscor or Infernape should be his final pokemon and maybe Pikachu.

Gliscor Maybe, Pikachu I think will fall earlier in the match. I can see a Giga Impact collision leading up to Electivire vs Infernape.

Coming back to the upcoming episode. I'd like to know what attack Drapion is using against Buizel, the purple ball? I think its Toxic.

Gliscor or Infernape should be his final pokemon and maybe Pikachu.

We already know the last matchup is Infernape v Electivire.

Gliscor being used in the first place in the battle is cheap, Gliscor being Ash's final pokemon would destroy the rivalry and any meaning this battle had in the first place.

...but I think it's safe to say that's it's much happier with Ash.

Yes, I'm sure he'll be far happier when, in three episodes time he's left to rot at Oak's lab for the next few years.

Seriously though, I would be really pissed off if Ash gave Paul Infernape back. Way out of character for both of them.

Yes, I'm sure he'll be far happier when, in three episodes time he's left to rot at Oak's lab for the next few years.

Seriously though, I would be really pissed off if Ash gave Paul Infernape back. Way out of character for both of them.

What's with people saying Ash's pokemon "rot" at Oak's? Does Torkoal, Heracross, Noctowl, and Quilava not mean anything? And Infernape can keep company with Ash's other pokemon and at least Oak, Tracey, and Ash's mom are far more loving than Paul. Besides, the talk with Meowth in the Zangoose seems to have shown that not only Ash can care for Infernape, but Ash's friends and pokemon too so being at Oak's isn't a problem.

Anyway, does the summary with the last 5 episodes of D/P say anything new about this episode.

Same here, Infernape should say with Ash

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom